Terrify transmuter on War Cry

1. Does this stack with the Break Morale node? So 12/12 Break Morale and 3/3 Terrify is 40 phys RR?
    I’m thinking yes because they both modify the same base skill but it could also mean 30 phys RR and 10 RR everything else.

2. Does the Terrify RR work if a monster can’t be terrified? Similar to OFF’s fire RR not working if a monster can’t be frozen.

1 Like
  1. Both modify the same skill, so it should stack.

2. As far as I know, minimum terrify resistance “immune” monsters have is 500%, so nope.

1. I think they count as two sources of flat rr, so they will not stack.

Modifiers are not separate skills, they add something to the main skill, so there should not be anything like being two different sources. Besides, unless changed in GD, X reduced resistances for 3 seconds will stack with Y reduced resistances for 3 seconds, but if one will have less/more seconds of duration, they won’t.

but one is specific for physical res.

Well, yeah, I forgot about that part. Don’t know then, TQ doesn’t have such bullshit with RR as GD has. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was looking at the gunner tactician discussion and wondered why no one picked up the transmuter for its RR. If you’re a gunner, you don’t mind the inconvenience of terrify that much if you’re getting 10 RR for only 3 skill points. And if the RR works even if the mob can’t be terrified, that’s extra bonus against heroes and above.

Maybe @Zantai can help shed some info on my 2 questions.

I’m fairly certain the terrify effect does not stack. Reduced RR does not stack, even this as reduced everything includes a physical portion.

(But imho 10 reduced RR for 3 skill is not a great deal, considering all the various sources of reduced RR available throughout the items and devotions).

This issue was clarified in a thread regarding stacking sources of DW reduced RR to a skill, iirc. I don’t remember the thread name…you could search around. Item-to-skill and skill-line modifiers should have the same behavior.

But you could always test on dummy to confirm. With 3 points vs without.

Thats unfortunate if true. Guess thats 3 skill points saved.

A lot of builds push their RR skill way past the soft cap just for an extra 1 RR per skill point. 10 RR for 3 skill is a good deal when taken in that context. You wont get this kind of returns after pushing an RR skill past the first 3-5 points invested.

I’ve exactly the same question and exactly OFF came to my mind. Since the word is around that OFF’s debuff does not work on bosses, I think it would be the same for terrify.

That’s what I fear. I hope that someone else clarifies this.

I am curious to know similar things regarding the way -phys resist stacks on procs granted by items, for example dual equipping the Ring of the Black Matriarch; Instead of having 1 of them equipped reducing target phys resist by 10%, does it stack to -20% if I have two of the same ring equipped? Or no because they are separate procs and are overriding eachother as they proc? I haven’t been able to test this as I don’t have a 2nd ring to test with but it’d be good to know.

What I believe I have verified to have worked is separate proc chances on two separate items that spawn a ground AoE instance like earthquakes; but target-based debuffs such as the one on the ring I have I have not been able to confirm.

Also, what about Warcry -% physical damage stacking with granted item skill debuff of the same type like Oleron’s Might (-20%); does this stack or am I constantly overriding low level Warcry -phys damage with Oleron’s Might -20% every time I use it? Not sure how these are working in tandem.

Just got this game about a week ago, still playing vanilla GD and plan on buying expansions soon but level 85 Warder just trying to gear up for faster clear speeds and farm routes for other builds.

Debuffs from the same source don’t stack, only refresh the duration of it. So using 2 Black Matriarch rings won’t double the effect, they will refresh the debuff on each other as they are counted as the same source. Same goes for using a non-Mythical and Mythical Black Matriarch ring.

Rings that have 2 attack-based procs like Reign of Ice and Fire will trigger both procs and deal damage independently.

For -x% reduced target’s damage debuffs, the highest value gets used, so yes, War Cry with it’s -25% will be overwriting Oleron’s Might.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Now I can remove points from Warcry and put them somewhere more useful :stuck_out_tongue:

Keep in mind what Oleron’s Might and War Cry do before you make your decision.

War Cry has a big radius that allows it to debuff a crowd immediately but by default has a downtime between the damage reduction and the skill’s cooldown.

Oleron’s Might only hits a single target but it’s damage reduction can be kept up 100% of the time.

Right… I usually BLitz into a mob pack, WC, then single target w/ Oleron’s in the skill mash-up (Heroes, Nemeses etc). Plus I am wearing pants that confuse trash mobs as well. I primarily use Primal Strike for cleanup and single target… keeps trash monsters from lingering in a boss fight and lets me just face-tank everything