The new dodge mechanic feels meh

I like the idea, but 1st it feels a bit redundant since we already had alot of movement skills with the sigil type augments things. Maybe there’s something extra on it like and invul frame or something? But it feels underwhelming for me, it’s not a ROLL just a really meh dash that doesnt really cover alot of ground.
Does it even make that much of a difference? Are you guys liking it? I barely got 2 SR done after 1.2 landed so i don’t have enough mileage with the new effects to really give an opinion with substance, just that it feels underwhelming to use for me.

Yes it has i-frames. Also if you’re on top of enemy, it’s hard to avoid offensively with other movement skills (like Teleport which for obvious reasons also has i-frames) due to target locking - basically impossible to get to the other side of big enemy like Calla quickly / safely. Avoiding to the side close to enemy is also easier with Evade.

Also not having to move your cursor to jump a fixed distance is also very useful and different. Increasing this distance could make it less useful offensively.

One other thing - if you have Evade already, you can use medal augment for Shadow Strike-like movement skill (which is great in general and even better in 1.2 SR where portals spawn under your feet) instead of some more suitable for dodging.

1 Like

kinda irrelevant but also missing its use potential
you now have a new attack you kinda “have” to avoid; if you only had rune you’d constantly have to save that for this and be unable to use it like before to dmg or relocate or get out of other sticky situations
Now you can avoid the new attack while retaining the previous move options on top
And in some cases it really seem like that’s necessary because not having movement to use in gangbangs, in case of saving it for sunder, can be really lethal for some chars

is this a troll/bait? why does it matter it’s not specifically a roll but a dash? seems like the weirdest criteria ever for acceptance :smile:

sounds like you haven’t tried actually not covering lots of ground then, like when it was only 3meter :smile:
the distance is solid, it’s like close to a sweetspot of not ridiculously “OP” movement length, while not being uselessly or detrimentally short, almost like it juuust fits most of the attacks its intended to avoid

yes

very

aside from early game being nice not having a movement in act 1, it greatly helps engagement in fights, “hard” fights or not
being a dash it also doesn’t lock you into only taking rush/leap type runes. And if you don’t mind pressing 2-3 buttons for movements you can now chain movements, which on its own feels fun and good to me, but also actually have decent use cases, one of my favourites being like D2 style Enigma pet control where you use it to trigger pet leash/catch up teleports.
But also really helps to just avoid boss attacks in general so you can dance around them better/more frequent/“not use your emergency rune for it”, while also being better in avoiding actual dmg or “haul ass out the frying pan” since iframes and quick move

1 Like

Why would it be a troll? COOL factor is important too my man xD
Like i said, it’s not BAD, it just didnt get me psyched at all :sweat_smile:

if anything rolls are less cool because way more realistic to execute or have any benefit/not actually be detrimental in a fight :grin: