Things you think you are the only one doing

Another thing I seem to always end up doing: when starting a new character with some vague idea of what I want it to become, I then defeat the reanimator, get the first shrine, open the devotion window… and spend next 10-20 minutes thinking where to put the first devotion point :slight_smile:
I just have to create a full devotion map first - at least as an estimate suboptimal sketch of principal devotions I want to take and some idea of possible building brick devotions to get there, then decide the order at which I want to take them with this character - and only then I can finally confidently put the first point into crossroads :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice legendary (or MI) drops so I am busy checking it out; not paying attention to the nasty pool of whatever DOT I am standing in. Happens more than I care to admit :scream:

2 Likes

i always, and i mean always, take the left path round when i go to see Larria in her den :blush:

Well, that makes sense as you naturally appear on the left path when going from the closest riftgate - Ugdenbog.
I only ever run the opposite direction in front of her house when I run away from Kuba that happened to spawn on the right and I don’t feel like fighting him in that small area.

Also, I tend to sing “La-la-Larria!” when going past her house :slight_smile: (As in Larian studio logo intro)

i mean inside her den, not the route from rift to her den

1 Like

I cannot happily play a toon, if I do not have two or three ‘NEXT’ toons planned out in my drawer…

1 Like

Anyone else run in a small circle around a chest while waiting for iron/components dropping from the chests? It feels faster somehow.:joy:

2 Likes

Probably not the only one but having seen a couple streamers not doing it so thought I chime in in this thread. I always stop after having picked up 8/10 pcs of items, and sort out my inventory, moving things from where they first end up as you picking them up and then moving them to the extra backpack space, so it is all nice and tidy (and for maximum looting ability ! :crazy_face: ) And always do it before I hit a totem or a boss, so I can easily see what they dropped.

1 Like

Whenever I create a new char I use GDdefiler and modify exp from 0 to 24000000. (do not need to modify the actual char lvl) and also give myself the 55 devotion points.
Then when you are in the game the first thing you kill will get you to lvl 94. This way you get to wear end-game gear and still have 6 lvls left for the joy of levelling.
Then you can use a merit and go play ultimate right away.
When the build is not enabled by a specific lvl 94 item then I might consider lowering the exp to the corresponding lvl 84 or 75 value.
I wish GD had a “self accomplished hero” option like Titan Quest where your char starts at lvl 50 (because legendaries start dropping at this lvl) , 55 devo points and ultimate unlocked.

• I plan everything before starting a character so that later I have as few decisions to make as possible.
    For example devo path and which items / augments / components at what levels.

• I have dialog / ambient / music all turned off and even some separate sounds modded out.

• I like PV and Aether ground.

4 Likes

I keep my components organised in stash as presented in the picture below. They are grouped by the type of item they can go into. Makes it easier for me to choose between them or find a specific one.

9 Likes

I have something similar, but you have way more components then me ! I take it some of those are crafted and don’t drop from mobs ? :thinking:

recently realized, i have to go back after component drops, even searing embers :confounded:
if i kill some mobs in passing and i’m near the screens edge and see/hear that component drop at a glance, i must turn around and walk back to pick it up…

7 Likes

Another thing I realized that I’m always doing but not sure if I am the only one though, or ? Each time I come to a place which has a seller or two, I have to check their inventory if they have anything of interest, even if you know to 99,5% it just going to be garbage they having.

The other day though, I had just recently, like an hour or so beforehand, looked through my stuff for some extra Poison & Acid Resistance since I wanted to switch out my belt which had a fair chunk of it, but the few items that I could switch did not have enough Resistance to keep it at 80%. So I come to Devils Crossing and did my usual as checking the sellers and to my surprise I found this.

So, yoink ! Fitted perfectly and so does my new belt ! :rofl: :crazy_face:

So, out of curiosity, is there anyone else constantly checking the sellers when you passing through a place that has them ? :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

For me, it only when playing TQ or when the vendor is selling MI

2 Likes
  1. I always choose Bysmiel faction on Ultimate difficulty when all reputation with three False Gods (should be the name of third expansion :rofl:) is maxed. They do not have annoying quests and asking Bysmiel if she is a spider is funny :smile:.
  2. Also I always spare Kymon deserters during the questline. Do not see the reason to kill them (as well as captured Aetherial in Fleshworks).
2 Likes
  1. Always looking for new gameplay challenges to try out to spice up the game & actually doing them, or inventing ones.
  2. Did whole walkthroughs of both Softcore & Hardcore on x2.0 game speed.
  3. Killed Crate on x3.0 game speed.
  4. Did always side with Barrowholm so far. Never rival’ed them yet.
  5. Playing without in-game music, listening to my playlist at all time when I’m playing.
  6. I like drinking potions & crafting them a lot, even on softcore.
  7. Speedlevelling also with bonus% exp belt & pants, so a total of 169% exp bonus. lol
  8. Never played pet-bonus scaled pets.
  9. Never played a bleeding damage dedicated build.
  10. Never ignored a devotion shrine(even when level 100 and 55/55) lol
  11. Always spoke truth about Elsa being alive & that she doesn’t want to be followed by Mornay.
  12. Never let the guy burn his family in house.

Dunno what else pretty much. lol

Wow. that’s interesting, i should try.

Yes, true. If you turn the camera, I think, clockwise by 90°, the “sun” will be in the north, reflecting from all water surfaces. Looks marvellous.

1 Like

I always run Crucible from wave 1.
The reason is I need all the tributes I can get to survive. Also that I like a long, intense run.

1 Like