This game has 0 balance. OMG is it unbalanced!

It’s still 15% elemental and aether RR (even though the latter doesn’t matter for the set). The point that it has it and i think Spellscourge could benefit a lot from a similar one but for physical.

Fair enough. I dunno what spellscourge needs, but I think @ceno has made some excellent suggestions above

It would just improve mediocre Spellscourge Warlord rather than promote Battlemage imo.

Something ridiculous like “50-60 reduced physical resistance to IEE” could make me try Spellscourge Battlemage.

In all seriousness, the reason is very simple and has nothing to do with OPness. We have discussed this many times with a large group of HC players on discord. It boils down to the fact that Crate has no intention of balancing the game for HC. Meaning, providing us with means to make farming builds, - reliable, durable and performing in mid SR or crucible. That is minimizing the risk of death. Not 80-85% survivability rates. 99%+ like in other games - D2,D3, POE, etc.

And given the fact that there’s nothing we can do about SR damage spikes or HC focused builds that boast survivability and half decent damage, we have to cling to these 4-5 op specs and use them as our farmers. Dead simple. If Crate expressed any interest in balancing the HC / SR / Crucible, Aikimox would post his builds. He has shared them with every HC player who had asked for it.

You mean Templar? Warlord sounds terrible with Spellscourge.

But really, does it matter along it improves Battlemage? Supposed Warlords and Templars getting better from this don’t matter much if Battlemage ends getting better as well with the set. Unless it makes the former two combos broken but i highly doubt it.

Which is why I’ve mentioned that I’m entirely fine with it. I can understand why HC players would want OP builds.

But…:

1. You cannot make the claim that such a playstyle supports/encourages/promotes build diversity (quite the opposite, really).

2. You need to accept that GD isn’t going to be balanced around HC. It’s kinda like marriage I guess? Like if I marry a woman I’m not attracted to, I can’t demand that she becomes prettier.

EDIT: If all HC players openly said, we want OP builds because we need them in HC, I would have no problem with that. I wouldn’t agree with their stance, but I can empathize with it.

What bothers me is using manipulation and deceit to get what you want (for the record, I’m not accusing aikimox - or anyone for that matter - of doing this, I’m just saying that that’s what it seems like to me).

It’s really impossible to make a game that makes both SC and HC happy. The people that play SC for the much higher challenge where they can be killed but they will improve from their defeats.

But then balancing with HC as well makes this pretty much disappear because if they balance out the game by pretty much removing the damage spikes and greatly increase survivability, then the risk of death is much lower and thus you really don’t learn from defeat because you don’t die in the first place. Then the game becomes boring for SC players.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Nevertheless, it is a moot point as crate has explicitly said that GD will NOT be balanced around HC.

So IMO there’s no real worth in discussing this.

BA Warlord with spellscourge is just about as mediocre as you might imagine. Hadn’t though of templar, devastation + shield throw? I’ll try someday :joy:

edit: skill point shortage isn’t even funny on a set that asks 50/50 masteries.

A Spellscourge Templar with Targo’s Hammer and chest for Judgment/Devastation combo does sound cool on paper.

We have asked multiple times both here and on discord that we want farming specs. We want SR balance and balance in general. But we can’t force other players to come here and register just to add their vote. Many of our members verbally support us but won’t show up here. So, it’s often 1 voice at a time easily silenced by forum members. But even if all gather here, Zantai has stated multiple times that according to his vision HC is where it should be. Same with SRs. So, we go by what we have. Many people rage quit in the past few months mostly due to this very reason, plus constant rebalancing which killed many reliable toons. I lost a few in places I’d never even consider dangerous before. I mean, I’m all up for good balance and changes, but not when it’s affecting you by erasing hundreds of hours of your time. Hope you get my points.

I do get your point mate. And trust me, I feel for you. Not once have I ever mocked a HC player, or disparaged their decision for going HC.

I can’t imagine the frustration I’d feel if that happened to me.

Likewise, I hope you can also understand my perspective.

1. The frustration that HC players feel, as valid as it may be, is entirely self inflicted. You can’t blame crate. You can’t blame Zantai. You can only pin it on your decision for playing HC. And I say this because Z has never once made the promise, “oh! Crate will balance the game for HC players too!” before going back on his word.

2. I have no issues with people ranting about how neglected balance in HC is, because it IS neglected. Again, my issue is using something like “build diversity” to veil your true intentions. I just don’t like dishonesty.

EDIT: @Contragor For the record, I’ve been rather vocal about my disagreement with crate’s constant rebalancing, because it isn’t fair to a lot of players.

1 Like

@Jawa - your gentle candor is something I’ve always admired about you.

it might be, but then I do not care for that kind of stuff at all… as an ARPG I found D3 awful

Proof of what ? That they hang around the forums ? Well, duh, of course they do… That they start flame wars ? None of them come close to proving that

I doubt it’s dishonesty. Rather emotions. Aikimox has helped a lot of players and never asked for anything in return. He would boost you from 1-100 if your toon dies and you need to reroll, even if he had to skip his sleep. Being emotional, yes, caused him a lot of grief both here and on discord. He gets carried away easily. True dat. If it wasn’t for him, I’d probably rage quit a while ago. But here I am, rolling classless, having fun, talking to great builders like you.

1 Like

Final warning, get this thread back on track or it’s done.

Acknowledged. Thank you. Apologies if I derailed the thread.

1 Like

Apologies if what I said came across as a personal attack - it wasn’t.

In no uncertain terms am I accusing anyone of anything. I just pointing out what I perceive to be an inconsistency. And that makes me uncomfortable, because I dislike dishonesty.

I am certain aikimox is a valuable community member, and I’m not trying to take that away from him.

All I’m saying is you can’t have OP builds (which I totally understand is needed in HC) and have build diversity.

That’s all, mate.

1 Like

i think these quotes are important arguments that somewhat answers this thread’s question of balance. i’m pretty sure i missed several good quotes, but these quotes are relevant enough to answer op’s questions.

this might be a good idea, but only if the builders of the forum agrees simultaneously to pitch in their builds and feedbacks.

also, can’t left this quote out.

2 Likes