The State of Early Access - Update #02

What’s wrong with the harvesting tool? Just like you press H and drag to select resources to harvest, if you hold down SHIFT when doing it the reverse will happen, any selected to harvest resources will be un-selected and it respects the filters as well (e.g. you selected everything from an area to harvest, but don’t want to waste time on stones, you just leave stones ticked and untick everything else, then while holding down SHIFT drag the same area and it will un-select all the rocks)

2 Likes

wow, you all have been hard at it! :clap: :100:

The game is becoming less realistic with grocers rework. Is there an “Instacart” during those times? @Mitr right now in your community with a grocery store do all houses can afford to have delivery of their necessities?

If this is the case on markets and since you want deliveries of necessities then there should be charges fir delivery. In another game i previously played markets are just being stockpiled villagers just take their stuffs.

Um…we’re buffing Vanquisher difficulty.

Fixing bugs isn’t done to make the game easier. That’s a really weird aspect of “difficulty” to get hung up on. Grocers delivering to homes isn’t suddenly going to trivialize the challenge because you’ve done fine without them doing their actual job.

In most town builders, resources are abstracted, so their equivalents of a market don’t actually do anything for villagers to fulfill their needs.

Shelter stocking is a significant task for villagers in Frontier, so we had a mechanic in place to mitigate its impact. It being bugged doesn’t make the game better or particularly harder.

14 Likes

What is MOAR? :slight_smile: Does mean we will be able to see the direction arrow when it is on a road an it is yellow. Thank you for improving the game.

Excellent step forward, hard to argue against any of these changes and improvements :slight_smile:

1 Like

villagers produces gold from air, universal tool, universal heavy tool and universal arrows are ok for you? just need to change grocers?

1 Like

between hunter cabins and barns… I normally had so many hides and tallow taking up space… it would probably be a good thing for me

You mean my mass grave inside my town didn’t make the cut? :slight_smile: lol can’t wait for the update guys!

1 Like

Im happy that new updates are coming so fast but will there be like “real” new content besides decorations (new buildings, ressources, enemies, mechanics, etc.)? would also be happy about a managable storage and possibilies for mining unlimited ressources (can be very hard to produce glass with only one sand ressource and buying sand is annoying).

what nice news, but a small suggestion that I wanted to share which is to give us the option to define the number of settlers that one wants in their game, currently it reaches 1000 settlers but there are no more immigrations and if there are births there are also almost the same number of people dead due to old age

Population is capped atm at 1k to help with performance. As the game is optimised more the devs expect to remove the cap nearer to full release of the game.

3 Likes

The main thing is that they made a real hard mode of the game, and not the caricature that is now.

Real hardcore on real hard mode - our hearts demand it!

Loving the game and the updates keep making it better. One thing I would love to see is a way to find certain buildings faster. It can get tedious looking for the cobbler when you have 100+ buildings. Anything like that on the horizon?

5 Likes

Thanks for the milk update! As I often have to relocate barns to keep them from becoming abandoned, switching on milking every time anew and remembering which of the 10 ones I relocated half a year ago, really drove me insane.

One other thing which would make my life also way easier would be if I could plant trees the same way as I can lay out roads. Thus, I could plant the forests I need for my charcoal much faster as I have run out of coal on my map. This and having a way to divert more manpower to the building of fields to speed up construction which can be painstakingly slow and usually takes much longer than 5 years although I should be able to build them in a year with my army of workers.

Also graveyards are getting out of hand after 200 years with a population of close to 1000.

Regarding fighting, I noticed, that before one of my fortresses would be destroyed I better close all soldier assignments of this place as my soldiers would instantly become workers when it gets destroyed and stop fighting. This way I am not losing my valuable weapons and armor and only the workers get butchered but I am convinced they would rather keep those weapons to defend themselves.

Needless to say I adore the game after playing for almost 300h and you are doing an amazing job!

3 Likes

I am very grateful for the developers’ hard work.

I would like to suggest one QOL addition. Please consider adding a way for the player to set cows to graze only when clover is planted in a certain field. Essentially, we could set two locations for grazing for each barn, conditional on the presence of clover.

Otherwise the player who wants cows to graze clover has to carefully watch the fields so that other crops are not eaten by cows. It could get tiresome to do this every game year when there are many fields and barns.

Thanks again. I am looking forward to the development of this game.

1 Like

希望添加联机的体验让玩家之间可以交易,或者入侵防御。可以使用类似“我的世界”游戏主联机机制

Issues for the sands and bottle - Would you consider to make the bottle used for pickle and jam recycleable? for most of the maps the sands resource is limited or far away, it can not support the bottle cosumption long enough. you can set a attrition rate and recycle cost (e.g. water) there

6 Likes

I can’t agree the tree issue more, my town needs wood eagerly

2 Likes

I think a forester would be a better option so you can make a sustainable wood industry, maybe make it a tier 3/4 building/upgrade? You don’t need one in the beginning.

4 Likes