The best build for class-by-class farming that everyone thinks

Hi everyone!
It’s been two months since I started Grim Dawn and I’m having a lot of fun.
I’m training 4 characters with reference to the builds posted by everyone, and all of them are exciting‼

Build Compendiums is kind to beginners, and I am very grateful to @Stupid_Dragon

Well, as we all know, this game spends a lot of time farming.
I think that the fun of playing this game is to play many classes, and if possible, I would like to farm in various classes in the mood of the day.

I think it’s possible to build on a low budget, but by the time you have a few characters, your assets will increase to some extent.

So what I mean is that I want all veterans to tell me about builds that can be used for farming between low budget builds and endgame builds.
Like we can comfortably farm the elite SR.

I believe that knowledge will also help Grim Dawn beginners in the future.

Thanks to all my friends for giving me a lot of insight!

1 Like

The builds you have listed here are all with specific equipment in mind.

For the warlord I recommend a beginner blitz build (nearly busted in effectiveness).

The shieldbreaker can be ran as a fire variant but it is a different build and a bit lacking if you don’t have pyran’s set.

The pet conjurer you have listed is using the bysmiel’s trinket set which is completely rng based on acquiring it. Going for a beginner pet conjurer will do the trick.

The most efficient of the group is going to be the warlord blitzer.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Thank you for your quick reply!

Yes, as you say, all the examples are endgame builds.
And there is no doubt that Warlords are the most suitable class for farming.
However, I found it easy to aim for their build for the following reasons:

Warlords have adopted a Totally Normal Shield that can be picked up and a set that can be purchased at SR.

Shield breaker worked similarly with the 75 level equipment available from Vinelton and the Turnox Tome, and SR farming was fine.
(It was just a little dying and I needed some tips to operate it.)

The Conjurer comes with a beginner’s guide and we can buy the blueprints for the weapon at Bysmiel.

Those are the impressions I actually played.
thank you.

Yeah for sure. The easiest one is the warlord from that group. You cannot get the trinkets from the weapon craft. It is a separate set. No blueprint exists for those things! Farming is the only way to acquire the amulet/medal/rings.

From an efficiency standpoint the blitz warlord will be best. It is very fast and 3 shots essentially all main campaign content. The gear is also: Milton’s casque, warden’s shield, etc. These are verrry easy to get items. The dual shield one will be meh until your gear is good.

The pet conjurer is not the fastest by any stretch. You can go ultra lazy with low dps on it or you can do okay dps with a piano build. See duskdeep builds for min-max pets. Maya’s builds are for the lazy players but come at a cost of clear speed.

The fastest farmer in the game would be a skater using volcanic stride. It is also very easy to gear for.

4 Likes

Thank you for the detailed explanation!

duskdeep is a person who is actively posting pet builds. I didn’t know that the dps was so different.

And I didn’t know the build a skater using volcanic stride at all.
Can you give me a build example if you like?

1 Like

not sure what you mean; because all the builds you’ve linked are 100% pure endgame builds
all these builds can comfortably beginner farm “endgame”

the only way for there to be something “between” beginner farm and real endgame farm, would be a beginner-endgame build that was partially transitioning (item-wise); otherwise it’s an actual endgame build; since those require a “full” specific setup of XY legendaries that are random drops

most builds in the beginner build compendium can, comfortably, farm SR 50+ if not even 60 or higher, on Ultimate (at least the ones i’ve tried),
endgame builds aren’t as much about "farming capablitly) since they can basically all do SR 65-66 on Ultimate or 75-76, but about optimized performance, “making the same feat but better/faster”, ex Crucible 170 in 5 minutes instead of 7minutes
and since SR 65-66 is about the most optimal farm spot, without a fully reliable build/“endgame” build, you don’t really need a full endgame build for farming (65-66 farm), unless you wanna step it up the final notch for 75-76/150-170 farm within “fast meta times”

2 Likes

Here is a beginner skater build from the compendium:

1 Like

Thank you for your reply!

I have to apologize to everyone for the question that didn’t make sense.
It was also my mistake to give an example halfway despite my lack of knowledge.

Okay, I noticed that the post was straying, so let me organize my thoughts once.

What I was worried about was … the endgame builds were a mixture of builds suitable for farming, builds specialized in going deep into CR and SR, and builds specialized for attacks for the purpose of TA … It was difficult for me, who lacked knowledge, to judge whether the build was easy to aim for.

Some beginner builds include additional builds when your assets grow, but sometimes they don’t and you may be confused about your next policy.

So … considering the ease of making and handling … What is the recommended build as the next step after the beginner’s build is completed? Is this question more appropriate?

As I frequently delete my stash and clear my db I have some tips:

1. The first character should be fun to play for you.
  2. Your first character will just be for getting gear that you can use to make another, better build.
  3. Don’t start with an endgame build and work backwards. Just pick a style of play that you like: pets, spam caster, melee, gunner, etc. and then use the beginner compendium to find a build that suits that playstyle.
  4. You will probably find gear for everything but the build you want to play. So just go with the flow.
  5. Before SR the best farming is to do the monster totems. You can get lots of blueprints and legendaries by doing that.
1 Like

i would say in that case there is probably 2 avenues
1 is a beginner build that then (likely) includes “easy” to obtain endgame items, this would be stuff like Krieg set, Dark One set, or Vanquisher set builds
since it’s basically part beginner and half endgame in one while then just having the other half to transition to “full” endgame/random drops

nr 2 would probably be a proven/solid starter build; with endgame suggestions in the guide, ex could be Primal Strike shaman, which is a very solid starter build/guide, and has regular endgame path build, like Ultos (which happens to be linked in Stupid_Dragon’s beginner guide)
^this will still be “harder” than nr1 since you can’t target farm ex Ultos set in this example (you can basically craft it if you are willing to do a MP game/trade), which means that unlike Krieg/Vanquisher starter builds, there is more than 50% RNG drops
-but imo ex Primal Strike starter guide is so solid that the difference from starter setup to full endgame outfit isn’t that huge “regular farming/performance”-wise

in theory you could have a Krieg or Dark One starter build, where you have such bad luck you never get the remaining 50% random drop items for “full” 1:1 pure endgame setup. While at the same time you had so good luck you got your full Ultos set+other half of items in the same time - because RNG

i feel like a lot/“most” beginner builds are reasonable enough for endgame, and the middle-ground between; because we can transmute items
which makes it even easier to get your middle-ground endgame transitioning build going; especially even more so if you are okay with a MP trade for crafted helms to transmute

i’d say the hard endgame builds, are the ones the ones that “require”/rely on a lot of pure RNG drop items
beginner builds and by extension the “middle-ground” builds that are simpler to get going utilizes MIs, easy obtainable crafts, or faction items, so any starter guide build with a subsequent endgame transition that fits that “item criteria” would be the best imo

3 Likes

Thank you very much!

Sentinel! I’m looking forward to operating it from now on.

A big thank you to your kind seniors.

I can bet that the earliest all-but-celestials-endgame-farming budget build is the all time classic Silver Sentinel infiltrator. This Infiltrator, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.5) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator can do SR75 and sub-5 Crucible with okay consistency - without a single random purple or rare affix (except the boots but they are common). Rings are questionable as a budget thing but you get the green sword from the same area and get a small chance for the purple ring set every time you go. And are replaceable with Ice and Fire craftables as soon as you get the blueprint. Upgradable to Chillwhisper which is still maybe top 10 builds in the game.

2 Likes

Thank you for the easy-to-understand explanation!

I am keenly aware of my poor understanding of beginner guides and all builds.

My first class was Vindicator.
But I couldn’t stabilize his survival and lost track of where the build should go.
I’ll read the build you recommended and try it out.

I was fortunate to have you find my post.

infiltrator is one of the classes I was very interested in!

It ’s a very cool build that I want to try.

thank you for the advice!

I searched for a Primal Strike build that could step up from the Dark One set to the Ultos set.

I started looking for it in Vindicator, but it seemed that Warder was posting more actively.

Which class do you think you would recommend?

aeh, i didn’t mean Dark One primal strike build into Ultos, that was more 2 different builds
(i think there is an old vitality Primal Strike build somewhere on the forum that uses Dark One tho)
it was more to point out that while a potential easy starter-middle-ground build could be one that uses Dark One (because you can target farm the set); then the other 50% items in the build might still be pure RNG
^so that even if a full Primal Strike Ultos build would “technically” be more RNG than Dark One Conjurer/Archon/Oppressor, (because “all” the items in Ultos are random drop); then it could still be that luck was with you for the Ultos build, but against you in for the Dark One build, even if an Ultos Shaman had more random drops than Dark One
^and even if you didn’t have good luck on trying to make an Ultos build, then the Primal beginner guide build performance was so good that it didn’t really matter much vs another starter build like vitality caster Occultis that used easy Dark One set - because a lightning primal shaman build is plenty strong

the Primal Strike i referred to that was solid as start was Stupid_Dragon’s; keep in mind the Main approach is Primal Strike, so even if one makes a Primal Strike Vindicator you can still use that guide even if it’s for Warder (during leveling the majority parts will still be relevant) - and then can decide at end, what to fully be at endgame, if still want to be Ultos vindicator/warder or something else with that class)

hopefully that clarified a little what i meant?

anyways, in terms of Primal Strike builds, imo it goes sorta like this
(for lightning dmg)
1 Druid for highest dmg, melee or ranged
2 Warder is melee, has most tankiness but “lower” dmg
3 Vindicator for ranged
4 Conjurer for melee or ranged
*you can do Archon too, but i’ve yet to make/try one as Primal Strike myself, so don’t know where it lands between the others, i’d guess above Vindicator for Melee maybe, but below Vindicator for ranged, that’s a pure guess tho

for Vitality dmg you have Ritualist, Conjurer or Archon, but i’d probably stick to lightning if it was your first Primal Strike build

2 Likes

Oh, I see.
I was embarrassed to make a mistake.

Thank you for politely teaching me!

2 Likes

:wink: don’t be nothing wrong with that
aside from grim dawn being a complicated game, which means even if you have many many hundreds or a thousand hours played a person might still not know “everything”
and then when someone try to convey a meaning what they write might look “obvious” to them, but not the reader
and understanding an intent can be even more complicated, if the persons communicating are then doing it in another language than their primary

3 Likes

I realize that it is difficult to overcome the language barrier.
Especially when it’s just letters.

Of course I don’t regret posting.
Everyone, including you, brought me light.