Thoughts on the new Crucible

Its mostly caused by heavy CC in crusible. Unless you sit at 80% res against all disable you dont stand a chanse against new waves regardless of build. Im pretty sure its possible to clear 150-170 with melee DW build if he has: 85% all res, 50%+ phyz res, 3K armor and overcapped by 40% on everething above. Just clear trash first, then kite ChuppaKappa, then kill remainging stuff.
My average clear time of 150-170 is 20 min with 3 buff and w/o extraspawn. I dont think these waves are farmable, its mostly extra challenge for bored ppl.

Yeah, i see here a problem too.

on Challenger and especially - Aspirant, the difficulty of 150+ waves should be much lower. Maybe, with less rewards, OK, but it’s damn too hard for non-overgeared builds.

Lower like what? Curent brain-dead crusible? Why do you need more brain-dead content?

Even that “brain-dead” crucible can bring you an unpleasant surprise with certain enemy/mutator combos.

You know, Aspirant is meant to be relatively easy. ATM, even to be Aspirant on 150-170, you need a damn tough build, already.

And rewards from 150-170 are inapproprite to difficulty. I should be swimming in legendaries, components and recipes for that…

Oh, common, its end-end-end game. By the time you challenge gladiator wave 170 you dont need legendaries. Greens, probably, but not legendaries . Its a challege for player, not lootmachine.

Challenger is not supposed to be as hard as Gladiator, yet it is harder than wave 150 gladiator. If someone wanted that challenge, they would have been playing Gladiator to begin with. I personally heard about how hard it would be, so I stepped down to Challenger to see for myself.

And let’s be honest. A self found geared out player is not going to go very far. I know a few of you guys have every gear to work with, but that’s most likely with a bit of trading with other players, and some people flat manufacture the items. I’d think the game, at least up until Gladiator 150+ should be attainable by people who use self found gear, at least without insane amount of farming time.

Anyway, it seems to be setup as a super challenge. Personally, I think it should have either been put in as a new difficulty level, or at least make Aspirant and Challenger versions scale more reasonably. I also do not think there should be such a limited build restriction on being capable of advancing. Shouldn’t most reasonable builds, at least if geared well enough, be capable of all the content?

Haven’t played aspirant and challenger since the patch but if its too difficult then its fine. I think only Gladiator should be the true challenge. Aspirant for beginners and challenger for farmers. Gladiator stays as it is cause as you said, 150-170 isn’t good for farming. Even the tribute reward is not for farming.

I think the problem is old crucible became so dead easy with AoM that people forgot in vanilla not every build could do it when it was released. It’s fine in its current state imo, I think people should be a little patient and study the waves. This shit needs getting used to
When crucible was new I doubt everyone was doing deathless runs, we all had to die once or twice to learn the wave patterns and figuring out strategies in maps. Somewhere along the line it all became 100% faceroll and the new crucible changed that again, so this might require people to revise their strategy

I was in favor of AoM content nerfs when it was released since I disagree with non-optional content being difficult but Crucible and especially wave 150-70 is optional. If you can’t farm it I don’t see any reason to nerf it. Think of it like a Superboss not every single build needs to bitch-farm it
150-170 is clearly meant for those who were bored of the old crucible and wanted a challenge.

With non arcanist class im reliably finishing 170 w/o buffs and banners.

This, you are 100% right, finally game got interesting.

All builds able to do all content is a trap, I don’t think you actually want it. Its at the casual end of casual — elitist. Or, if you actually do want it, there is a game that does exactly that called Torchlight II.

I haven’t actually run the game in 1.0.4 yet, maybe I’ll be pissed off by it too. But the good thing is that this content is really optional, you don’t have to do it. There is no special reward for completing 170 that you absolutely need to get, so no need to go full elitist for anyone to enjoy the game.

I haven’t played or tried gladiator because I have no fully decked out character but my question in regard to your statement is who did it get interesting for? Did it get interesting for the top 1% (not actual statistic) of people who have farmed and played crucible and gladiator religiously? Or has it gotten interesting for everyone? Do you think someone using self found gear would find it interesting or a frustrating nightmare? Does crate actually know what function they want crucible to serve? Before the AoM content it seemed like it was an almost casual farming run which I wouldn’t have thought was their intention? Now it is super challenging. Yes after wave 150 is optional and that is fine but what is crucible’s purpose in the grand scheme of things? It seems because of the loot rewards being so much better than campaign that crucible has become more important than the campaign content.

New Crucible is ok - challenging, but not impossible. Just like Fabius, MQ, Mogdrogen, and the Ravager, people just haven’t caught up yet. Once the importance of CC resistance becomes evident, 150-170 will be open to more and more builds again, but it will not be trivial.

My predictions:

• Mythical Avatar of Mercy becomes the next Beronath amulet;
  • Ranged/caster infiltrator becomes hugely popular. In fact, a lot of things based on Inquisitor will be super popular.
  • CDR casters based on Arcanist remain “meta”

OBS: My personal quest is to finish the new Crucible with a Defiler and after that I will quit the game. I would rather like new (hidden) Superbosses…beating the Ravager is soooo satisfying !

It got more interesting for everyone. Im using self found gear and build I used to finish it w/o buffs and banners doest have even one green item on it, yes not even a bots.
Franky I dont know what you guys are expecting, reading some comments I cant resist the feeling that some would be happy only if you can finish most challenging content with yellow gear plying blindfolded with less than mediocre build.
Only reason cruci became more popular is because it was easier/faster way to get gear than in main campaign noting more, and if you guys want easier route use some third party program I dont care. Farming even in main game now is much easier and more rewarding than ever so you dont even need to play cruci to fully stack char much less to farm wave 170.

Crucible should be tottally hard, Gladiator should test build to the bone including players nerves :D. In the main game this (kind of) experience is provided by superbosses. Maybe more superbosses will be not bad to keep interest (in main game) for some players. Just my opinion.

I don’t have any expectations to be honest. I find it difficult to enjoy the crucible not because of the challenge but it feels…drawn out might be the best way to put it. Some guys play it back to back for hours at a time and I’ve never understood how they can do it.

I’d be curious to see that build.

My opinion is that referring to new 150 170 crucible as challenging is not fully accurate. It is a special club for a select group of builds aka casters and hybrids. Of the two casters are the easiest doing even no buff. Make what you will of this. As a melee guy at heart my opinion is easy to deduce. I think there is a disconnect somewhere between the word challenge and handicap

+1

Just out of curiosity, I assume you are one of the main testers for Crucible balance, was it even harder than this before release or how’d your feedback look like?

As for me, I can farm 151-159 and 161-169 without dying now with my 2h rifle char, but both 160 and 170 are just luck of the draw.
Surprisingly Kuba is actually one of the easiest for me, I never thought I’d say I’d be glad to see 2 Kuba instead of something else. :rolleyes:

Worst is Reaper by far because of how fast he moves and he also seems to have huge slow/RR or his minions do. At 40-50% life he also gains massive damage absorb like Ravager so it takes forever to kill him.
Iron Maiden is dangerous too because of all the other stuff you have to fight at the same time.

Its an old concept, noting new, not even polished yet, but its reliable enough to finish 170 though it can, and probably will, have some problems in keeping x10 multy if you go w/o buffs and banners that is (IM is a bitch to kill with fire build).

Imho, everything else except casters/hybrids being underdoged is completely other story. Crate guys spent so much time and effort in making it be so in the name of balancing.

Agreed, tons of great MI’s also should be there.
And even if you got legendaries, you still might want better rolls (they Do matter, sometimes).

Melee has its own donwside tied with gamestile. Unless you gimp caster in dmg output they will always outperform pure-melee due to AoE clearspeed in high density areas. Still, i believe that most troubles comes from Fumble crap that destroy dmg output and sustain.