The single developer that did the Xbox port deserves a salary increase

There is a lot of a criticism here, so I thought I would post my own, positive feedback.

I was a longtime TQ player and was really excited for the TQ console port, which turned out to be a broken mess in some regards.
To this day, there are still people harrassing THQ Nordic for releasing a game with broken achievements/trophies, asking them to fix the game. Their reputation took a huge hit and their sales dropped heavily.

I am not surprised, the achievement/trophies hunting community is huge and all these people were locked out of their 100% completion.

I heard about Grim Dawn a while ago, but since I am not much of a pc gamer anymore, I never got to play it, but when they announced the Xbox port, I was really excited.

I bought Grim Dawn on Xbox, on release. When I saw there are 100 achievements, I was worried. However, I’m pleasantly surprised to see, that all achievements are unlocking fine and patches are released, this really shows Crate Entertainment’s dedication. Now please, do not release broken/untested DLC achievements.

I’ve had a lot of fun since then. I ​am one of the players that is not affected by the crashing problems. I’ve had 5 or 6 crashes in 180 hours (playing conjurer, blademaster, mage hunter and purifier), which is fine.

The latest patch made the experience even better, unlocking the framerate and adding an option to remove depth of field.

Yes, there are still some bugs, but for someone that has never played the game before, this port is amazing. Thank you for bringing Grim Dawn to xbox.

8 Likes