Thoughts on the new Crucible

Nice :rolleyes:
/10 chars

On one hand i really like the updated Crucible - more challenge is always welcome.

However it really reduces the amount of builds which can even do it what about farm it effectively to a handful - my almost unkillable double blitz commando is getting totally wrecked. I hope some needed hotfix does the trick or we will end in pre-AoM times.

Also i dont get the point of why Crate reduced the Tribute reward after wave 130+? Beating wave 150 now rewards like 10 tribute (before i think was 30 or 35). It really doesnt allow you to farm like before at all.

Maybe even run elections among the most performing players of the month? :furious:

It’s amusing how mortals think much about defeating me. I’m not even dead - merely sent back to my home realm. Cairn’s connection to the realm is weak at the moment, so I can manifest only 0.01% of my power. Figured me out? Hah!

well that is disappointing considering 150 hasn’t got any EASIER lol. hopefully the didn’t nerf the loot!

patch notes do say “more challenges and more rewards” which leads me to believe loot for 170 is MORE than from 150. which will be most welcome. I’ve had many runs of gladiator 150 where the entire loot pool yields 3 legendaries. That shouldn’t even be possible.

If your character could handle 150 before, you will still enjoy the same rewards, just with a little more monster variety. So if your build was intended for farming the Crucible, you haven’t lost any farming efficiency.

If your character is more godly and can handle 151+, then that’s just more rewards. Nobody got penalized for there being new waves.

I’d guess at some point in the future Lokarr will wade into the crucible himself at the end, if it gets expanded to like 200 waves or something.

That does seem to be my experience, except that if you do go past 150 and fail, your rewards are less than if you stopped at 150.

Facing 2 Kubakabra’s, Zantarin and one more super fast boss on wave 160 is a bit ridiculous. That was far more difficult on Challenger, than anything at 150 is on Gladiator. The step up on the next 10 waves is not very natural.

This was consistent with before, I think. If you failed at 149, you’ll have less rewards than if you stopped at 140

Yeah, except that Wave 160 is harder than 150 is on the next difficult higher. So going on is not just a step up, but a huge flight beyond the previous waves.

It actually is when you think about it, in main campaign Act IV -> V is a difficulty spike. So Base game Crucible -> AoM crucible is a difficulty spike. Looks fine to me

In time people should be able to adapt to these new waves as well just as how people got used to AoM’s difficulty spike

Sure they did. you nerfed the tribute reward for wave 150. you realize farming 130 to 150 was only possible because of the tribute rewards. i’m fine with it being less tribute rewarded, but you should lower the cost of resetting, maybe 5, 10, 15 instead of 5, 15, 30.

What I think has happened is that the bonus for finishing the last wave was moved to 170, making 150 just an ordinary reward in line with every 10 wave reward.

Hard disagree. I’m so sick of the difficulty fetishists demanding the game get harder to the point where no one can fucking play any of the content that gets released without being one of three builds, all of which are nearly identical, and are based around spending 80% of the game running in circles or rotating temp buffs. If that’s your play style, fine, but don’t force it on me because it’s boring as shit.

If you want the game to be so difficult that only you can beat it, make a mod and bugger off. Go play the Souls games. Maybe even go outside once you’ve beaten the content that is so easy you finished it 12 seconds after it was released. Just stop making it miserable for everyone else because nothing tells me & mine to uninstall and turn potential new players away from buying than saying “yeah you basically have to have X class with Y skills and Z gear or else you can’t even try endgame content.”

Nope, no change.

Previously wave 150 would automatically trigger the End reward. That total reward is the same as before if you choose to stop at wave 150.

It’s funny how my pimped out (min-maxed mythicals, millions spent on AoM components, some sick greens) characters that used to beat previous iteration of Crucible with ease and now they just get their shit kicked in. Well, wave 160 is not too bad for my melee Druid, by my CT sorc is probably gonna have hard time there, and my conjurer struggles too. Not even gonna try 2h ranged Vindicator, lol.

And yet I did it with Steam friend who got a Rune Spammer Magehunter in literally rags and it can solo new waves with ease. Non Arcanist classes are going to have a hard time I am thinking.

Also, what is going to happen on Extra Spawn? There was literally nothing to run at some point at normal spawn already.

I’ll tell you what I’ll do; I’m not going to play past 150 until it’s rebalanced.

Right now it caters to very very specific builds. But it does not feel like bullshit when you just don’t want to do it anymore (like Ravager fight), it’s just a very humbling experience.

I agree with both points. I guess we will see how many builds make it. The crucible was challenging before but there were 30+ builds that could do it.

When I was faced with 2 Kubacabra’s and Zantarin (have to stay in melee or dodge his shotgun attacks), along with another big nasty boss thrown into the mix. I just gave up after 5 mins of fighting. You can’t dodge Zantarin’s shotguns, and both Kubracabra’s bleed pools, and their breaths and manage to do damage to them. That was on Challenger wave 160, with a character that handles Gladiator 150 just fine.

If that was Gladiator 160, I would have felt humbled, but Challenger, with a Gladiator character, that was bullshit if you ask me.

Link your build, man