The Wardrobe Project

Sorry for bumping this, bit I would really like to see this finished. :slight_smile:

Your fears can be laid to rest now, Crixus.

I believe this is what you are looking for :smiley:

To Ceno - this thread is awesome and I really hope that you continue with it. Can I make a request that you actually specify individual item names that each image is comprised of so that Good Looking Mod users can easily find them and put them together.

Of course, we could simply cycle through each item in the mod’s list. Just makes it easier, ya know :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks so much for doing this! I personally love looking through all the possible outfits to decide which one would best suit the type of character I am playing!

Good stuff, bud!

Syn

Yeah, I’ve been meaning to continue this. There’s a nagging in the back of my head that I should continue to pump out these pictures. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s just SO MUCH work, though. Like, it doesn’t feel as though it SHOULD take as much time as it does…but it does. I’d say every image has taken about 20 minutes of preparation followed by 1 or 2 minutes of editing/uploading/linking here, which isn’t bad for one or two now and again, but in bulk it really eats up my time, which, as of late, has been eaten up by Cornucopia/Zenith/something-related-to-my-new-forum-title/real-life.

If people wanted to contribute to the project I’d gladly accept submissions. Here’s the process I used for creating the images:

• Do research on the item level of the gear in question and use approximate-item level common gear to fill in the blanks of the slots that the sets don’t include. For instance, the Murderer ‘set’ needed hand armor, leg armor, and boot-armor that could have reasonably be acquired by around the time one is using the ilevel 70 set. For an endgame set (like most legendaries) this is pretty straightforward, but for lower-level sets (levels 1-68) this was more difficult.
  • Not only should the item-level of the various pieces of gear go hand-in-hand, but the approximate armor/weapon types should, too. The Kymon’s Chosen gear is a good example of that; it paired Light/Caster Faction Armor with Light/Caster Common Armor, and the converse with Heavy Armor.
  • Use GDTH to zoom in for a close-up shot of the character (vanilla camera zoom doesn’t allow for it)
  • Take a screenshot, crop out anything unrelated to the character, upload to imgur, link in a post here.

In related news, I can’t actually continue this until 1.0.0.5 releases and GDTH gets updated, for various reasons…

Wow, I didn’t even realise there was so much work involved in capturing each set. Now that I think about it, all of that makes very good sense…

Can I ask what GDTH is? I have been looking for a way to have the camera zoom in further than the vanilla one allows. That being said, I am hesitant to install any other mods than the simply Good Looking Mod that I use along with GD Stash as I do not want any incompatibilities, etc.

Oh, and one final request I forgot to put in my previous post. Could you have your models standing idle rather than an action shot like hoisting ranged weapons in firing position or swinging of melee weapons. This just allows for the viewer to be able to see the model and each armour piece unimpeded or blocked from view.

P.S. - Your new forum title of Praetorian? What does that imply? I always thought Praetorian was the replacement for Game-Tester which was removed back in 2014.

Thanks for your consideration and, as always, continued hard work!

Syn

http://grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38266

I would NOT recommend its camera adjustments for regular play. It’s very finicky. Plus I wouldn’t advocate for using a trainer in the first place. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure. I’ve been feeling the same way. :stuck_out_tongue:

You’ve thought correctly.

Ahh, yes I will definitely not be complicating my life with finicky tools.

Ha! Great minds, eh?!

In that case, congratulations, sir. I would say, that is very well deserved considering your abundant feedback, game knowledge and selfless nature.

I tip my hat, sir.

Syn

Still waiting for that Wrath of Alkamos set showcase.

Kappa