1. Damage on BA mod is way too little
  2. Not sure why it has %CD
  3. Not sure why it has shield bonuses

I would personally like to see:

• significant damage increase on BA
  • -chaos RR to CoF in place of shield bonus to possession
  • 2H melee bonus

What @hammyhamster1 would like to see:

Personally I’d say just add a fat amount of %recovery, and drop the shield block chance altogether.

Feel free to disagree as always

+1 to all those suggestions. Something like this would heavily benefit from %DA or OA for 2H weapons, since the Rah’zin set struggles with getting those values up. Some extra RR to match what deceivers get from WoP might bring this build to middling performance.

Imo Blade arc as we know works better as 2h plus you already have decent 2h chaos weapon, so I would rather have different skill mod and not shield block to Possession. I have BA posted, definitely needs slight push :thinking:

What do you have in mind?

How about chaos forcewave?

You mean with Obsidian Cleaver? I am tempted to say just give AdctH to Possession.

If you want to make it buff possession, i think it should be something which will give rah’zin witch hunters the bump it needs.

e.g. defence, not adcth.

even more absorb%?

That would work. What I was thinking of was CC res actually. It’s the biggest thing crippling DW melee

Imho it’s a niche helm that needs a little more boost to the base idea(s). I think the shield bonus idea is ok, it just needs to be ~doubled to 10% and also add some %recovery. It provides an alternate possibility to warlord. %cd is there because I assume the design intent for the block concept is Sentinel = Ascension.

If you want non-warlord decent block, you basically have go with the OK Absolution relic, even if not OK. (so on a side note…maybe this relic needs a neutral redesign?). I am not a fan of being herded towards Sentinel with this helm for bloc…but it is the obvious design intent, considering the bonuses to Clarity of Purpose; I personally just like a little more imagination than OK in everything.

Perhaps this helm needs a couple of boosts as it basically has 2 themes. And as mentioned BA is better with 2H, so you are unlikely to be S+B in this case.

The stats on the lvl 94 seem more appropriately weighted for the lvl 75, which also needs a boost.

Edit: It’s a shame it doesn’t also have %acid boost as it could be an alternative helm to the ubiquitous Callagadra’s helm. Maybe this helm needs to be split into 2 items: one BA and one block.

1 Like

False. This helm has been around since before the introduction of the OK. It is designed to support the witchblade, a class which is rarely seen outside of warborn cadence.

Perhaps, but how do you explain clarity of purpose bonus and no bonus on lvl 75? Clearly it has been given 2 concepts, like many other items since the last dlc. Many items and sets have been completely revised. The pre-argument is a poor argument.

How do you explain +1 to all OK on pack of treacherous means?

Answer: IDK. I can’t.

It was most likely added there after the introduction of the OK just make the item slight more accessible.

But I think it’s safe to say that the original intent for the helm is to support chaos WBs.

This is absolutely true. Which is why I did no such thing. I’m pretty certain that the shield block mod to possession was there before the introduction of the OK as well.

EDIT: Could be wrong though

Original intent is irrelevant now imho. The issue is how to make it a good item for the apparent current intent. Original intent was very often theme-based. That is why acid had acid resist on most every item.

And what do you think the current intent is? (Not being sarcastic - genuine question)

I think it has 2 themes. BA and block. They don’t necessarily go well together.

Edit: but that doesn’t mean they can’t be distinctly buffed.

Right. I’m of the opinion that BA, and chaos damage need more support. Hence my suggestion to push it towards that direction.

Do you think shield specs need this support more? (again, sincere question)

Yes for anything not warlord. As I mentioned above.

I guess you are asking me to pick one or the other? I think both can be increased.

Is this so unfair? It’s kinda like saying how I need to use direwolf medal, or korvaak’s brand to DW.

I don’t really get your point. One could argue that with the changes to abomination, 100%convert phys->chaos is doable without a skill transmuter.

Both BA and block are good if you like that sort of thing. It’s just an item with 2 contrary themes. There are many items with more than one theme.

Can’t possibly say no. Slap 2H support on everything. And some WPS please. Building for unobvious 2H often makes you feel like an ugly duckling in the family.

1 Like