Terrain leveling makes it possible to overlap buildings - v0.8.0

When I try to place a building next to the market, I can make the two buildings overlapping. I noticed the same problem with a house when I was trying to place a well.

I did level the terrain quite a lot. It looks like the size of the existing building is smaller than it should be.

After saving/reloading the game, the problem disappeared.

1 Like

So while I have observed this issue myself before, I could never cause it reliably. I tried a setup very similar to yours just now with no luck.

So what I am saying is…

3 Likes

I have been leveling again and again the same patch of ground, trying to get something flat, maybe that’s the reason behind this issue? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I overlapped several leveling areas simultaneously, too.

doctor-strange-ancient-one

Here is my save, I hope it’ll help:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AKivnsVD7OOOfnmMax8yy9kr8iaEKSwe/view?usp=sharing

Can’t get it to happen!

EDIT: wait…wait!

Got it…

2 Likes

A little note to this, the areas that can overlap, doesn’t have to be a part of the area that was terraformed. It can happen anywhere in the town.

I had this one happen hundreds of tiles away from my terraforming. (Apiary inside house)

Call Rentakil! Buzz! Buzz!

1 Like

Does that mean when that residence is ready to Upgrade, we can say it’s Waxing?

• And with that groaner, I’ll make a Beeline for the exit . . .
1 Like

Can I add to this that I was able to overlap graveyards, too? I needed to build another one in a town and wanted to place it next to the one I had (would love to be able to extend like a farm in the future). I accidentally over selected the area and it didn’t stop me from placing the new graveyard. Is this intended functionality?

No, overlapping graveyards is not intended. It is currently possible to build graveyards on top of each other.

That actually makes Sense: there are quite a few graveyards within cities that have ‘layers’ of coffins and bodies on top of each other for lack of available surface area. Another Feature, not a Bug situation.

Sure, at some point it’s fair to say that the previous “tenants” have vacated the premises, no? :wink:

That really depends on the local religious views as much as anything: some take the view that the Tenant remains with the remains Forever, others that the essence departs within a certain amount of time and after that the remains can be ‘remaindered’. Hence, in addition to stacked caskets/sarcophagai/bodies there are also Ossuaries where the cleaned bones are piled up like cordwood. Luckily for us, none of this is really visible above ground, so whatever they are doing doesn’t have to be rendered in the game - unless they decide to ring in the Tibetan or Native American ‘Sky Burials’, which would be neat but totally at odds with the apparent background of the rest of the game!

Upgrade? → catacombs…

Service building? → Ceremonial Pyre

OR:
Upgrade: Fancy Tombstones and funerary Statues in graveyard
Service Building: Ossuary/Crypt in the middle of the graveyard with Cremation Pyre/oven (another use for Firewood?)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.