The State of Early Access - Update #02

A post was split to a new topic: What I suggest

Amazing stuff to come!! Do you ever consider to let us (the users) to set the prices ourselves in the trading post for the merchandise we sell?

I donā€™t mind that planting the ornamental trees costs gold and worker labor, but it is annoying that I have to keep replanting them over and over. For the sake of balance, maybe split the Work Camp into two buildings - a Foresterā€™s Camp and a Quarry. The Quarry would target harvesting stone from an area (but I think there would need to be more concentrated areas of stone deposits to make this really worthwhile on many maps.

The Foresterā€™s Camp could require gold upkeep per worker to reflect the investment in conserving the logging area. Also increase the area worked per worker, and have the workers re-forest the area as they work so that an area continues to grow sustainably. If you want to clear-cut an area without regard for re-growing it just to gather the wood, you can always just harvest it, and what grows back grows back. For instance, maybe if you have a single forester working, they can manage an area in a 4-map-square radius. Add a worker, and they can maintain a 6-square radius. Add a third, and itā€™s an 8-square radius, and so on, up to 6 workers. (Or however the math makes sense).

1 Like

I find that works better than the work camp, in part because a work camp requires a wagon master to supply it.

Works till some point, later they just dont re-grow fast enough to keep up with your usage and you have to do the tedious planting of approx 100 bloody oaks per year.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Devs are already looking at mining/forestry side of things.

3 Likes

Graveyards can be considered as Holy Grounds. I think itā€™s normal not to be able to move them. On the other hand, being able to extend or reduce them (if there are still free places) seems to me a good compromise.

Hope this is made available. I suffer every time I check if my buildings are in order and producing correctly.

Oh damn I seriously need to start from a new after this update :smiley: Not because its required but because it sounds appealing after all this :sweat_smile:

Is there any information regarding the update?
It became really stale, I need something new :ā€™)

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, great there is a new update coming!

I hope my one annoying issue I gets solved, since I canā€™t get into the game properly yet. Every time I save but one game, itā€™s impossible to reload it. Only removing the saves manually in the /saves dir in My Docs solves it, but that means restarting every time. A shame because what Iā€™ve seen in the couple of hours was fun.

Best,

P

Hello there,

i am wondering when the patch comes?
Its nice that you provide a letter of what you plan to add in future. But more importend are faster patches and more communication.
If you have a new feature, please patch it directly.
This waiting without a clearly date sucks.

I have nothing read regading sattelite towns? Nothing about better logistics. If u not add a service that peovide the opputunity to move wares from a to b - something like routes in anno - you missed to adress the worst part of this wonderful game.

Thanks for reading

Regards

1 Like

Crate have already stated in the opening post that they expect the patch to go into testing this month with full release some time in Novmeber. Theyā€™re not going to give you a hard and fast date, i.e. 12th November for example, for full release because they may not be able to make that date depending on how testing goes.

Suggestions for other towns, better logistics, etc, have been made. Whether Crate decide to include those we have to wait and see.

This game does not need satellite towns. Manor Lords is that kind of game which was demo in Steam Next fest but this games purpose is to set up a village and have sites for gathering stuff to be imported to the main village not to set up multiple villages all over map. Or thatā€™s at least how I see it.

Manor Lords seemed promising in its demo and as does this in this EA access but they canā€™t strive to other things which make them unique in their way.

EDit: Also you are demanding way too much for setting up an exact date to when of release. A month to which the release will happen is more than enough. Donā€™t make unnecessary pressure for the Devs just because you want things to perfectly, stuff does not work it needs to be fixed so patches get delayed if they would set up a exact date. Nothing is certain so demanding the Devs to put exact dates is just simply selfish.

1 Like

I use the pacifist mode (it says so in Japanese) checkbox, I play with colony type city design.
Not eligible? (You donā€™t think so, do you?)

And, as a request to the developer, can we please have ā€œboars, wolves, and bearsā€ when the pacifist mode checkbox is turned on? We donā€™t want human enemies, but we do want to respect the wonders of nature.

4 Likes

Agree, I asked this too.

nice update but fps still low when over 200 ppl ā€¦

Pastures canā€™t cancel grazing, and this problem bothers me a lot. I like to keep the cows protected and raised in the pasture in the early stage, it is too dangerous to let them out to graze in the early stage

Iā€™ve never had my cattle attacked or stolen by raiders or animals. I have had them wander away and have to be herded back.