The State of Early Access - Update #03

This Game is great… I only need 3 things to make it epic.

1. Make an auto repair button for the buildings so builders can repair them. It’s boring as hell when you have a big town to always check and repair manually… it takes so much time.
  2. You know the button that centers on the town hall? Make an expanded one with the same principle, but let us designate some buildings with a flag so that we can have multiple centers… I like to jump between zones where i make independent cities that i usually connect much later. Like i make a little independent town where the mines are or on the water shore… with towers on the road like little checkpoints… And it would be greatly appreciated if we cand easily jump from one side to another.
  3. I dont know what you guys have against clickable maps but it would be nice to have one like in age of empires… If its too hard because of the rendering of big cities…then number 2 on my suggestion list is a must.

The repair button is a way to prioritize a building if you need something repaired ASAP. If you are relying on it for typical repairs, then you probably do not have enough builders for your town size.

Building maintenance requires no input if there are sufficient resources and builders available.

You already can with these keybinds:

We don’t have anything against clickable maps. :thinking:

There are higher priority features the player base has been asking for.

6 Likes

I am so looking forward to the full release of this Sim. It looks gorgeous, with many many hours of enjoyable play to offer. My question: Will the full release have any of the following: chickens, sheep, pigs, soap making, candle making and clothing manufacturing available?

Well, it’s half-way there: the game has soap, clothing and candle-making already - and candles are considered a Luxury Item fr Tier 2 Housing.
And plenty of posters in these Forums have asked about chickens, sheep, and pigs, (and horses) being added to the game, so we can assume that they have at least taken notes, because they monitor here pretty closely and continuously.

3 Likes

First of all great game, i’ve been playing for about 72 hours, it’s really been hard, especially with the difficulty level on max, but I must say I realy miss 2 constructions : churches & bridges , most of all its been a great expirience so far, as for game play some nice adds would be : a way to protect citzens when under attack (like a way to make then enter their homes or just take cover for themselves), a way to atomatically coordinate attack & deployment of troops, or a stroger ground unit (knight), a faster way of transport for some citzens (horse/carriage), a way to have our own merchant, that sells your products to other villages/towns (upgrande maybe ?!?).
Anyway guys hope this serve of any help, great game, awaitng news !!! congrats !!!

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Agreed, I’m the kind of nut that would also appreciate a harvest time mechanic where basically everyone in the town has to participate in the harvest or you lose half the crop. Or everyone needs to do the sheep shearing and processing of the wool, then they can go back to their jobs. And half of your shit then goes to the church who owns the land.
But I’m playing it more for the enjoyment of being a need about mundane medieval life than as a straight city builder with complete optimization.

The “Where is the church?” answer doesn’t mention it, but in addition to leaving Religion ‘vague’ (as in, Absent except for decorative ‘shrines’) they also left out any form of in-game Heirarchy: no local shire reeves, nobles, knights, merchant princes, etc. On the one hand, that leaves out building Castles or majestic Rezidences in or near the towns, on the other hand it leaves out serfdom, pressed labor and oppressive taxation.

I suppose it’s a fair trade from a gaming perspective. Even as a historian, I can appreciate not having to deal with the uglier aspects of Medievalish life too directly

1 Like

Yeah if you want to play in the hierarchy go to ck3 I suppose.

1 Like

Your specs didn’t list your GPU and the SSD doesn’t mean a lot in this game after startup. The GPU might be your issue. I have an older I7-9700F (Running Turbo at 4Ghz, 8 core, LGA1157) with 48GB RAM and a 12GB RTX 3050. With a little tweaking (lower shadow detail, supersampling matching res, etc.) running at 1920x1080 I get 30+FPS on a large map with 1000 villagers while looking at the center of town. There’s an occasional hiccup freeze, but it’s totally fine for a sandbox RTS.

Perhaps having a building finder tool could be useful. In a cluttered city, finding a specific resource building that requires attention, such as a mine out of ore or a work area that is no longer sustainable can be difficult. But with a building find option you could see how many types of buildings you have and locate them.

3 Likes

Hi there, any update on potential timeline for next upgrade?

As said in the opening post.

Are there any plans to incorporate cloud saves feature ? Sorry, couldn’t find a response on that question anywhere else beside reddit rumors and predictions. Since Steam Deck for some people it may be a sell breaker.
Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, Zantai said in a Steam thread that cloud saving will be coming in a future patch.

Amazing ! Thanks a lot. Wish you best luck in developing the game. Can’t wait for final release

1 Like

Thank you, was just checking to see if there was any further news

2 Likes

Not so sure about a church, but more varieties of entertainment venues would help a great deal. Perhaps the two things can be combined with a generic temple like structure with a range of objects to decorate it to individual tastes. Could include existing belief icons plus ones from nature, eg totems, animals, birds etc.

1 Like

I’m also checking the forums almost daily, for news about the next patch.

Would be also cool to have a silversmith or a goldsmith in the game!