Reasonably powerful builds

For my witchblade, Wave 154 was a cakewalk. The problems began at 159 wave, and wave 160 is just ridiculous, i died several times to it.

Nice, I’ll be waiting for your feedback.

I don’t like banners, I always do it with 2 blassings only.

Thanks for sharing! Will try that.

The build I posted is scream-proof :smiley:

Thanks, man! My sanity is still here with me just because of this setup :slight_smile:

No, it’s 30 min with 2 blessings no banners. And I am very happy that it is not only possible, but reliable. Times don’t matter that much, I doubt anybody will farm 150-170 constantly, the rewards are pathetic.

Tip of advice: Prepare your vocal cords when you start playing the squishier builds.

I hope they don’t buff the rewards at 170. These waves shouldn’t be for farming. I do agree with the concerns on melee builds though, even though i only play casters.

Yeah, the rewards are absolutely ridiculous. I’ve farmed 150-170 on challenger (gladly, my build can do that reliably), and got 3 legendaries and very few MI’s… WUT? 150-170 Challenger is harder than old 130-150 Gladiator (not to mention that 130-150 Gladiator also became harder), and reward is so pathetic? It looks like Crate just decided to nerf Crucible…

The problem is, they ARE intended for farming! You get puny tribute rewards for 130-150 (barely enough to afford 2 buffs), and reset / start from 100 costs a lot of tributes too (not to mention you have to plow through boring and unrewarding 100-130 waves every second time).
While for farming 150-170, you get tons of tributes (so you can afford banners and rerolls), you start from 150 (no need to waste time on 3 unrewarding waves), etc.

ATM, i’m trying to figure, whether my 2-h Witchblade can beat 150-170 Gladiator, or it’s impossible for him and i should try another build… I even have few decent ideas for other builds, but i lack gear, components and time to assemble and test them ATM (since i always play legit, no “items from thin air” using cheats, etc.)…

I haven’t played 100-150 after the update except for the time I needed to unlock the checkpoint on two of my chars. From what you said, it looks like the tribute rewards for 130-150 has been nerfed. If that’s the case then the tribute rewards for 130-150 are the ones that need fixing and not the 170 loot, imo. The crucible as a whole was made for farming but I think the eave 150 rewards are enough and 151-170 should just be challenge waves. Making 151-170 an efficient farming route would just lead us back to the time when every new player in the game will want to see a crucible farmer.

No, 130-150 rewards are the same. Zantai himself replied in your own thread:

Oh. Thought he only meant the loot. Thanks.

nice build… Builds to clear lvl 150-170 gladiator…

Its a bit funny see when people say its a troll build… I mean my build is almost same… yes them say so coz them jealous on some way :slight_smile:

hey i beat the waves 150 - 170 cruci used 2 buffs health and damage with this build
was really fun thx for sharing the build

S&B physical cadence witchblade by Eddie_Alucard

fyi

That’s good to hear :slight_smile:

I’ve been lazy about Crucible (I hate it) since the update. Maybe I should give it a go… one day.

I am not consistent enough.

Pyro DW guns is like 10-25%, can’t remember

Commando fire forcewave is like 50%

2H melee is a surprising 50% but maybe I was getting lucky

You’re welcome. I tried it myself and died on wave 170. Maybe I was just unlucky or doing something wrong since it was one of my first attempts.
Should give this build another try I guess.

That’s very strange to hear because your build has unmatched tankiness and literally the only place where you need durability is crucible.

I’m very surprised you managed to clear with dw guns and 2h melee at all. Grats!
Sad about commando fire forcewave though, I saw your video, looked promising, was about to give it a try.

I made that build to farm Lokarr solo, facetanking him without overusing life leech and without godly double rare MI or crafted items, as a kind of self challenge. It just happened to perform really well in the crucible too :slight_smile:

Added new picture. Added third build to clear gladiator 150-170 reliably.

Now I’m wondering how bleed builds, the build that literally does only dots, fare in 150-170. Haven’t even tried them after expansion release.

Edit. Nvm, still pretty strong. The witchblade version, at the very least. 150-170 doesn’t have many skellies so it clears fast. Shaman might be worse due to the lack of instant heal though.

In the third build (yours, Zhuugus), how much do you rely on cadence? do you alternate between casts of forcewave and cadence attacks at close range? Just curious, since FW needs cast speed and Cadence attack speed…

First Mogdrogen’s Ardor came out and pet builds were thrilled to have a new relic. Then it turns out pet builds have no use for it and casters/non-pet builds had far better use for the relic and were clearing old 150 Gladiator with it.

Then Ishtak comes out and pet builds were thrilled to have a new T3 constellation to try. Then it turns out pet builds have no use for it and now Soldier tanks are having success in 170 Gladiator using it.

When all this stuff comes for pet builds and it turns out other types of characters can use it far better while pet builds stagnate and fall further with the things they already have and are forced to use because they have no better options:

:feelsbadman:

He’s using Forcewave without Tremor transmuter, CS does nothing to increase damage in that build as it has a CD.

What he does in that kind of build is to hit with cadence until Deadly Momentum procs and nuke with Forcewave, Doomforce (from the relic) and Blitz to take advantage of the buff, then keep using cadence while the other skills are on cooldown and when they are fully charged again, hit with them when Deadly Momentum is up again too. Keep that rotation until everything is dead, the rest is standard Witchblade stuff, you have CoF and War Cry to debuff and must keep BoD/AoG buff up at all times too. For trash mobs I think CoF + Blitz should clean most of it in one go.

Cadence is used only for Deadly Momentum buff. Cast speed is irrelevant, forcewave is not transmuted, it has 1,2sec cd in this build. Most of the damage comes from internal trauma (forcewave and skill of doom relic), not from direct physical, though blitz helps.
Eddie_Alucard pretty much explained it.

Pet builds are very strong in the campaign at least. I agree, crucible is simply not made for pets.
I’ve played dozens of builds and I can say that some archetypes are simply stronger than the other. I guess, devs don’t even consider balancing them all
equally. That’s pretty much what they did with new crucible levels: they narrowed the amount of archetypes that can clean it reliably even more, now not only pets, but ranged builds, melee non-shielded builds and even non-kiting casters are all not welcome in 150-170.
I don’t like it, but it is what we have to live with. At least it gave me a punch to become a better build maker.

Happy New Year!