The New 'Item tooltips now hide on components, augments and skills'

Is there any way to make this something you can toggle on/off in the options? My dodge is on ctrl and show tooltip apparently doesn’t work if this is the case. I also much prefer the previous tooltip where i don’t have to hold down an additional button to view everything that’s on an item. I’d much prefer all info available on mouse hover and just scrolling down

5 Likes

Totally agree. Pressing ctrl key all the time to check hidden info is…
way too worse gaming experience.
Please add the option to toggle on/off this feature or discard the change.

2 Likes

Awww maaan =/
I got my hopes up when reading the title and saw the linked quote that maybe are working on tooltips rn and was hoping for them adding colorized stats in the tooltips (like similiar to rainbow filter) mode, now to be a bit disappointed on this.

But in itself a cool feature though doesn’t make tooltips as bloated (though i agree for people want auto-filled-tooltip with the components and such, an toggleoption would be cool).

Bumping this cause can something please be done about this?

Why are not more people talking about this? I can’t join playtest, but new behaviour of Ctrl looks like a clear change for worse.
Tooltips are too long, so… let’s hide half of them? And if we press Ctrl we’ll see the old, long tooltips anyway? Who would benefit from this? Probably seasoned builders who know components and augments by names. Or players with UI scaling, whose tooltips are even longer. I happen to be neither.
Grim Dawn needs more transparency, not hiding details. Please make it optional if you really want to change this.

1 Like

yes?
i would imagine that’s part of it atleast, given how there have been several mentions over the years about "endless scroll"items (sets), or people complaining items were cut off so they couldn’t read the bottom(didn’t realize could scroll etc)

for sets atleast, to me, this makes total sense, since those end up humongous in tooltip window length

for already small tooltip windows with a granted skill i find it a bit off,

but on the other hand then might still overlap/conflict if just granted skill stats were still shown on some items with long scroll bonuses

i think currently the main issue, for me, since other wise i’m ok with the change, is we can’t see component slot highlights in stash, because item window pops over and previously CTRL hid that so there was an easy overview

1 Like

My issue with this change is that searching for chaos resist or aether resist don’t show Imbued Silver or Purified Salt on blacksmith crafting list.

1 Like

anything/stat/word that’s part of a granted skill probably doesn’t appear because it’s not present in collapsed form

This is my big problem with the new implementation.

My small problem is that it now takes two hands to screencap items (Ctrl + Prntscreen) after COUNTLESS YEARS of just poking a finger to the top of my keyboard to do the job. :crazy_face:

1 Like

This is fixed in the upcoming playtest build.

5 Likes

We’re looking into how to address this.

3 Likes

Please consider making the entire thing an option in the settings or perhaps the loot filter.

All it does atm is cause annoyance, having to hold down Ctrl to get full information, while still having to scroll through in some cases when dealing with set items and such.
So, instead of having any actual benefit, atleast for me it means “have fun holding down Ctrl if you are looking through item tooltips”.

This has been the first, biggest issue for me with several new characters sub-level 50.

The tooltips will not obscure the stash in the next build.

1 Like