The 2H Vitality Death Knight project v1

I want to share this little build which i have made.

Initially i tried to build some vit dk but deemed items too crappy. Then for some reason the other day it just dawned on me to give it another try and see what i could come up with. The result is what seems like a great powerful build where i can just charge in and kill stuff as i please. No stinking shaman totem or other such garbage. Gigantic leech, gigantic. Always wanted 2H melee without shaman.

Yea the build uses a few rare items that are not really realistic to assume - this is just to show how to optimize it. All in all i am very satisfied with the result, the items and everything synergize greatly!

Check it out guys this i think is a GG build.

I mean, just the cadence alone should be able to crit over 600k if procs align, and on top of that it’s sitting on between 21-22k health with GIGANTIC and consistent leech. Plus it’s braindead playstyle really super faceroll. I can’t really see what can stop this build.

Grimtools calc

NOTE: THE REST OF THIS THREAD INCLUDING PICTURES IS NO LONGER ACCURATE SINCE MANY PATCHES. THE BUILD ABOVE IS UPDATED. GOOD NEWS IS STATS ARE BETTER THAN BEFORE EVEN THOUGH THEY NERFED SPECTRAL WARMAUL.

Key Features:

• Dark one’s full set
  • 91% physical converted to vitality
  • 20k health
  • 23-30k base weapon damage with procs up
  • +3092% vitality damage with procs up
  • -46% enemy attack speed(cursebearer + spectral wrath) + Makovian’s advantage (33% reduced)
  • 31% leech at all times - 140% with procs up lol
  • Blitz --> Cadence + Siphon Souls, War Cry, Mark of Torment and Bloodthirster.
  • -120% vitality resistance with procs up (without shaman/occultist!!!)
  • 80% stun / 72% freeze / 58% slow - resistances

I went and used dirty tactics to acquire the weapon. Behold the power of it! It is more powerful than the version shown in calculator which is what explains 91% conversion, 31% leech and 3092% vitality damage.

Hope you enjoy! The 2H Vitality Death Knight dream lives!

PS. We need kymon stuff so only necro after stashing tons.

interesting idea.

might work better as a vit-converted forcewave build using
http://www.grimtools.com/db/items/9419

the items you picked have more cast speed than attack speed and you also get some free (and otherwise useless) cast speed from harbinger of souls. and the weapon has higher base conversion (45%) and probably drops more often than a double rare.

Definitely not going force wave. I neither like it nor wanted to do anything other than cadence :slight_smile: cadence is better anyway. Also cast speed leftover on items is just random.

But i did give some thought to wrathblade. It’s really good, actually better dps than the preserver warmaul, despite less leech. Still. So because of that i reveal two different version of the build and i put the wrathblade on the budget one!

First the super ideal setup with all the hard to get rare items. Notice the actual BiS weapon not even shown in OP.

Grimtools calc (ideal version)

Key Features:

• 85% physical converted to vitality
  • 20.3k health with ideal items
  • 22.3-29.2k default attack damage
  • 34% leech at all times - 143% with buffs up
  • 3089 OA with all buffs up

Grimtools calc (budget version)

Key Features:

• 80% physical converted to vitality
  • 19.1k health with ideal items
  • 19.7k-25.9k default attack damage
  • 27% leech at all times - 136% with buffs up
  • 2857 OA with all buffs up

Budget still requires thunderstruck pants of some kind, if not on piercing resist base then replace medal with basilisk with pierce resist on it. Or replace other items. Just a version that is possible without crazy rares.

I cheated and generated the mace just for show and tell… and maybe a little try… Picture in OP. Updated build also.

Is there anything on the item that indicates its generated?
It could drop/crafted as it is in the picture, right?

Yea it can drop just like that as well, with some epic luck. Looks same as normal item.

UPDATED

Came back to GD been a while and many patches. They nerfed warmaul probably thinking they improved it… but they nerfed it or made it more streamlined with less potential when perfect rolled. Still build overall improved due to other changes. Check it out guys this i think is a GG build.

I mean, just the cadence alone should be able to crit over 600k if procs align, and on top of that it’s sitting on between 21-22k health with GIGANTIC and consistent leech. Plus it’s braindead playstyle really super faceroll. I can’t really see what can stop this build.

My own one https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2Ej9wnV