The futality of trying to collect Krieg's Armament

I’ve been trying to get the five pieces of this since I hit level 76 with my Death Knight. I’ve just hit 88. I’ve been attacking the correct three Bosses Fleshweaver Kreig, Valaxteria & Terrnox. Just about the whole time in that level range, I’ve only succeeded in getting only the chestpiece four times. That’s just super frustrating as you canoot transmute any of those unwanted Chestpieces to a differing piece in the set.

4% drop chance
and while it’s not specifically stated, i’d almost guess that chance might be effectively lower the lower level they are
either way you’re looking at a lot of runs even under the best of scenarios (and that’s assuming you kept farming them on the right difficulty ofc)

That 4% I wouldn’t consider truthful.

i mean, it is?
outside the potential unknown factor of them being lower level possibly impacting it, the drop chance being 4% still doesn’t mean you will necessarily get it 1/25 runs.
You could be on the unlucky side of RNG/statistics and go 100+ runs to see a single piece, just like you could have been on the lucky side and see it drop in 5 runs, that’s just how drop averages work

Last time I farmed Krieg’s set was just before 1.2. It was 42 runs, which I completed in just under 3 hours.

I ran it on Elite, starting at 71 and finishing at 77. I did it with a standard Forcewave Deathknight, chaining Blitz and Charge (Blitz clone from Emblem of Focused Rage) so I didn’t have to kill (much) anything except the bosses.

This is what I would consider a lucky run, since I got the boots early, which cut down my run time by removing having to kill Terrnox. I would say 5 hours is about normal for this set.

1 Like