Supply Trace Issues

My current build has over 1000 citizens. I’m running 5 smokers. Yet, when I look at my inventory there isn’t any smoked meat or fish stored. I checked my 6 root cellars and not a one of them had any fresh meat or fish stored in them. I started to follow my smokers and they were walking to hunting and fishing camps, which are scattered to all points of the map, to get fresh meat and fish to smoke. With over 130 laborers working the map, why isn’t the fresh meat and fish being transported to the root cellars?

Hey.

I might have an idea.

Can you post a screenshot of your total inventory?

The food consumption is in waves. If you don’t have enough beans and roots, the pop will use way more smoked meat and fish. So you have enough other foods in the winter? With a thousand pop that would need to be at least 3k roots, 3k beans and 5k cabbages in fall. Also bread of course.

How productive are your smokers? They should produce about 800 smoked goods annually each. If they don’t, your ways are too far or you don’t have enough wood or fish / meat. Smokers are a bit bitchy. You need to have a root cellar with at least 150 fish and meat in very close proximity and a stockyard with 100 chopped wood right beside. If you don’t, the smokers will wonder of over the whole map to find stuff.

With my city on vanquisher i have about 10 smokers (1600 pop) with that config and more smoked meat than I can handle.

Hope i could help, post inventory and smoker set up screen shot otherwise.

Laborers will only grab items from places when the storage location has a min value set, otherwise at least in my observations, only the hunter/fisherman or the smoker will grab meat/fish from the source. Do note that setting minimums can chew up laborer time so do it sparingly. Also, are you losing a ton of raw meat to spoilage? If not, you probably aren’t producing enough to be stored.