The MISSING builds compendium

AAR won’t work with shield. :slight_smile: However, indeed, this general idea allows quite different implementations. And I agree that we should wait for 1.1.9.2 to see how converted physical feels there.

1 Like

New Patch, new memes to try to fill up this chart. I know @DeputyChuck is still around, and it would be great if we can find a way to complete the remaining missing parts.

Physical Reaper by banana_peel
Bleeding Cabalist by banana_peel
Cold Sigils Sentinel by banana_peel

Then you can add one of my creations to the list:
Cold Righteous Fervor Oppressor - SR50 Capable

I also theorycrafted an Acid Fire Strike Pyromancer that should have little issue beating SR50 as well, just have to create it and test it. This is one of the most fun challenges in Grim Dawn and I want this new patch to give it a revival.

EDIT: Aether Sigils Pyromancer
Aether Sigils received a big buff this patch, and Demo has natural Aether RR, so this one should be fairly synergistic and enough to place it on the table. This is only a theorycraft, so needs to be tested before I can give an official thumbs-up for it.

3 Likes

Am I glad someone else still remembers this thread :slight_smile:

I was slowly theorycrafting a cold Archon in the meantime Archon, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.5) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

I have 2H Melee Cold Archon, S&B Cold Oppressor, DW Melee Acid Pyromancer all can do SR 75-76. But also a lot of builds to share and update :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Awesome!

Just link them here and I’ll get them on the checklist :slight_smile:

All added to chart, thanks! (and thanks @banana_peel too )

Vitality grenado elementalist works
From Discord : Vitality Elementalist vs Crate of Entertainment - YouTube

1 Like

2H Cold Archon Archon, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

DW Melee Acid Pyro Pyromancer, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

S&B Cold Oppressor Oppressor, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

1 Like

All added, thanks!

Cabalist, Conjurer, and vindicator all need just one build to complete. We also just need cold shieldbreaker and Warlord to have a second completed damage type

Bleed Sentinel: :white_check_mark:

20220623111748_1

I couldn’t believe a mastery with double RR skill in the least resisted damage type was still not done, but the synergy wasn’t quite there, at least the way I went about it.

But it was a good way to test out the new buffs to bleeding bloody pox.

Overall, the build is a bit of a mess, with significant portion of my damage output in pierce, but with very low % pierce damage. It still managed to take down Theodin Marcel with laughable ease, which is more of a testament to how powerful bleeding damage and Vire’s might are than to anything this exercise was.

Bloody pox, even when not as supported as it could be (I barely have any % vitality damage) was cleaning mobs by itself very effectively. Fevered rage is a great match for bleed builds as a support skill: the lowered DA makes you crit more often and for more damage, and the confusion mitigates the undesired effects. Going with Vire’s might as my main damage dealer made sure I was zipping around enough so that I was never swarmed anyway.

2 Likes

I guess you could do Gutsmasher bleed EoR Sentinel too, but this hot mess of bloody pox / vire’s might is cooler lol

1 Like

Cold Grenado Shieldbreaker

This wasn’t without deaths, and don’t bother fighting Fabius with it, but I was able to successfully complete SR, so I’ll gladly take the points. It’s far too squishy for my tastes, but a 100K Cold Grenado every 2 seconds is money, and the double mobility skill makes it great for avoiding unnecessary damage.

That means the last Cold mastery to solve is Warlord, and I already have a Grimtools planned for it. I’ll test it this weekend and I see no reason why it wouldn’t beat SR65 as well.

1 Like

Awesome, added!

I couldn’t wait until the weekend. More additions to the chart:

Cold Cadence Warlord

Cadence and Silverbolt are too strong of a combination together. Made for a very easy and deathless SR65-66 run, meaning that Cold damage is now complete across the table.

Elemental Cadence Blademaster

Tri-Elemental Cadence - I never felt so naked with only 48RR between both masteries. Thankfully, the mace has a neat on-death effect, and it was sturdy enough to get through even enemies like Fabius which is surprisingly resistant to Fire as well as Cold. This may not be a full Lightning build, but having Lightning checked on the table is a good enough redemption for the legend of FACTS guy.

Don’t ask me to do Vitality Blademaster. I have no idea where that sort of idea would even begin.

1 Like

:man_cartwheeling: :tada:

Awesome stuff :slight_smile:

I really need to find the origin of that inside joke :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Blademaster, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator maybe ?

One more surprising (in a good way) result:

Pierce Reaping Arc Ritualist

Of course, most of the damage you can’t see because Blood Pact and Soul Harvest contribute a ton of converted Vitality damage, but Reaping Arc does just enough to kill things to my liking. SR65 was deathless, SR66 had a few deaths, but was completed as well. -35% RR from Devouring Swarm and fully converted Tip the Scales help it function as a build.

My first drafts weren’t particularly good for this one, so I’m happy that I’m able to add it to the list.

EDIT: Acid Shieldbreaker was already done by @RektbyProtoss in this video: [HC] Grim Dawn Build Highlight - Acid Retaliation Bomberman Shieldbreaker - Grenado & Canister Bomb - YouTube

The video shows him beating Morgoneth, so it’s definitely viable for the list.

1 Like

Added both, great stuff!

So Pierce damage is the only damage type left that Cabalist hasn’t completed yet, so I took a stab at it for the sake of completing the table. Here’s what I came up with:

Pierce Acid Purge Cabalist

Final verdict: I failed at every juncture I tried. I tried SR, I tried doing regular totems, and I died each time. Good luck getting Cabalist to do 100K+DPS for Pierce damage, as I genuinely think this was the best shot in obtaining it. It’s just overall too weak, too squishy, and too vulnerable to even Hero mobs to stand a chance.

I think that outside of the Pierce supported classes (Nightblade, Inquisitor, possibly Soldier), you’re going to have a bad time completing this challenge for pierce damage. The general lower % values and lack of decent RR makes it very difficult to pull off.

1 Like

Yeah, I was looking at the chart too, and pierce and vitality are gonna be the hardest IMO. Pierce because RR is rare, and vitality because you need a lot of RR to make it work.

I was theorycrafting pierce Conjurer, but you apparently already did last year:

Shaman and Occultist have a few tools to make this work (Rancor, 2 conduits for Devouring swarm and bloody pox, Jarinthor’s head and cowl of the venomblade)

all remaining classes have ways to convert a good attack to pierce, but no way to access RR.

There’s always bladetwister signet, pestillence of dreeg with the right prefix, Ravager’s gaze and Necrosis relic…

Bleed Reaper : :white_check_mark:

20220624134837_1

Not much to say about this one, it was very easy to build and pilot, Demonslayer and scarab shield are a great combo, the build basically plays itself.
Mobbing can be done with just siphon soul and the pets, which is a good thing because PB costs a lot of energy, so I had to chug a lot of energy potions during my Korvaak fight.

Bleeding is quickly becoming my favorite damage type.