The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

Not worth changing devotion setups for.

And the only one where you can get it without sacrificing anything is a Mogdrogen based build. And the only one I have that uses Mog devo is my Bleed Pet Conjurer which already uses Empty Throne.

Btw, changed the formatting of the guide a bit.

Mostly just added a “go to top” at the end of every section, but still you no longer have to drag the slider all the way back to get to the index page.

First off, thank you for the guides. Very helpful.

I took a break from the game and I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what to focus on next while I work towards the budget conjurer build.

Grimtools link: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2m6MRzV

The build is doing fine at the moment, I just cleared out the candle district on elite without much of a problem. I cleared FG on elite already. I’m just not sure what upgrades I should be focusing on and when/how I should shuffle my skills around. I know I have a non-mythical beastcallers helm but my stash is a mess and I forget what kind of gear I have laying around.

Sorry for the lack of info besides the grimtools link, I’m kinda lost and confused lol. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Edit: I play with a controller, don’t mind the skill bar, I only use it to cast stuff in town on occasion ;).

Welcome to the forum :blush:

I am thinking of something like this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXm7ng2
Don’t worry about losing the points from Hellhound as even at max rank, its dmg is subpar.
Do note that you will need more attribute points to equip some of the items.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply, appreciate it! I’ll try swapping points to primal spirit and shuffling some gear around, seems like it should increase my killing speed.

1 Like

Alright, the big update is here.

Added a new section “How to Make Your Own Build”

The number of pages went up from 52 to 75…

1 Like

So I can make someday build. Likely better than my try at Acid Conjurer, which was12 minutes buffed in previous Crucible. :sweat:

Anyway it’s good that you covered most of the pets possibilities, cause Sigatrev isn’t posting builds and someone needs to keep the honor of Fwuffy!

1 Like

And the one go for will be your primary mastery … - needs “you” between one and go

“General Guide to GrimDawn” - needs a space

The Crossroads

This is the central area where you need to invest atleast - needs a space

Ideally, as previously mentioned you want atleast - needs a space

Ideally you want to minimise the number of active skills in your build for your (drop the “r”)

See, pet builds are one of the most Skill point intensive builds out there (small s, not S) and some of the - not one of the

Now for the secondary mastery, let us say we are deliberating between Necromancer and Shaman (should be Necromancer and Occultist)

Shepherd’s Crook is ofcourse - need a space

Conclusion

… wisdom you gained from here proves useful, atleast in part - need a space

I am just providing you some refreshments for the way incase you get hungry - needs a space and I’d say “for the journey” instead of “for the way”

1 Like

Ayy

Ty, ty. Will fix the stuff :blush:

Btw, random Elemental Skeleton Pet Cabalist: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4VxmbmEZ

It doesn’t have a dedicated thread yet because I am bad at actually piloting skeleton builds and it probably will suck against superbosses.

Hey @Maya,

guess who I had to think of when I pulled this out of my mail box today :wink:

Maya%20Pillows

1 Like

lol… that is…

11xx11

Hey @Maya
i am with my first char, a conjurer, on lvl 100 with a mixture of “usefull” items grimtool (i lack some skill points atm as i have to do the last few quest from FG to gain them…)
i am now starting to farm SR on normal. reached SR 55 without any (big) problems.
after that i did some 55-56 runs to see what RNGjesus have for me.
in your guide you say “farm 65-66” for quantity of drops. even in this 55-56 i get 5-6 leg
so why pushing it up to 65-66 ?

First of all, welcome to the forum :blush:

Also, good question. Ideally 75-76 would be the best if you can do it. But even 50-51 will get the job done.

In this particular case, you will see that even if you run out of time on 65-66, you still get 5 legendaries: https://i.imgur.com/1cQAd0J.jpg
If you complete it in time, you get like 7 legendaries instead.

And that is pretty much the only difference. Extra items the deeper you go.

delved deeper (higher ?! :thinking:) to 60. didn’t count the legs i get. maybe 5 ?!

makes it clear for me why you say “do 65-66 instead of 75-76”
for 1-2 legs more per drop you investing xx minutes more of grinding. that is not that efective. :roll_eyes:

@Maya: dude, I was clicking on your PDF because I got curious and holy crap. It’s like a novella. How long did it take you to do this?

P.S: Love your writing. A+ job.

Yeah, it depends upon where SR stops being easy for you.

It was originally like half its current size, then I kept adding to it :stuck_out_tongue:
I have no idea how much time I spent on it though…

And ty, ty :blush:

Maya, you’re one of the good ones. Just how patient/teaching you are with less experienced players is why you’re one of my favourite crafters.

1 Like

Alright, just did a run of both 50-51, 55-56 & 60-61 just to see how it feels vs 65-66.

First, the loot;

50-51 - https://i.imgur.com/PnviYmV.jpg
55-56 - https://i.imgur.com/MXxeYKh.jpg
60-61 - https://i.imgur.com/EJLelVG.jpg

Do note that I am using Lokarr’s set in the screenshots and doing this as a solo necromancer, so it will be easier for you.

Now, 50-51 was obviously the easiest. But it also gives the least amount of legendaries per run. Personally, not a fan unless you are struggling too much on higher shards.

55-56 felt :ok_hand:, but there was a small problem. You don’t have much room to run around in the boss shards. If you are ok with it, then feel free.

60-61 gave the same amount of loot as 55-56 and uses bigger maps. Personally it felt easier than 55-56, but probably because I am used to the map’s layout? idk.

However, do note that what you get on Shard 60-61 upon completing it before the time runs out, is what you get on 65-66 IF time runs out.
So personally, I would still say 65-66 is the better option.

Previously, when I reached lvl 100, I did 65-66 SR on normal, thanks to @Maya for the guide. Now I do SR on normal 75-76, gets an average of 7 legendaries and average time of 9mins. And it is super safe. Tried 65-66 on elite, gets 12 legendaries at 14.5 mins. But whenever Grava is on the boss room, I don’t like it. Also when I get random encounters of monsters that burns mana. I just feel safe farming normal.

So, for me, choose the level that you play comfortable and you are efficient at according to the gear you have. Correct me if i’m wrong guys. Im just sharing my experience. Im the guy who like to facetank, and super lazy, thats why I hate grava so much. XD

1 Like