The MISSING builds compendium

Bleed Mage Hunter: :white_check_mark:

Mage Hunter: :white_check_mark:

Inquisitor: :white_check_mark:

:confetti_ball: :tada: :fireworks: :trumpet:

5 Likes

Speaking of completed masteries: If I’m not mistaken, we only need 2 Warlocks and 1 Pyromancer to complete Occultist too.

Aether (Primal Strike) Archon done as well. :sunglasses: :clinking_glasses:

Honestly surprised this wasn’t done already. :eyes:

75-76 was fairly smooth sailing unless you run into reaper, shattered korvaak or fabi with an absurd weapon spawn.
Single target feels a bit low at times but clear feels alot nicer than I expected it to be.

Also shout-out to @eardianm for giving some input! :+1:

4 Likes

Ah yes, Vortex Primal Strike. That makes sense indeed

Aether Archon: :white_check_mark:

Only 3 builds left (Sentinel, Warder, and Warlord) and Aether will be done

1 Like

And tried an Aether Warlord. To be thematic - a S&B build.

The build centers around the Bonemonger set, Edge of Sanity and Colossal Bulwark / Mark of the Voracious One. Bonemonger provides resist reduction and boosts Smite, Edge of Sanity boosts Markovian’s Advantage and Mark of the Voracious One boosts Shattering Smash. The sheet damage is low (65k), the boosted WPS somehow brings the build to an acceptable damage level (attacks with 100k+ are possible). Overguard has almost 24/7 uptime. The maximum possible resist reduction is 96 (15+20+35+26).

Korvaak is easy and a rather quick kill (the first and second phase ends shortly after he summons his meteors or minions)

Given the good performance against Korvaak, I had some hopes for SR. However, while often the build can shine there - and kills mobs fast - it sometimes falls apart. The first try saw some deaths on the way to the boss room - and Gargabol was unkillable - one strike = death (the other three bosses were relativ easy - including Iron Maidan).

The second run saw no death on the way to the boss room of level 65, but one death against Ravager of the Lost. SR 66 could be then completed without additional death (but heavy kiting vs. Grava).

Even, if I am not completely satsified with the performance - well, job done. But that low sheet damage still hurts …

3 Likes

Aether Warlord: :white_check_mark:

Great work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s a lightning db spammer sentinel for yall. :sunglasses: :clinking_glasses:

Wouldn’t recommend running 75-76 with it tho.
65-66 is smooth unless grava, shattered morgoneth/korvaak.

Another one off the list? :eyes:

In case ur curious how the DB split looks:

2 Likes

I had the following two concepts theorycrafted (but not tested) - Sentinel, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (ranged dw) and Sentinel, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (melee dw). As I made the concepts, I even thought - because of the daggers - for around 3 seconds that a doom bolt spammer could be an alternative - but did not expected that it is such a good alternative :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Honestly thought I would need to scrap the hole thing, rework devos and start anew.
Glad I didn’t have to.
Would’ve liked to have more life steal on the build too but oh well…

2 Likes

It worked, so it did the job - and it is a really unique build concept

2 Likes

Let’s see

Yup

Lightning Sentinel: :white_check_mark:

1 Like

And another Sentinel - not as creative as the lightning doom bolt spammer - it is only an Aether Sentinal S&B gunner

Build again uses the Bonemonger set (surprise), Rutnik’s Blaster and Watcher of Erulan. Bonemonger and Watcher greatly improve Smite. Two Albrecht’s Duality are used to converted all the flat chaos damage form the occultist mastery, belt and Bonemonger set take care of vitality damage. The sheet damage is above 100k.

Korvaak is easy - and also quickly done

SR was interesting, tried my typical 65/66 run. The normal shards were relatively easy (and deathless), the (small) boss room of 65 included Aleks. Tried him as first enemy - and his crystals and meteor were too much for the character - even had the case that after entering the arena after death lead to a new death - saw two crystals, two green balls coming from above - and could reply my buffs again. After killing the other three, with enough space to avoid the area of his crystals, Aleks was killable. SR 66 was relative easy - with no death, SR 67 (by accident) - no deaths in the shards, two deaths against Fabius. (the encounters with Fabius in SR 65 and then 66 were deathless)

Not so bad, but also not goodlike. However, at least 100k+ sheet damage …

Have a concept for an aether Warder (Warder, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator) and a pierce Sentinal (Sentinel, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator) each, but both are rather uncreative for a class ending or last of a damage type build, so something else should be done.

1 Like

And I thought that it is a shame that Battlemage is not completed - so I made a vitality Battlemage. The initial approach was dual wield (Battlemage, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator), but in the end, I decided against it and made a S&B Battlemage.

The build can be summarized with: who needs damage. The center of the builds is the Blood Knight set, the rest of the gear was selected to have maxed Deadly Momentum and as much as possibel RR via gear. In total up to 125 vitality RR is possible (25+20+15+15+15+15+10+10). The damage itself is rather low, sheet damage for Cadence with Deadly Momentum up is around 66k under Overguard. Markovian’s Defense is taken to reduce Overguard cooldown (and the 2-3 second with are feelable).

Korvaak is easy and can be facetanked more or less. (if no adcth is possible, obviously taking strong damage is not recommended)

Shattering Realm is obviously rather slow. SR 65/66 is possible, despite the two deaths I would even say rather easy. Just take care to avoid heavy hits (or use Mirror of Ereoctus) and be overwhelmed without exit route (the build itself can in most cases handle large groups of enemies, but not always). To stress test the build (it is build for defense instead of offense), run also a SR 80 run, could be completed without death but out of time (entered boss room with around 2 minutes left)

A bit more damage and Overguard uptime would be nice, but it is already a not too weak build. However, physical Battlemage can be much stronger while having an even stronger defense - so well. Interesting was to have up to 125 RR on a class without any mastery RR.

4 Likes

the chaos tickler
TSS/totem chaos druid Druid, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
SR 65, Cruci 170, Lokarr, Morgoneth

why did i do this image

6 Likes

so we dont have to! :rofl:
thanks! :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Catching up:

Aether Sentinel: :white_check_mark:
Sentinel only needs Pierce to be complete now

Vitality Battlemage: :white_check_mark:
Battlemage is now complete! :partying_face:

Chaos Druid: :white_check_mark:
Druid also only needs pierce to be complete as well

We have more than half the classes completed now :slight_smile:

In fact out of the 36 classes:
only 2 classes still need more than 3 builds (Sorcerer/ess 4 and Spellbinder 5)
4 need 3 more
5 need 2 more
5 need 1 more
The rest (20/26) are all completed

Awesome work folks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got one more to test and another in the making. :eyes:

Just dunno when I’ll get to put everything together. :hammer_and_wrench:

1 Like

This time it’s not that memely since the skill and both class have supporting item, Aether Warder - Upheaval Cadence

Korvaak devo triggers pretty regularly on Upheaval, so OA is not a problem and can use Menhir Bulwark for exclusive, more damage too with that one. Highest shard tried and completed is SR80, within the time limit is doable but must have pretty lucky mutation and no highly resistant mob or fumble fest like Grava. So, I would suggest to play at SR70 if someone ever wants to try this build.

The build is very lacking in the way of applying RR, so most of the time only revenant skelly is the source of RR. This makes Alek, Reaper, and Kaisan very dangerous to fight against since those nemeses require more positioning. Special notes on Grava, he’s almost impossible to defeat at SR70+ despite low aether resist, this is because with low attack speed you must constantly move between his fumble pool, so it can only get 1 cadence hit before needing to reposition. When he cast null ball, the windows of attack are even smaller. But despite the build weakness on moving fight, Kuba is not a problem even when face tanking in his pool.

I wonder though if Krieg set + Vortex aether primal strike will do better or have the same problem as this one.

5 Likes

Great job @arivus - I’m a huge Upheaval fan myself.

I wouldn’t use Cadence though personally since that means less Upheaval triggering. Instead I would change the Conduit to Aether Savagery and go that route instead. 20/10 Upheaval that’s superpowered by Veilkeeper set is excellent at deleting things! :smiling_imp:

Give this a try (not much to change): https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlLzjMV

2 Likes

That’s a good way to boost the attack speed, I think I’ll try it later. Using Savagery mods actually reduces the usefulness of that MI conversion, but since there is no longer Deadly Momentum, I think not much will be lost since Upheaval is consistent on this build.

I got to think to use Scion of the Screaming Veil just like Ritualist or Druid and using Oleron’s Rage, but I don’t think the drop in damage is worth it, so the MI is still has a place on the build.

2 Likes