The pump on the CPUs AIO emits an ungodly loud pump whine ONLY while focused on Grim Dawn game window

Yeah I don’t know where else to go for help. I’ve run games so much more intense with the highest graphic levels and never experienced this. This only happens with Grim Dawn, no other game or program. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

The weirdest part is that the whine only happens when focused on the game windows itself, AND the game is set to either Windowed or Borderless Windowed. Fullscreen seems to make the pump on the AIO go silent, both focused and not.

I’ve checked and it isn’t sound exiting out of an errant device or something. And I’ve even lowered all the graphic settings and sound on the game. Lowering the graphic settings makes the whine sound change (pitches up or down). It’s so weird.

did you check your fps?
fullscreen probably means you have vsync on to limit fps, while windowed ignores that, letting your frames run uncapped and put maximum load your cpu/making it hot and have pump work overtime ?

But even on windowed, the pump stops making noise when the window is unfocused. I click on a different window (browser, steam, etc.) and the noise stops. It’s it’s not like a ramping of whine due to increased load. It’s an immediate start or stop of the whine regardless of temps.

:man_shrugging:
only thing i can think of that would influence the AiO pump at all is CPU load
when you switch window GD should have a default 0 background fps, ie load stops

The average temp it gets to with GD is only like 95F. That hardly seem like enough to matter.

wouldn’t appear that way atleast
but maybe something is still triggering it to max out the pump? (assuming there is pwm and you don’t already have it running at 100% by default)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.