[The Crucible] Perceived shift in difficulty - especially Crowd Control against players

Crowd-control effects from monsters somehow got worse and I am not the only one noticing it. Also happens in SR. 80% freeze res or trap res used to be much more efficient before. Something changed. I know you are still supposed to get affected at 80% cc-res but it wasn’t like this:

First of all, you can see Grava chilling at spawn point (sometimes that has been “fixed” numerous times) then you can see that I get frozen couple of times despite 80% freeze res (even overcapped freeze res, if only that mattered). Same with trap effects and stuns.

Some good theorycrafting, but maybe you can test your 10$ Crucible mod yourself (have you ever played it? But that’s right, you don’t need to, you know everything). Because feedback from Crucible players who play it a lot is not viable because they only care about speed and their standards shifted and whatever logic acrobatics you can come up with just to ignore our feedback.

Of course, we can conviniently forget the fact that builders test the very same builds that worked without a problem just a patch ago or two patches ago and then they stop working. But it’s probably because we are trying to speedrun with the same builds harder each patch because?.. Class over?..

3 Likes

You don’t think freeze res reduces the chance that you’re frozen, do you? It reduces the duration of a freeze, but as long as the application of the debuff hits you, it will always freeze you. Same thing with traps/trap resist.

Also, yes, surprisingly Moosilauke is known to freeze players. I saw nothing out of the ordinary in that entire video, other than you spending much too long drawing attention to your resistance and then dying for it.

As to the spawn issue, yes, that’s always been a problem. Been complaining about Heralds (and other things, ofc) since Crucible (and I) entered testing.

You know it’s true. Let me remind you of the multiple Warborn Cadence threads you have made, calling the set bad cause it’s a >7 min build.

That wasn’t the case before. The strength of cc-effects has increased. Builders who have noticed it have no reason to lie here.

I feel like this thread got derailed hard but anyway. I have made those feedbacks because from my experience Physical Cadence was in a bad place. And as you saw, a lot of people have agreed with me and something was changed. And by saying “I called it bad because it’s a >7 min” you are basically ignoring all the feedback I gave on that topic and twisting it in a way that it supports false notion that we only care about speed. You are swapping cause and effect here. It’s bad and as one of the consequences it has sub-par performance in lategame. It doesn’t mean that all 7 minute builds are bad.

Also this, THIS is some kind of next level bullshitting. I’ve been making strong balanced builds as long as I can remember but somehow you know more about my endgame priorities than I do?

3 Likes

Can you beg harder for a permanent ban please?

Literally nothing has changed to CC effects.

1 Like

Moosilauke’s gimmick since day one is that he has the ability to freeze lock the player if you don’t kill his ice crystals. Here’s a hint on how to deal with that: kill his ice crystals. God forbid a Nemesis, specially vanilla, is dangerous.

1 Like

I really like how the topic is still about acid purge. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Vitality Purge*

Only if it’s converted tho. :nerd_face:

Oh well, we must be seeing things. I play the game a lot - I see some stuff worth mentioning in the feedback - I report it. Obviously nothing I can do if you just say “no, it isn’t so”. I mean, if you don’t believe me, maybe if other builders who play Crucible frequently nowadays can chime in: @Valinov @Plasmodermic @banana_peel @Nery, please, share your opinion on CC in Crucible.

2 Likes

Where? 'Cause I looked back more than two months into the post history in the Bug Reporting subforum while waiting for your (hilarious) post and saw nothing of the sort.

I wasn’t around at times when Crucible was superstrong and people combat it with DA stacking. I started playing endgame last September. In my experience, Crucible did became harder since then despite the the best runs became faster. In short, the reason is the only way to survive Crucible now (at least for melee) is to kill things faster.

First thing comes to mind to exemplify this: the majority of optimised builds based on the best Legendary sets were able to facetank 151-170 100% of the time.

The standrads of defense didn’t change since then: capped or nearly capped CC res, most res overcapped by at least 40%, minimum 2800 effective DA, high armor and decent phys res. But now only a small percentage of builds can facetank Crucible.

Another example is how often i hear from different players that their builds are not playble anymore. “I decided to dust of my X build from 1.1.4 but i died 3 times out of 3, lol”. It happens every patch - people have to remake most of their builds because they don’t pass the Crucible test anymore. Now, of course, it’s only a builder’s fault they made a glass-cannon designed to meet a certain minimal requirement to survive. But if the build is not viable after the new patch, what does that mean? Degradation of skill? Or maybe the Crucible did become harder (even if unintentionally)?

I also agree about CC effects got tougher at 1.1.6.0. I can’t understand what has changed, or what change could’ve possibly cause this shift in perception of the game, because clearly the developer stated nothing has. But this is important:

Now a character with capped CC res can be chain-CC’d in Crucible or SR which makes it possible for sutiations where every layer of defense is effectively invalid. The only two build types that can beat chain-CC are retal and builds based on passive leech/regen.

Time goes by, the game community accumulate numbers, so is endgame community. Ideas accumulate too. Together people find more optimal solutions. Do you deny this natural phenomenon happening in every field of expertise?

You are right, all those crazy times posted are absolute best possible with the build, and it’s often even a deceptive video of a glass-cannon that can’t farm nearly as fast as shown in the video.

So, if this is only the “posting meta”, why Amatok buff, Stormcaller beacons and monster res mutator debuffs got nerfed?

This condescending tone again :expressionless:

Any hint for a melee char?

6 Likes

Sorry I will go off-topic too.

In different post wrote that Crucible is now suitable for the extremes, you either go tank/vitality build and not be bothered by any CC/enemy damage or go full damage spec and try killing faster than enemy can hit you/CC you. I tried building balanced characters, that end up slower and still not with higher success rate than the glass cannon approach.

As what changed this patch. I mentioned before that this tendency is from few patches and now. @zantai is right that nothing was changed recent patches, except Storm banners have reduce efficiency, which leads to slower killing times of heroes, that have enough time now to use their special skills more. So beacons kinda softens the blow, sort of speak. With Vanguard Banner is basically the same now and before. Also less damage from buff, so if you don’t go all in on defense/offense some builds will suffer.

Also worth mentioning few glitches like stuck enemies at spawn points and bad interaction between your elemental based characters and not only, with healers. They have tendency to become literally invulnerable to damage. It’s well apparent at wave 161, when it’s russian roulette if you can kill healers before some of them stop taking damage at all.

5 Likes

Yeah, you kill his crystals. The crystals aren’t constantly freezing, they do it at specific intervals. I do find it hilarious that people are having an issue with a vanilla Nemesis when criticisms of vanilla Nemeses being weak gets constantly leveled at them.

I did that before 1.1.6
Now i can’t. The only way to fight him as melee in SR is when he is the only boss alive. And even then some chars have to kite him away from the new shard spawn.

In Crucible he is slow so leaving him for last is natural, he is rarely a trouble there.

Ever met him in high SR? Moosi is one of the dangerous ones past 90.

Good to know he’s a threat somewhere. SR 90 is already way after balancing stops to matter anyway.

When I mention SR 90, I am talking about using camera thing to pull 1 by 1. And adding to it the fact that I only play Retal or Pet builds, both of which tend to favour SR in general.

Now if we are talking about pulling the entire room, Moosi can be dangerous <75 too.

4 Likes

I’m the one who got him nerfed in MC by bringing attention to Zantai that each phase had the health of a regular Nemesis. I ain’t doing shit to make him get nerfed in SR.

I don’t think he needs to be nerfed. But there is nothing “hilarious” about people having issues with him unless they are complaining about Campaign.

2 Likes