The new campaign difficulty should be comparable to late SR and crucible

I don’t like SR and crucible very much. They’re fine, I guess, but I really don’t think this game needed two endgame modes that are essentially just arena battles against a timer with a bunch of extra power boosting mechanics. And because SR and crucible are the only endgame activities and so many builds are barely viable or don’t even work without specific legendaries, the entire game becomes a little stale.

Like, if I want to make any kind of soldier, far and away my best option prior to 94 is to do a bog standard forcewave build, and after 94 I’m just going to spend all my time in SR/CR because all the other content is trivially easy and not worth doing. That kind of sucks.

So I really, really hope the new Ascendant mode is comparable to late SR and CR in terms of both difficulty and rewards. I would very much like to actually play the game with my tricked out builds.

Hopefully this feedback is welcome and isn’t rehashing old discussions or anything. If so I apologize.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

This from Zantai on the GD discord back in September.

2 Likes

Understood, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.