Switching projectile fx causes skill to break?

So for a new mastery I’m making I wanted to make a skill similar to panetti’s replicating missile. I used panetti’s missile file as a template, and outside of changing some of the damage types and numbers, the only other thing I changed was switching the arcane missile projectile fx file with an ice spike projectile fx file. However, for whatever reason, going in-game and trying to use it, nothing happens. The character plays the animation for the attack, and throws his hand out, but no projectile comes out. I tried changing the ice spike projectile file template and data to be identical to the one for the arcane missile file, but no dice. Still nothing comes out when I use the skill. Anyone have an idea as to what I might be doing wrong here?

Hmmm I have modded the look of Panetti before, for example:

click

but that was modding panetti itself, not creating a new skill

Unfortunately I don’t have these mods anymore.
I think I changed some files that have flight in their name, one for main Panetti shot and the other for reflected ones.

Interesting, thanks for the example. For whatever reason using the occultist’s “Dreeg” skill as a template instead of Panetti’s Replicating missile fixed the issue, while achieving the same result. No clue why. Definitely a lot of wonky stuff going on with projectiles though lol.