The Bloodrager Warder - final version, with gear

This has been an ongoing project for me, but I think I’ve finally got it to a point where I’m happy with it. V 1.0.0.6 and up only, because the Bloodrager set only drops in 1.0.0.6 and up.

Grim Calc (without gear bonuses): http://grimcalc.com/build/1006-e4M16S
(with gear bonuses): http://grimcalc.com/build/1006-aX3V8S
Gear:
Bloodrager’s Set (amulet, shoulders, chest and head)
The Guillotine
Partial Adornments of Valiance Set (both rings and the medal)
Guthook Belt
Colossal Grasp (this gear piece is not optimal due to the granted ability being a shield passive and the IT bonuses being a little out of place, but they’re still decent gauntlets. Open to suggestions here) Swapped out for Empowered Brawler’s Gloves
Chausses of Barbaros
Boneshatter Treads
Oleron’s Wrath Relic (+1 to Break Morale and Laceration)

Augments:
Mankind’s Vigil x4 (any armor piece will do)
Kingsguard Powder x3 (any armor piece will do)
Outcast’s Bastion x1 (weapon)
Mogdrogen’s Sanctity x2 (ring or amulet, either/or)
Breath of Life x1 (ring or amulet, either/or)

Components:
Purified Salt x1 (weapon - the aura ability is good)
Mark of Mogdrogen x1 (boots)
Antivenom Salve x2 (I put it on belt and gloves)
Silk Swatch x3 (chest, shoulders and legs)
Dread Skull x1 (amulet)
Frozen Heart x1 (ring)
Ectoplasm x1 (other ring - this build desperately needs e-management)
Aether Soul x1 (medal)
Sanctified Bone x1 (head)

Devotion order:
Take Crossroads Ascendant
Take Falcon
Remove Crossroads Ascendant
Take Crossroads Order
Take Assassin’s Blade
Remove Crossroads Order
Take Panther
Take Lizard
Take Fox
Take Kraken
Remove Lizard
Take Crossroads Chaos
Take Huntress
Take Behemoth
Remove Crossroads Chaos
Take Hammer
Take Empty Throne
Take Mogdrogen the Wolf
Leftover point in Dryad

How to play this build:
Lead off/pull with Devouring Swarm/Rend, hit War Cry/Howl of Mogdrogen when enemies are in melee range, then lay into them with Savagery and Blade Arc (in that order). Use Blitz to chase down ranged enemies/fleeing enemies as needed. Very simple toon to play. If needed with certain bosses (like Benn’jahr), kite and bleed them down with DS/Rend + hit-and-run swipes with Savagery/Blade Arc.

End result: over 13k HP with Mog’s Pact up, maxed resists in Ult except for Aether, Chaos and Stun, OA and DA both over 2k DA is under 2k with Emp Brawler’s Gauntlets, unfortunately, but Savagery being up will boost it back above 2k, armor rating nearly 1.4k. 100k+ bleed damage ticks on Lucius when I fought him with this layout. Still trying to find Nemeses to test against Dominates Valdaran in toe-to-toe, Moosilauke requires a more hit-and-run approach (and the use of Hoarfrost Ointments), as does Benn’jahr (though Benn’jahr is not really as difficult as Moose is on this toon). Fabius is a tough customer, and will probably overwhelm your life replenishment abilities unless you judiciously use Tonics of Mending. Iron Maiden also a difficult fight, but doable. Most other non-nemesis bosses/heroes not a problem so far.

Emp Brawlers gloves if you want to stack more bleed also has nice OA but no atk speed

Where did the Bloodrager’s Cowl drop?
From Nemesis or Blueprint drop from random boss?

RNG still not fallin’ love with me :cry:

Strange to have 2 auto skill as Savagery / blade arc.

Its trans blade arc boosted by savagery, crits like crazy

Which skills do you attach in devotions?

Getting 200k bleed tick crits on the dummies after Devouring Swarm/Rend and Savagery-boosted Blade Arc connect. It’s amazing.

So yeah, dropping the Colossal Grasp kind of did bad things to my base DA, but I find that as long as you keep Savagery/Tenacity of the Boar up and running it still keeps you above that magical 2k number for DA. Attack speed is pretty good for a 2h user, I think, and my only real problems I’ve encountered thus far have been largely due to my own overconfidence/stupidity. I mean, I mopped the floor with Ult Sentinel, largely by smacking him with a terrific bleed and kiting him around the room as best as I could. Could probably do the same with Moose (who I have historically had the most trouble with). Benn’jahr isn’t too bad as long as I hit and run (and try to get him caught on his own mines). Valdaran feels like a bit of a chump, though his teleporting ability creates some interesting situations. Haven’t encountered Iron Maiden yet (not looking forward to it, either) or Fabius, but will let you know how this warder fares against them when I do.

Rend -> Devouring Swarm. Makes it proc like crazy. DS is fantastic for proccing stuff.
Assassin’s Mark -> Savagery
Falcon Swoop -> Blade Arc
Giant’s Blood -> Oleron’s Rage
Howl of Mogdrogen -> War Cry

Blueprint, when I found it. Was ironically not the blueprint I was looking for at the time, but eh, take what you can get I guess. Craft it with Angrim, because there’s a chance that if you use Duncan to craft it he’ll attach useless elemental damage +% bonus to it. Angrim’s bonuses are all at least slightly useful for this, IIRC.

So, aside from killing Avatar, what is this char good at? Specifically, why would I want this over Trickster?

Well, it’s a lot more survivable/tankier than a Trickster. Better at making things bleed incredibly hard than a Trickster thanks to Blade Arc/Laceration. Probably better AoE ability than a Trickster, because again, Blade Arc. Soldier passives are just nice to have, too.

Is this build legendary heavy, or still playable till i get the rightbgear

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I actually played this build in mostly green gear for a while. The optimal gearing is very legendary heavy, but you could probably make it work with rares and epics until you manage to farm the optimal gear for it, assuming they were the right rares and epics.

i recently dropped bloodrager helm blueprint but i can’t give it a go right now cause i’m lvling another character.

Anyway : Why not full bloodrager with 2 pieces wildblood? (belt and weapon).

Belt is a good defensive item and weapon offer nice bleeding dmg, 2 pieces bonus is 60 OA and 70% bleed with improved duration. What you lose is the + to all skills on guthok belt and guillotine but gain some + to devouring swarm.

Without having levelled a char like this yet, I can tell you Guthook is a must because you are extremely skill point starved and there are so many good skills in the Shaman tree that you are trying to max. Flat bleeding damage is a (major!) bonus.

Honestly, the + to devouring swarm, 60 OA and extra bleed damage/duration simply can’t make up for the all class skill bonuses lost. When I was initially making this warder I looked at the Wildblood set, and was told by a couple other people that the Wildblood set really isn’t that great.

EDIT:

So someone on Discord saw my build and did a little tweaking. https://grimcalc.com/build/1006-ckH0aF is what they came up with. Opinions?

EDIT 2:

I revisited the idea, and tried Primal Bond as my exclusive skill instead of Oleron’s Rage. This was the result: http://grimcalc.com/build/1006-kHDO7u

Even with a ‘hit and run’ approach, I highly doubt that this build would be able survive nemeses without at least dying once. Why not spec into more defensive devotions? I think that would improve your build.

i think primal bond is mandatory, i’m not sure why you have those 10 points spent in feral hunger. It procs on default attacks so it doesn’t work with savagery or bladearc

Savagery counts as a default attack does it not? :confused: It’s more of a buff than it is its own attack (like Blade Arc, which I agree doesn’t proc WPS).

i think savagery will overwrite your default weapon attacks.

Weapon pool skills, including feral hunger, work with savagery.

ah nice to know, my bad then.