The Kamikaze Doggo - Pyromancer build (WiP)

Hey everyone! Before i explain what is the idea behind this build, i’d like to give my thanks to everyone who helped me finish my Pet Ritualist (mainly @Gnomish_Inquisition, @Maya and @Ulvar1). I have finished the game on vanilla and i have cleared the Steps of Torment and Bastion of Chaos with 0 deaths. I wouldn’t have been able to pull this off without the advice from the people in the forums. The build was going to become very weak because there were several things i didn’t understand about pet builds and the game in general. I still need to beat the DLCs and i’m heading for Port Valbury next (ugh…) but the build is pretty much done. I don’t think i need to make any further adjustments as all stats and resistances for me and my pets are well balanced. Here is how it looks now:

Back on topic, this build is probably not a new idea. There are a few items that are pretty much begging the player to make a Pyromancer with Hellhound support (Chosen Visage and the Dracarris, mainly). However, i decided to not go for a Pet direction. Pet builds demand a lot of micromanagement due to the many buttons it requires. Buttons for active skills, for auras and for re-summoning the pets. It’s a lot to keep up with.

I decided to focus on the Pyro part instead while our doggo is going to be a support/tank/living bomb. That last part is what makes the name of the build. The death of the doggo causes an explosion that deals massive damage to anything within its range. Since we aren’t focusing a lot on keeping it around but mostly as a distraction and support we can focus our efforts on maximizing the DPS of our active skills. Here is a rough sketch of the idea: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQ4J1vZ

I have only included the core items, skills and devotions. I’m still relatively early in the game (bless the exp potions for speeding up the process) but i should be able to get it done in a few days. I don’t expect it to be a world beater. Well, it will probably be perfectly fine for campaign but i’m not sure about its viability for the high level content (CR and SR). I’d like to hear some opinions or suggestions.

4 Likes

I’d take points out of infernal breath and add them to vulnerability. If your doggo is going to blow up right away (and it probably will), it might not have much time to breathe fire. Vulnerability is also RR, so you can’t really pass it up.

I’ve also never skipped out on Aspect of the Guardian for phys resist. This is the trouble with pet hybrid builds, they’re insanely skill point starved

1 Like

If you wanna kamikaze dogs why not use the MI off-hand Fleshwarped Archiv for skill recharge along with Lost soul amulet Shard of Lost Souls

1 Like

I figured i wouldn’t need Vulnerability because i already have a lot of other sources of RR. I also thought about the buff from Blood of Dreeg but this is going to eat a lot of points. I’m going to try without those just to see how things go. It’s not really correct but i wanna experiment with different possibilities. This build in itself is pretty off-meta so i’m going full weird on this one! :grinning:

I was certainly considering the Fleshwarped Archive for the CDR on the doggo. It will depend on how much damage he will be able to cause after death in the later stages of the game. If it’s enough to kill the trash mobs and maybe finish some low health big guys then it might be worth it. I’ll evaluate the possibility once i get there. :slightly_smiling_face: