[Suggestions] Small things that still bother me immensly and would be fixed (rather) easily

@Norzan Ah, I already thought so much. I suppose there’s also no way to close it off after having defeated the boss.

@Knife Wow, 40 characters. I can understand what you mean, I only have like three, but I already now have to use the personal inventories just to store all the epics.

Well, obviously I make assumptions here because I have no access to the full hardcoded stuff. If I’d have I would probably have done all the changes myself as mods already, which would have also a higher chance to then actually get changed in the game then. I would say I have decent assumptions of how things work, given that I’ve coded myself enough already. For one example I also gave a suggestion in a post above how it could be changed “rather easily”.

But, well, I have no access and no power, and unless a dev actually comments on them, all I can do is complain, make assumptions, and hope for the best. Can’t really fault me for that imo.

I compiled some more things, but was too lazy to add them. As this already became my “personal gripes and wishes” list I’ll just slap them in here. I know I know, lot of subjective things that barely anyone will agree with, but hey, I rather throw them out somewhere.

• Energy and Health potions don’t show till you’r able to use them again as buffs: I think grim internals adds this? But ye, seen no reason why the cooldown couldn’t be shown as a buff/debuff or in the background of the potion.

• Aetherial-Spires that are in the aether-stuff are a pain: I think there are only a few where it is the case where they really are directly in the stuff, but those are already too many. You go in get hurt 3/4 of your life in 2 secs despite any usualy resistances (I know it’s lifedrain), hit the spire for two or three times, get out again. Repeat for ~7 times. I just kept ignoring those at all because it’s just not worth the time and effort.

• Leveling factions need ages without getting exp from boss-monsters, problematic when you’re leveled too high for a faction-specific monster already: I know this is overlooked and doesn’t really matter much the longer you play, but if you play for your first time or such it becomes a hassle. Quests alone just give too few faction-exp to few, you usually get maybe 1/3 of the exp from the quests and the rest from the boss monsters you kill on your way there I feel. Wouldn’t even mind if just the exp was drastically decreased once you are 10+ levels above them, just them being…not zero.Probably something to keep in mind for the potential sequel.

• no option to set pickup-button to hold so it keeps picking up everything in range: As someone who likes to grab everything that is enchanted, I’d like a one-button “catch-all” option so I don’t have to repeat the pickup-button for 15 times. I think someone made an autohotkey script just for this? Regardless, should be a button in the base game.

• key to hide all items on the ground would be nice: I don’t know if I just didn’t find this, but if it doesn’t exist, ye would be nice to have. So when you kill minor creatures during a hectic moment like a bossfight or such you just tap the button and don’t get your screen cluttered.

• auras resetting on new game (on death is understandable): Minor thing, which I probably understand why it was done so that auras you don’t turn on permanently are off by default, but I’d like it to save them at least when you just close the game and open it normally. Otherwise it’s just always the same ritual: shift to second skillbar, click on ~5 auras that I have on permanently, shift back to normal skillbar. Not a big deal per se, but just few button presses less before starting the game.

• “hidden” quests become visible again after relogging: The quest log is pretty good, but in the same vain as auras it bothers me that it doesn’t save the quests you have hidden by clicking that little circle next to them. I’m playing on Elite now and I went through the portal immediately just to get access to the three faction vendors, but you activate a lot of quests already then which I don’t plan on doing before the main game + AOM. So now they clutter the questlog and I have to hide them again every time I play the game again.

• would like to see how much of a material I already have when browsing the smith: I often lose focus on what materials I already have, and sometimes I found out that I don’t have one that I get only from the smith? Anyways, it would be cool if it could show you not only how many of a material you can potentially create, but also how many of it you already have in your bags+inventory, so you can see quickly what you are still missing or what you have a lack of.

Devs have made clear their stance on auto picking up everything so that won’t be happening.

Key to hide all items; you’d need to check in the keybindings in the Options menu if there’s a key you can use to hide all loot or not. Otherwise you’d have to untick everything in the loot filter I guess.

Why is recasting buffs/auras okay when you die, but not when starting a new session? :woman_shrugging: It’s exactly the same as summoning pets. Do you expect them to be carried over to the next play session too?

Are you talking numbers for the smith? Because otherwise if you want to craft something they show what you have available and what you need.

I don’t mind pets not carried over, because pets can die and you need to recast them when they do, but auras that just give you passive values. You turn them one after game starts, and usually never turn them off again or have to recast them. In my experience at least (I once read there is an enemy that removes your buffs or sth?)

Ye, I know that it shows which materials you have if you want to craft something and what you need for it, but I’d also like to see if I already have those materials and how many in my stuff (so number I have of the material I want to craft, not the ingredients needed for it which is already there)

default key to hide all items that are laying in the ground are K

1 Like

Thank you, I will check it out!