This game has 0 balance. OMG is it unbalanced!

Was actually PB WH

4 Likes

Yup, why make the game difficult for yourselves, when you got faithful servants that will do the job for you! :wink:

2 Likes

Btw some people asked for it, so this is my brand new level 73 2H ranged build in 2019 that will require a lot of DA later on:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwLl1lN

I don’t want to get spoiled but if there are some mistakes - especially about DA optimization - please tell me. I’m quite satisfied by this glass cannon build (it used to die a bit too much when I started ultimate at level 50 but now it does fine) but I can still die easily against big burst of damage.

1 Like

I suggest you drop thunderous strike for now as your DA is low.

I recommend savagery. Especially because primal strike cannot proc WPS like feral hunger, as listed in the tool tip description on the transmutor.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZD4mPQZ

My suggestion using faction bought gear + items you have on you

EDIT: I would prioritize the following skills:

1. Inqui seal
  2. Word of renewal (leave this @ an odd number as those are the break points for which you get reduced damage from eldritch enemies)
  3. Inqui WPS - 6/10, 8/10, and 7/10 respectively
  4. Arcane empowerment
  5. Storm touched
  6. Heart of the wild

I don’t have much reputation from faction, this is a brand new character on my self-found 2017 items. I am in Homestead. Will have to farm a lot more to get reputation to revered status.

Honestly you lower my dps/ hp by a big margin while gaining only 300 DA, you are sure about this?

Do you have faction mandates? With the exception of FG factions, you should be revered with the lot of them by the time you roll around ultimate

You need to remember that you had 0 RR on your character before. -34% from censure is big, and along with that RR comes 18% damage reduction to enemies.

I would personally even go so far as to drop points in savagery to max out raging tempest. (Forgot to mention that Raging tempest should be the next thing you hard cap)

No faction mandate either, I rushed to Ultimate as soon as I killed the Logo’ because I hate the other two difficulties. So no. I have 0 cash as well right now, shall I save everything for faction mandate after I swapped some abilities?

Depends on how badly you’re struggling. How’s elite treating you?

I may be stubborn but I dont plan on ever returning to Elite with this char. Ultimate and struggle or no fun :stuck_out_tongue:

Problem is I want to play a Primal Strike ranged build with this char, but yeah it doesn’t stack, didn’t even pay attention.

So I am better off maxing Savagery for now? Ok, will change it.

1 Like

If you’re dead set on PS, use savagery as a buff. (i.e. take savagery transmutor for phys res + hardcapped tenacity of the boar for OA/DA + some points into storm touched for attack speed).

You’ll need to use savagery every now and then to maintain that buff, kinda like lethal assault and ABB.

I edited my build, took some advices from you, and tried to make the best with what I got.

The build has two circuit breaker now, a bit less dps but much better survivability.

I will farm the Ugdenbog Sparkthrower in a dozen level that is why I wanted you to take Primal Strike into account

Thanks!

No problem. Ghoul is your best friend. Feel free to ask for more help! :slight_smile:

Wow… what a interesting thread with a lot of points to consider. I am a completely casual, softcore player with exactly one level 100 character and one at 99.

The only thing I will say is that I pray Crate NEVER EVER implements competitive ladders or anything even close to the kind of things arpg’s like PoE have done. In my opinion it would ruin a great game with loads of diversity.

I think the beauty of this game is that everyone from casual “chillin with a beer” players to the hardcore “push everything to the limits” player can have fun trying out different builds and set ups.

Peace

11 Likes

The good news is that you never need to make that prayer for Grim Dawn. It’s not going to happen.

As for what they might or might not do in the future with a GD2 tho… I can’t make any promises there since I have no idea how they might lean in future entries. GD1 tho is in safe territory and completely removed from that form of danger.

I honestly hope they continue focusing on single player in GD 2, with multiplayer on the side for people wanting to play in co-op. Of course a more stable multiplayer, but no ladders, seasons or any other multiplayer competitive stuff.

1 Like

I don’t mind if they do that stuff… if they go the old “battle net” type of route with it, and keep single-player separate… and offline for god’s sake.

/throws dirty looks at D3 and Sim City “Online” and spits on the ground

4 Likes

More importantly is moddable multiplayer!

Closed ladders are fine and all but if I can’t play peer-to-peer with some friends in a modded realm, that’s no bueno.

1 Like

because they are being trained to become aetherial half trolls? or maybe because crate forgot to make unarmed half troll models.

anyway it seems you are on a good track to master your 2h ranged vindicator. i remember once seeing a builder making a 2h ranged vindicator capable of facetanking some superboss in older gd version. inquisitor seal is a very powerful tank spell.

don’t neglect your rr if you want to defeat elite and ultimate contents!

Hell yeah, @MikeHeydon! Preach it brother! I second every word, #TeamWeird!