The Bloodrager Warder - final version, with gear

I’m levelling a similar build myself and I’m wondering :

1. I’m not familiar with Valiance set, but since you haven’t the 4 items, the + 1 to skills is not used, so it’s just useful for capping resist ?

2. wouldn’t be a Badge of mastery with +Savagery / + Blade Arc more appropriate than Valiance medal ?

3. and what about a Cronley’s ring with good resist / OA + other ring (to be determined, maybe lifegiver) in place of the set rings ?

I was thinking very similar to this except looks like a lot of HP from the valiance set too, not just resists. Also as bleed resistance is a pain to deal with, I would suggest black star of deceit instead of BoM.

Speaking of resist reduction…the bonus of +5 to each BA and Sav for that shoulder piece (+3 form set bonus) along with that proc for the full blood rager set is really nice, but the -33 bleed resist on the vileblood mantel is a big reduction. Hard to tell how that would balance out though if running the full bloodrager set. That is a lot of skill points and massive flat bleed on the proc to go with increased attack speed… But that proc is trigged on kills, right? So on bosses with no adds then you won’t be getting the proc. I would assume if you didn’t have the full set so you weren’t getting the proc and only getting +2 for Sav and BA then vileblood would be better. Have you happened to try switching those mantels around?

I have a bleeding warder that was doing 250K+ on Fab before the blood rager gear hit and had little issues with him. Especially with the guthook belt equipped. Little surprised you’re having issues. I do think he does have decent bleed resists though so that might be part of it. I do miss the 350k+ before they nerfed clean sweep…

I also use blind fury over howl for the added AoE. How is the clear speed with this character? You have some AoE with blitz and of course BA, but if you’re using blitz to chase instead of open then you lose a lot. Maxed blitz gives huge bleed damage too thanks to its high % weapon damage. That does get over written by a good crit from BA, but it is a good opener especially if you have any savagery charges still… BA on cool down does limit your AoE some. Anyways, just curious how the AoE is on this build.

He took Clean Sweep, meaning his Blade Arc is on cooldown. He uses Savagery during that cooldown, I suppose.

This is all Bloodrager set is about.

Alright, after a lot of testing and shit, I finally made a decision as to which exclusive ability is better for this build. Oleron’s Rage wins in a decisive victory. That said, I have revised the build a bit to optimize it with skill bonuses and such. Keep in mind, some of the new gear for this build is probably going to be really damn hard to get. http://grimcalc.com/build/1006-XvFHJN

Helm: Bloodrager’s Cowl (preferably crafted by Angrim for the chance of 5% Pierce resist) + Leathery Hide + Venomguard Powder
Chest: Bloodrager’s Coat + Chains of Oleron + Mankind’s Vigil
Shoulders: Bloodrager’s Shoulderguard + Silk Swatch + Venomguard Powder
Amulet: Bloodrager’s Gem + Corpse Dust + Survivor’s Ingenuity
Weapon: The Guillotine + Purified Salt + Potent Outcast’s Bastion
Left Ring: Incorruptible Cronley’s Signet of Nature’s Bounty + Corpse Dust + Breath of Life
Right Ring: Incorruptible Gollus’ Ring of Nature’s Bounty + Corpse Dust + Breath of Life
Pants: Chausses of Barbaros + Antivenom Salve + Mankind’s Vigil
Boots: Boneshatter Treads + Mark of Mogdrogen + Mankind’s Vigil
Belt: Guthook Belt + Antivenom Salve + Mankind’s Vigil
Gloves: Grasp of Unchained Might + Unholy Inscription + Mankind’s Vigil
Medal: Badge of Mastery (+5 Savagery preferred, but with some alterations to the point spread in Grim Calc any combination of Savagery and Blade Arc bonuses on it will do) + Arcane Spark
Relic: Oleron’s Wrath (+1 to Break Morale and Laceration is optimal)

I found that, for points invested, Laceration wasn’t doing nearly as much good as I thought it was, so I just let skill bonuses bump it as high as possible. I also found that while Wendigo Totem’s small radius and immobility IS really annoying, it can definitely turn the tide in a pitched battle when placed strategically. I also reduced Oleron’s Rage so it only reached the 12 point soft cap with skill bonuses, because honestly it takes a LOT of extra points just to see an OA% increase beyond the 12 mark. More than I was willing to invest. Devouring Swarm is reduced to be at the 16 soft cap after bonuses, because the extra -1% bleed resist I was getting out of having it over the soft cap was simply not worth the points invested. I dropped Storm Touched a point, because I’m not really taking it for the electrocute damage - I just want that little extra bit of physical damage and attack speed.

Performance, so far, is good. I actually took down Fabius on the first time round, Valdaran is a joke as long as he doesn’t try anything super clever with his teleporting, Benn’jahr is very manageable and this build can actually take more than one direct hit to the face from him and keep on going. Moose is a bit challenging for me, and Iron Maiden is one tough cookie, but I suspect a better player will be able to handle them alright. I was getting bleed crits in excess of 150k on the dummy, AoE performance is decent with Feral Hunger, Blitz/Blindside and Blade Arc (though not spectacular). Only real issue I am running into is e-management - this guy doesn’t have gobs of energy to spend, and he can go through it somewhat fast in a heated fight (Edit: the Arcane Spark on the medal is helping somewhat with that, at least). Crucible testing is still in progress (I really don’t like Crucible that much), but Aspirant is complete and out of the way at least.

EDIT: Switched out Corpse Dust on Amulet for a Dread Skull, switched out Purified Salt on weapon for a Bloody Whetstone. Dropped Military Conditioning by 3 points, dropped Blindside entirely. Added 4 points to Oleron’s Rage. Took single devotion point out of Dryad, placed it in Lion.