Three concise suggestions

This game is a marvel and I am enjoying it almost too much to describe. Out of love I can’t help but express wishes for some key features.

1. Salt. There should be a salt resource in the game. In this time period salt was critically important to food security and commerce. Mainly useful for preserving meat and fish, it would provide an alternative to the smoking process and be done at a salter’s shed (also requiring barrels). Also could be a required ingredient for pickled vegetables at the preservationist building. Would occur in three forms: rock salt deposits, brine springs, or tidal flats (by the sea). New building: Saltworks

2. An inn. Would earn a little gold income and enhance the general bustling town vibes. Travelers would spawn on map edge sort of like traders do, pass through town, stay for a time at the inn which must be stocked first with foods, candles, firewood, etc.

3. Wharves. If playing on a coastal map, visiting trading vessels could dock at your town and conduct exchange like a wagon trader does. Constructed along a straight row of shoreline tiles perhaps three or four tiles in length. FIrst built of timber pilings, upgraded to stone. Somehow linked to the trading post interface - maybe it must be within a short distance of the trading post to make sense. One step further brings us a new building - a boatyard. Where small wooden vessels are built for trade or fishing. (This one is a long shot, but I can dream.)

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 and 2 have been suggested; whether they’ll get added we have to wait and see.

3 is a long shot because

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.