The weakening of Conduit of Night Whispers is unnecessary

Conduit of Night Whispers: reduced% Resist Reduction modifiers for Veil of Shadows to -10%:

Perhaps you are considering “Fire Strike: increased% Weapon damage scaling with rank to 133% by rank 12, 148% by max ultimate rank”, therefore weakening the Conduit of Night Whispers for balance.

However, in fact, Saboteur with fire attributes does not use Conduit of Night Whispers at all, and in any way, Vilgazor’s Heart is far better than Conduit of Night Whispers. It may be considered to use Conduit of Night Whispers for the Fire attribute of Dervish, but this has never been a dominant profession and has not received any enhancements from recent updates, making it unreasonable to weaken it.

For Aether and Chaos, there is also no reason to weaken them. Nightblade does not have the reduced resistance of Aether and Chaos. Saboteur with Aether and Chaos attributes has always been relatively unpopular, and they should be strengthened instead of weakening Conduit of Night Whispers.

On the other hand, the popular and strong Saboteur with ice attributes, which can complete the Shattered Realm 75-76 in less than 3 minutes, has once again received a huge strengthening. “Nightstacker Pendant: added 100% of Physical alt as Cold modifier for Fire Strike,” which is truly unfair.

the chaos saboteur is very strong, maybe that’s why that little nerf

1 Like

Chaos Sabouter is one of our current top20 build, it’s very powerful.

5 Likes

also worth to keep in mind it’s not just aether sabo that exist, but aether reaper and spellbreaker etc…
granted most of them aren’t top tier or are pretty fantasy, but strong aether NB builds exists too

1 Like

The chaos saboteur is my favorite, with the changes so far is it time to make changes to the top 20 build?

1 Like

Okay, i need to check this because i want to do a Saboteur character.

Can i have a GT link to it, please?

Indeed, Chaos Saboteur is a powerful BD. However, Voidspire has also been weakened as a result.
Once the Conduit of Whispers becomes too weak, people will be more willing to choose Mysthical Peerless Eye of Bernath. Perhaps a slight reduction in the reduce resistance of chaos of Ember’s Calling would be a better choice.

I have played several types of ice Reaper and Ice Spellbreak, which have good strength, but Aether Reaper and Aether Spellbreak seem to be relatively unpopular. I will try them out.

this will just hurt other chaos NB builds not using the conduit but still needing ember for chaos RR/chaos dmg
lowering conduit is the least build variety penalizing option since it wont affect other conduit/neck blocking build slots

1 Like

I use this one

the version of the top 20 is this

3 Likes

Yes, you are right. Changing Ember’s Calling may damage more BDs. I didn’t consider it well before.
Perhaps for Conduit of Night Whispers, maintaining fire and ether as they are and weakening Chaos to a certain extent would be a better choice.

I prefer your version over than the top20 one due some tweaks here and there like 20% damage reflect although I dunno if it’s really worth investing in static strike that much.

it’s 10% passive rr and then +1 to skills, and massive hp and max res and res, it’s still a really big amulet, I would say luxury to have in this slot as a melee.

EDIT: @savage1991 @FlamingX21 here is the latest top20 version Saboteur, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.5) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Much chonkier.

2 Likes

now it is better to accumulate a lot of DA?

off-topic but it’s more available and since phys res is less available it’s the new best thing

2 Likes