Suggestions for QoL improvements

Hello all \o/
Here are list (again, one more) with things i felt can be improved. Maybe you feel the same.

1. Show resistance’ over maximum value when it has it with prefixed “+” symbol

So this is basically the ability to quickly see your overcaps, which you will have like for all the resistances at some point of the game. Currently, if we want to see exact overcap value, we need to mouse over every resistance individually, and this is basically we do every time we change anything in our gear, check 10 tootips can be tedious. I suggest displaying the value right away (replace existing value with overcap value). Do not change anything in the tooltip, but only the front value.

The only downgrade would be that now, you don’t see raised Maximums, meaning when you see 83%, that means you have “+3% Maximum Vitality Resistance” somewhere on you, with shown idea above, this value can be only seen in the tooltip, e.g. “Vitality 83% (+44% Over Maximum)”. I think checking these “maximums” are quite rare, more important to see overcaps as they change with almost any gear/component/augment update.

2. When there is an unassigned Devotion Skill, show it in Skills window

This is self-explanatory i guess. The common case for the issue would be: when we assign a Devotion Skill to an item’ active skill and we change that item, we can easily forget about the Devotion Skill to reassign it. I would like the game to show it somehow easy. This is just an example where i see it can be shown: show the button with number of unassigned skills (or just some constant text like “You have unassigned Devotion Skill”). Pressing it will act like pressing “Devotion” button. Do not show this extra button if there is no unassigned dev skills.

3. Warn about wasting points into “Chance to be Used” skill if no default-weapon-attack skill in use

Basically, me after 1k hours into the game still cannot remember which skill can proc it, i always google it. Maybe im just a slow learner, but i guess for very new players that might be even harder. So the idea is to make it more obvious and prevent players from wasting skill points (we’re not preventing, we’re just making player aware of it). I’m not sure the best way to hint this info to the player, but this is my idea.

4. Show spoil sphere icon on map and minimap

This is a feature request. Currently, the spoils sphere is not shown on minimap, this is something player can miss and there is never a reason to miss it (meaning it’s always by mistake). I suggest adding an icon on minimap (and map) for it just like we already have great icons for epics and legs.

5. When faction has Revered (max) reputation, do not allow it to lower anymore

For example, when you complete a quest where you can choose a faction, when i choose Black Legion, their rep get up and Homestead rep gets small penalty. This is all great except the moment when Homestead rep is Revered. I suggest to do not lower it at that point. Because its just a small annoyance, player basically gets locked Revered tab in Homestead faction items for some little time until it risen back to Revered again.

Thank you for reading \o/

3 Likes

wouldn’t that be kinda impossible: since default attack is literally always available to you/player :sweat_smile:
instead what the game/tooltip(s) should do, imo, is clarify/highlight better which skills are default attacks (or call them something specific in their tooltip), so all those players aren’t confused what it “default attack” means. AA and wps confusion or “what constitutes a default attack or wps” has probably been brought up about as frequent as conversion riddles has