The Invoker - Fire/Lightning...and aether PRM sorc

Shout out to Most who made me fall in love with my sorceress and discover warp fire which later gave me the idea for fire/lightning prm. This build was born of me wanting to utilize things I haven’t used before which included prm as a main skill late game, the invoker set, and blind sage which are practically the only gear/devotions I haven’t tried.

Build isn’t great, but it ain’t bad either! Could definitely use some more OA and potentially a different medal. I would love if we could be pure fire/lightning and cut out aether damage, but it’s not possible. Besides that we have a nice health pool, good resist across the board, decent damage, and 30% phys resist. Black Star gives us much needed chaos/vit res, but the debuff is somewhat wasted as we have stronger ones overriding the reduced elemental so it’s just giving us 20 reduced aether. With a really resist focused rare medal we could max out all resists, squeeze in a scaled hide (or 2?), pick up some more health, and the loss of reduced aether resist could be compensated with an aether steel bolts on main hand if losing the dash is considered acceptable

Grim Calc without bonuses
Grim Calc with bonuses/devotions

Feel free to cut out some points from prm line and do whatever with them. Fire flash freeze is fun!

Pros:
Clear mobs in style with prm and procs
Has a dash, no dash = trash build
Okay boss kill speeds
Pretty tanky all around
If it can be applied all at once we have a ton of resist reduction

Cons:
Even with flashbang in the mix we could still really use a few hundred more OA
Mana pool is far from great. If you’re 1v1ing someone who doesn’t have spells to leech off it’s not a good time
Not top tier lol? Don’t expect crazy boss kill speeds
No 100-0% facetank here, kiting/waiting for CDs required
Reliant on gear. Damage/debuffs from procs contribute significantly to the builds power
Facetanking often needed to keep bosses on our mines/storms. Puts us in harm’s way but also greatly increases our damage
PRM itself isn’t very strong, but I do believe Zantai posted that prm and aether ray will be receiving buffs next patch

Gear isn’t very interesting. Only cool thing of note is we use warpfire to convert most of our cold damage to fire on prm, off, and elemental seeker. I haven’t toyed with the gear yet really outside of swapping some Ulzuin pieces out for Iskandra which I had forgotten about, probably some better options for bosses. Aldanar’s Vanity can give us on massive cdr on crit to get us a 2nd devastation right away and Panetti’s Wand resets all cooldowns when at 40% hp. This gets us another devastation, mirror, and resets behemoth cooldown which is perfect for bosses. Could drop Invoker’s Set and end up with a lot more OA, but the point of the build was to use it :stuck_out_tongue:

Helmet: Iskandra’s Hood with Santified Bone and 15% poison res augment
Chest: Iskandra’s Vestaments Chains of Oleron + 15% poison res
Shoulders: Iskandra’s Pauldrons Dense Fur + 10% aether res
Pantaloons: Empowered Legplates of Valor with Silk Swatch + 15% poison res
Stylish Shoes: Golemnborn Greaves with Mark of Modrogen + 15% poison res
Gloves: Wyrmbone Handguards with Unholy Inscription + 15% poison res
Belt: Phantom Thread Girdle with Antivenom Salve + 15% poison res
Relic: Ulzuin’s Pyroclasm
Amulet: Invoker’s Shard with Focusing Prism + Kymon’s Will
Medal: Black Star of Deceit with Arcane Spark
Ring #1: Invoker’s Burning Hand with Corpse Dust + 15% poison/bleed res
Ring #2: Invoker’s Shocking Touch Corpse Dust + 4% hp/15% vit res
Dagger: Warpfire with Riftstone for dash + 35% ele/200hp/22oa/1 ene regen augment from Legion
Offhand: Invoker’s Blade with Imbued Silver + above augment

Gameplay tips:

1. We’re quite tanky so aggro as many things as you can, toss out a set of mines next to you, and another set where the mob will clump up behind the initial wall of monsters. Then let er rip and dump the world on them. Even without devastation our mines, ele storms, seekers, multiple debuffs, and numerous procs will provide easy clear of mobs
  2. You really want bosses to be standing in the mine/storm debuff when you cast devastation! Provides a shitload of fire resist reduction

Pardon the potato quality/lag, just sold my graphics card and am using this god awful hd6670 until I get a new one and GD obs recording don’t look good for me w/o a high cpu preset which totally rapes my FX6300

Videos:
Benn’Jarr the Colossal Noob
Mossilake+rest of undercity
Loghorrean Cut it reallll close here lol
Bastion of Chaos

Looks interesting. PRM certainly was out of fashion for a few months. Using warpfire to exclude ice component from elemental so that it receives full benefit from fire/lightning gear common for demo builds is an interesting idea.

But personally I want to try a PRM Warlock, because of Vulnerability.

P.S. also a fan of Most’s CT-Agrivix sorc :slight_smile:
P.P.S. my friend used Blind Sage on his gunslinger sorc before it became popular :smiley:

I want to try warlock prm as well, my idea was to go full chaos/aether using blood orb to convert ele to chaos, pop in agrivix, then get tanky and fuck shit up. Converting ele to chaos may just end up gimping it though. Funny you mention gunslinger sorc the next build I wanna whip up is a tri element dual wield fire strike sorc using the Arcanum Sigilis pistols that seemingly no one has ever used :smiley: Hydra is 1 of the 2 other devotions I haven’t used and that suits the build quite nicely, probably use sage again as well

Elemental is the easiest damage type to boost as well as break enemy resistances, unlike chaos, Blood Orb eats health, Agrivix is a melee range, not many procs do aether/chaos, while many do fire/ice/lightning. No matter how I look at it it doesn’t seems like a good idea. :undecided:

It sure as shit ain’t a great idea no doubt about that, but I wanna give it a whirl just to see if it works half decently. Just looking to try out weirdo builds atm or try and use the unloved items and make decent builds with them. I forgot Blood Orb had hp/sec cost that kinda sucks though. I’m okay with agrivix being melee though I’m pretty much melee mode on this build and occultist giving us blood of dreegs heal, hp regen to build on, and sigil I think you could facetank whatever

PRM-Agrivix is also the way to go. There’s a build guide called “Lazy PRM Battlemage”. It is very similar to Most’s build. (Most’s original build was a battlemage.)

I know, but the idea of FACETANKING as the definitive example of ranged caster is repulsive to me. And if you don’t really facetank you don’t proc the +% all damage bonus, which is like the only reason to consider battlemage for PRM.

Did you try to kill Fabius?