The State of Early Access - Update #04

Looks great! Cant wait to try it out.
Just thoughts on a couple things.

First, Please consider a way to order goods from the trader. Maybe add additional cost to the order since its a ‘special’ delivery. Having to wait a generation for the right thing to show up from traders is a Royal pain…

Second, I really like the route for religion you’re going with here. Is there going to be different models for the three different relics? Like the deer antlers have a more rustic, wooden style temple. The broken sword could be more of a brick style, then the gold could be a lot of marble and stained glass. Just a thought.

Thanks for this game, I am really enjoying it!

2 Likes

I just started playing this game 3 days ago (already 14 hours gameplay). This is the game that I have been looking for, for quite awhile: I cannot wait for more updates.

My only issue is the performance and framedrop. I have a 5600x cpu 16 gb ddr4 RAM and rtx 3060, but still experience bad performance when my town is +150 pop.

1 Like

This has been a near-continuous problem since the start of Early Access. I believe he said that they have one programmer working on nothing but Optimization and improving performance, and they’ve been doing Optimization passes in the updates. I suspect it is one of the (many) reasons they are now looking at a end or after end of year date for Full Release of the game.

Right now, the game runs fine - 30+ frame rates throughout - on my 3070ti 32 Gb RAM, i9-12900 rig even up to 1000 population, but I shudder to think what will happen at higher population figures and more Tiers of construction.

2 Likes

I love you guys, this is the best early access game i have ever take part of. The quality of contents and the frequency of updates is fantastic. Keep up the good work!!!

2 Likes

GJ, thank you! Just want a more hardest game mod, or expand current hard modes in other environment. Alpine is too easy.

And what about sausage shop?? Here is the big question, what people do with meat.

TY.

1 Like

That is everyone. They are working on it every patch but just know its not you.

I can feel you with your concern about realism when it comes to a relic increasing the harvest. I just can give you an advice what i will do. Just not use the harvest bonus (maybe just selling), on the other side a bonus for my soldiers is much more comprehensible (just think of the middle ages, crusades etc.).
I can give you another example, hopefully you know Diablo 2. The game had at the start no mana potions to buy at the vendor, so i play without them purchasing + i play without using runewords for increasing difficulty even more but makes it also very unique because more ways are opening up.

What i wanna say is that people underestimate the power of making their own journey by using their imagination and own storytelling.

2 Likes

the new update is awesome, tysm! but… now everything needs gold gold gold and the income from gold is still as it was since the beginning so you should increase the gold income from houses or make another source of gold in the early/mid game stages as its so hard even in the easiest mood at the beginning to get enough gold! please consider this

1 Like

Is there going to be Tier 5 buildings?

Loving this game thus far, but once you get to Tier 4, it seems to become just grinding. Would love to see a more constant climb to keep unlocking more and more new perks for your town’s growth

3 Likes

Yes, they will be coming at some point.

1 Like

Crop Summary: view all of your Crop Fields in one convenient list to better plan your crop rotations.

Will it be possible to link 3/6/9 farms into 1 rotation cycle, so you can setup one cycle for all of them?

1 Like

Or better yet, feature cycle chains of more than 3 years and allow them to rotate through all of (or a group of) your farms. For example, instead of managing 3 rotations at each farm, you manage a single longer list of rotations (variable length and with a scroll bar) and designate which line is current at each farm. Then the following year, the farms all move to the next line in the master list. So farm A might start with line 1 and farm B, C, D all on line 2. The following year, farm A runs line 2 and farms B, C, D move to rotation line 3. If you have 4 or more rotations, they just keep moving down the line.

This has been done in another game I tested called Airport CEO and is difficult to test and maintain. But it is a nice idea.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Trading Post and relics

Is there any plot planned in the future?
After exiting early access or later. Some kind of settlement development goal or a specific task.

1 Like

Very cool ideas you brought up with this update.

Hopefully chickens will drop not only meat but eggs too, and goats will drop not only meat but milk too. And hopefully milk can be combined with honey and flour to make confectionery, a very long lasting sweet (traditional sweets since the arabic invasion of the Mediterranean back in the 1st millennium).

Would have been cool to see sheeps too, would mean having another production chain involving wool.

Also I hope to see more orchard variety too, like plums, cherries, walnuts, chestnuts. The latter 2 would also help to have a reliable source of nuts.

Another interesting production chain would be jewelry. Also some more exotic objects only obtainable via trading post would be nice, especially if we’re going to get a tier 5 housing.

Waiting also to see tier 2 rat-catchers and basket shops, so that they can mix nicely with brick-made buildings.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t place mine

I feel like goats should only be milk. I don’t see what a lesser cow brings to the table in terms of balance.

I’m really looking forward to playing 0.9 on Steam Deck. Keep up the good work!

i think chickens wont drop meat! they will drop only eggs and goats if like cows theyw ill drop meat and meanwhile milk too

and the orchard variety sounds so great and more like the items that already exist like mushrooms and herbs

you should post this in the suggestions sections not here to make sure they are seen from the devs