Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Super surprised that nobody made a thread for this game on the day it came out. Is anyone else playing the new Smash? Which characters do you enjoy playing?

This game is so much fucking fun, coming from someone who hasn’t owned a Smash Bros. game since Melee on the gamecube. Personally I can’t get enough of Simon and Richter. Bayonetta is really fun (but difficult to combo with) and it’s still fun playing Link and Marth. Classic mode is great, they did a good job with the bosses and it’s awesome that you can play classic mode with two players. Adventure mode is a total blast and I’ve probably spent the majority of my time here. Some of the spirit battles are damn hard to clear, to the point of being almost like puzzles since you have to figure out which setup works best to beat them. New Game+ is great since your roster carries over (going to try and 100% only using Richter). The online mode is kinda…bad. Only aspect of the game that I don’t care for, but it’s fun to play against other people now and again.

1 Like

I’m not playing it, but I want to. As I own a PC, I find it hard to purchase a console, especially with the amount of games I own. The last smash I played was Brawl. I mained Snake on a somewhat competitive level. I loved playing online in free-for-all and getting jumped by the other 3 taunters and winning; so much that I started my Youtube channel on it. The snake in SSBUltimate seems so OP and intimidating to play against. The nakita is fear itself. All the characters seem to have a boost in total speed as well.

I too had little care for online play; playing against bots in single player mode – but once you find a character that you like, you will want to master it, and playing against others will become an urge.

Don’t have it and not planning to. I haven’t enjoyed a mario game since the 3d era to be honest. And the Smash version not my cup of tea either. I do have a dozen other games on the Switch though.

I’d like to get a switch, but cannot justify spending the money right now.