The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

Your “Skull & Bones” build isn’t up to the task anymore? I’m trying to find a 1.2 pet necro build.

Depends…

I can no longer safely pilot it vs superbosses, but it is great for Crucible and pretty decent in SR 75-76 farming.

I’ve started a new level 1 Ultimate run following your Squishy build but my pets haven’t been able to hold the enemies aggro for very long, if at all. Groups of enemies tend to be drawn to them but a few always targets me. “Bosses” on the other hand never leave me alone, they might be drawn to them for a few seconds, but then they start chasing me. Is this a side-effect from playing on Ultimate? Am I doing something wrong or is this the way it’s intended?

That is going to end up rather terribly since none of my builds are intended for anything other than Normal > Elite > Ultimate progression.

Even starting in Veteran will go poorly.

PDF guide updated with my Blood Rose - Budget Dark One Pet build (with superboss kills :3) since it is best for farming SR with atm and follows same devotion route for leveling as well (so, no need to respec)

Also, the Non-pet build section in the OP has been updated for 1.2 with lazy builds :3

1 Like

Maya, tell me, please, which of your builds is currently the strongest, laziest and most suitable for the first character? xD

1 Like

Go for this - Blood Rose - Budget Dark One Pet build (with superboss kills :3)

and then transition into this once you have all the items for maximum laziness - The Fluffy Squishy - Pet Conjurer - SR 150 version :3

1 Like

From your current version of your Pet Guide:

“Mend Flesh is an Area wide Heal that targets only the player.”

“Mend Flesh requires the player to be in combat.”

Both sentences were accurate until the latest game update. The Familiar is targeting any wounded party member reliably now whether in combat or not.

1 Like

:eyes:

Yes, I kind of missed that it seems. Thanks for letting me know, will update the guide :+1:

Original post updated with new link :blush:

Update - most of my older builds have been removed from the OP due to being severely out of date by this point.

Sad times for fans of Skeleton centric builds. All links to any Cabalist builds have been removed from your list.

1 Like

Skulls & Bones - Pet Cabalist this still “works”, more or less…
It is just that the build uses 6 items with rather specific affix requirements and is still mediocre outside of Crucible.

I tend to go :put_litter_in_its_place: regarding builds that can’t reliably do superbosses. So, I am having a hard time justifying Skeletons Cabalist in the current patch when Conjurer and Ritualist (without Skeletons) seem to be so much better.

I have even changed the list from “my pet builds” to “my best builds”, because the best build I have atm is a Vitality Caster :sweat:

2 Likes

I’m used to the bar set by the conjurer.
Here I still need to clarify, I am a very bad pilot. I have difficulty pressing many buttons and avoiding dangerous situations.
And my main character completely covers the content, and even does it with his face.
I’m currently trying builds, including those that are praised, that are in the top, and it’s difficult to kill Lokarr with them, and shards deeper than 80 - you can only fantasize about them.
And those heroes who can fight the Ravager and Callagadra must show miracles of balancing.
And I always have this thought in my head: “Oh damn, guys, are you serious? You’re setting the bar very low."
I’m glad your builds are consistently strong.

I want a facetanking of Callagadra and shards 100+
Today I will continue to realize my fantasies.
In the Name of the Mogdrogen, and of the Ravager, and of the Holy Crate.

1 Like

Hi Maya,

Which one is the vitality caster??

Im still trying to finish up with the fluffy caster!

1 Like

This is the Vitality Caster - Nocturne – "Pet" Conjurer :blush:

(though tbh, calling it a caster is a bit weird since it mostly relies on player scaled “pets” like totems and such)

Well, you do have to cast though to get them working so …

1 Like

ah! let me take a look and see if i have the time to do up another conjurer!

Thanks Maya!

1 Like

Thanks, this is very helpful.
For my first character I wanted to aim towards the fluffy squishy but after getting Salazar’s Blade and Og’Napesh’s grimoire I’m looking for a build with a lot of pets. Did you ever make a build like that?

1 Like

Ty and welcome to the forums :blush:

Regarding builds with lots of pets, the issue is that I mostly tend to focus on fighting superbosses and they tend to tear through pets. Item granted pets like Og’Napesh for example tend to have long cooldowns, so you would end up with it dead for most of the fight.

You can still go for those if you prefer though. And there is also Skeleton based Cabalist which tend to have like 15+ pets (but skeletons are rather fragile)

2 Likes