Thoughts on my Warder Build?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKLvKj2, I still struggle a bit surviving. What would you change?

• You have non-existent resistance on vitality, aether, and acid. Aetherial, chtonian, and eldritch mob will surely 1 shotted you. meanwhile your elemental resistance is overly capped.
  • OA/DA is also incredibly low, try to reach at least 2800 on both.
  • most if not all of your item didnt use component and augment
  • not taking resist reduction from devotion(widow) and skill(wind devil-raging tempest) for lightning build.
  • your ring and belt need to be changed, if you dont have replacement you should seek faction vendor
  • low armor absorption, get that to 100% armor absorption
1 Like

You can also read

1 Like

I haven’t done components and augments yet because I am unsure what to use.

Well, I’d review what was listed above and choose augments and components based on that. For instance, augments/components that provide resistance to vitality, aether and acid damage is a start. Some augments may provide a combination of these resistances, killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

There are several components that provide armor absorption. I think Sacred Plating, or Titan Plating, and Living Armor are some of the higher tier ones. I might have gotten the names wrong.

Patch up these holes in your defenses and you’ll feel a lot more complete.

Honestly sometimes you may find you have to use gear that doesn’t appear to be very appealing and only really provides resistances. You will learn that even though these gear pieces are sometimes not as flashy or exciting as other options, they are many times safer and will actually allow you to enjoy the game even more.

Dont worry about that, just use what you have and see if it fulfill what you need.

Here is your build, made some tweak to devo and skill, swapping some item with faction item, and putting cheap/easy to find component and augment to them. You’ll need to reach revered standing with some faction to get those augment though.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EwyBmZ

At level 97 anything is better than nothing. Components and Augments are absolutely vital. Every slot by the time you are 25-30 should have a component attached to it. You can make do without them for a good bit in the early levels but my advice (if you enjoy making alts) is to get in the habit of doing it early, once you’ve gained access to the blacksmith you should be intending on slotting in components asap.

Components that boost your armor/resists are what you are primarily looking for on non-weapon slots.

1 Like

So long story short, I am almost there, except I don’t have enough rep with the AoM factions to get the last augment. So in an effort farm AoM rep I need to get there on ultimate. Trouble is I can’t touch Carraxus Foul. I can barely damage him. What am I doing wrong… this quite frustrating…

Yes I have learned my lesson, should have farmed the rep a long time ago…

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EwyBmZ

Why the candle devotion?

You can turn back to Elite and doing bounty there