The Rawr God - Pet Cabalist

I need to delete all my GD stuff and just play with birbs

1 Like

Oh I See. :smiley:

Hey Maya,
Big fan of your guides. I’ve tried to search but still cant find a good explanation - why spectral binding 12 points if no spectral wrath. My understanding of the mechanics might be wrong, but it seems like all I use it for is 1k-1.5k health (im sitting at 14k health without this)? Since this build doesnt really attack right? So the extra damage and offensive ability isnt quite used? Can you help me understand? Just seems like 10 or so points could be spent elsewhere. Maybe the health is hugely important at higher crucible and SR levels? I’m 100, just now starting the end game, but have almost all of the gear now.

1 Like

Welcome to the community and the forum :blush:
Also, sorry for the late reply, was away :sweat:

As for the Spectral Binding, it was mostly for the Health & OA, which is needed to proc the Pets from our Gloves since it is “on Crit”.

While our OA still might seem low at about 2400, we also get -300 DA shred on enemies thanks to Rotting Fumes (blightfiend), so it is effectively 2700 OA, which is not bad for a pet build.

Hmm… so this Cabalist build is basically tank-bombs?

Pretty much :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hmm… kind of a pita having to summon one single Blight Fiend at a time every 3.1 seconds. Unstable Anomaly would be so much better if it’d summon all 3(4 with the Ghol set) at once. Constantly having to re-summon every 4 seconds is gonna get on my nerves. Guess I’ll try and see how the build does with just 2 permanent Blight Fiends.

1 Like

Hi Maya, are there any alternatives for the main hand and offhand?

Hi Maya;

following your build I have made some gear modifications to boost Wraiths level and damage:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1vbBDZ

So with a maximum number of 3 wraiths, Ive picked up that weapon for the 300% vit damage to CotG, it doubles wraith touch damage. With this setup I think this weapon provides more damage to the wraiths than the Invoker to fiends, but im not sure, so Im asking your oppinion.

Also, I am waiting for the final tuning with components and augments, any advice on this matter will be appreciated.

And just one question, whats the purpose of using Seal of Might on weapòn and offhand? Fiends and Wraiths never get killed before its time span ends, plus I keep summoning them right after cooldown. Why do they need resistances at all?

Im not an expert player at all, could be some of the questions asked or toughts on the build are just a bad idea, thanks for understanding.

And thanks for your feedback.

Pretty much anything and everything you want :stuck_out_tongue:

Both Weapon and Off-hand Slots are extremely flexible for the build.

If you can get one, I would recommend a Double Rare Pet affixed Scorpius Pummeler for weapon. Offhand is entirely upto your choice. I just went with M.Reaper because it helps survive random one-shots in deeper SR.

The +300% Vit dmg and +10% Crit to Call of the Grave does not apply to pets, only to the player with CotG is active. Otherwise it would be a pretty OP weapon :stuck_out_tongue:

Components and augments, you can simply copy/paste what I am using.

Seal of Might is more for the player. If you don’t need them, you can go with something like Vitriolic gallstone for even more Pet poison dmg. Alternatively you can go for Purified Salt / Imbued Silver if you lack Aether/chaos resistances.

Feel free to let me know if you have further questions :yum:

Thanks Maya. What about alternatives for the helm? I don’t have the blueprint yet.

No real Alternative exists since the Helm is a Core item :frowning:

Hey Maya, Great job as always. If i may ask you my character is 100 lvl ,like yours , with same gear etc, but I am missing 4 skill points. and some attributes (55 devotion points thats good i guess ).I uploaded my character data to grim dawn tool and no skill points are missed by quests , it also seems that i dont miss the 3 skill points from SR. Any clue what is happening?
Thanks for the nice post!

No idea, submit it as a bug report :stuck_out_tongue:

Grim Dawn Version 1.1.8.1 Hotfix 1

Due to the recent Hotfix and this one change in particular: Mythical Circlet of the Great Serpent: removed Cooldown Reduction modifier for Summon Blight Fiend and increased its Acid damage modifier to 45

I can no longer vouch for the effectiveness of this build. Use at your own risk.

I’m playing this build. Is working fine for me. Seems like a great build for crucible with the disposable pets.
I did some sr today as well from shard 55 to 65.

1 Like

If I may request, could you check it in 75-76 and with and without the Unstable Anomaly Transmuter for Blightfiends?

With more results, I could try to fine tune the build for the current patch.

I can do that. I’ll report back if i make it to 75.

Edit: 65-70 done. Went quite well. Had some time problems with bossroom of 69. The master of fumble, benn jahr, alexander and the immortal guy i think. The fumble boss is very annoying for minion masters expecially when the trap boss and alexander aggro out of nowhere so i had to fight all three.

Edit 2: I made it to 73 but gave up in the bossroom. I got overrun by multiple bosses that all aggro simultaneously. Also it felt like dps started to slow down too much after about 70. Perhaps earlier. It wasn’t too enjoyable.
I ran out of time at shard 71 when alexander was giving me big problems. He just takes forever to kill and i don’t understand his mechanics.

I forgot to remove the transmuter to test things without it. I respeced into the other build with two ravens and ghosts (It feels like much stronger altogether)
It’s a bit stupid that you can only have two blightfiends up at a time. They need to up the time they stay alive so you can have atleast three if your gear allows for it.

1 Like

Semi update on the build.
Not tested, so can’t speak for effectiveness :frowning:

thx for link to grimtools… its working very well

1 Like