This game has 0 balance. OMG is it unbalanced!

Don’t know how that’s proof that we flock to every thread criticizing the game, but okay.

The funny thing is that if people actually knew how we are during testing this misconception that we must defend the game at all costs would evaporate in a second.

Alright, that’s enough of that…this thread was obnoxious from the beginning, but even that has gone seriously off-topic. Let’s cut the personal attacks, please.

2 Likes

Well, if you read carefully, you aren’t being overtly accused of anything other than being overtly present and jumping on every hot topic as if there’s literally nothing else to do. In fact, just a few posts ago, I stated that I have great respect for the work you do. But we don’t live in a black and white world, and I don’t agree with some of your opinions. Which is fine in my opinion.

You know what would be most fucking helpful? If everyone would enter these discussions with one simple question on the forefront of their mind, “What if I’m wrong?”

4 Likes

The keyword here is EVERYONE, regardless of how long you’ve been playing the game or how much contribution is added to it.

I agree, mate. I do it all the time. I can’t count the number of times I’ve openly acknowledge my ignorance.

EDIT: But here’s the thing. You can’t control what others do, only what you do. So here’s my question to you, @aikimox, are you keeping an openmind?

And this isn’t meant to be a confrontational question, nor is it meant to be a rhetorical one. It’s a sincere question.

3 Likes

There is literally nothing else to do!

Alright everyone, back to talking about how the game has no balance…

So when can we start CC’ing shit?

8 Likes

So, a question for Everyone - Is the Battlemage in a good spot right now? By design? No complaints?

No, needs more pets.

8 Likes

We are talking about build diversity here, not a perfectly balanced game. It is possible to achieve the former, without attaining the latter.

EDIT: @aikimox - Don’t get me wrong. I’m all for battlemage buffs. But I’m also against OP, broken ass specs like the ones you so dearly love. Which, by the way, is perfectly fine by me.

I just find it odd that you believe build diversity can be maintained while simultaneously holding onto OP specs.

The 2 diametrically oppose one another.

1 Like

So, no viable BM builds = no effect on build diversity = all is good?:slight_smile:

No, it’s garbage. We already had a thread for that, though: Soldier + Arcanist

From that thread, on the topic of Spellscourge…

3 Likes

I’m sure that BMs being bad has been brought up 1000 times over the past 2 years but it’s not like mentioning it magically makes them good.

Delete Battlemage and save us the trouble of having it to make it good. Can’t make something good if it doesn’t exist.

I would love a response to this

EDIT: @aikimox - As it currently stands, the only logical conclusion I can come to is that you are using “build diversity” as a facade to push for buffs to the battlemage because of some “super duper, secret af, OP build” you have planned for it.

This is ENTIRELY based on an assumption, and I could be completely wrong.

But color me skeptical of your intentions.

2 Likes

:+1: Let me say it like this: I think that’s where you’re right :wink:

13000 Hours, its a little bit crazy …

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere long ago that a lot of that was leaving the game open, and doing things like posting on forums, for example. Still, powbam does have a lot of time in the game, regardless.

1 Like

Continuing the Battlemage thing, I’m becoming more against RR being just slapped on everything just as an easy solution to fix things, but i don’t know why Spellscourge hasn’t got a physical RR proc or skill as the final set bonus just to see how it would improve the set.

That PRM Arcanist set (i forget its name) and Blightlord each got one, so don’t know why Spellscourge can’t get one.

Do you mean invoker’s? And didn’t it get nerfed something fierce?