Titan Quest Anniversary Edition

if you want to escape the world of Cairn, why not try to grab this game… it’s on sale right now!

Yeah, it was on sale for $4 today. I’ve had the boxed version forever. I’m really pleased with how fast the gameplay is now because of the new settings.

Anyway, I have a problem with TQ right now, and it’s really bugging me, pun intended. I am having the SAME audio problem that I get with Grim Dawn.

The audio disappears at different areas of the game, and sometimes I can’t hear my attacks landing. It’s so frustrating. Anybody have a solution? I’ve updated my drivers, rebooted, etc… nothing has worked yet. :undecided:

Update

Well the audio bug only seems to be an issue in multiplayer, single player seems alright.

Now onto the questions…

I have a few questions for you TQ vets, and GD experts out there. I am wanting to do a sort of Dual Blade/Blademaster that deals fire/or other elemental damage. I’m currently level 11 and have taken the Warfare Mastery using Onslaught, with dual wielding. So I am imagining an elemental melee type character. I really need some AOE support. Any ideas? Also are there any movement skills similar to Shadow Strike or Blitz?

On a side note, I never thought I’d have this much fun playing Titan Quest again. I have the gameplay set to the fastest setting. This is what I have always wanted, and what the game always needed. I will probably be playing TQ all the way until the GD expansion comes out! :smiley:

Best $4 I’ve ever spent.

since you aim for elemental you can try thane ( storm mastery) you have a nice debuff in squall that reduce enemy damage with impaired aim for those nasty range enemies… Thunderball/Concussive Blast is life saver dealer for Thane Warrior, this will be used mainly for the stun duration, the idea is to stun enemies within the squall area.Wisp pet gives elemental damage boost and you also have heart of frost that serves like nigghtblade night’s chill slowing enemy attack ( very useful for melee)

Regarding movement skills you have IIRC warwind from warfare mastery with cool animation and with some aoe capabilities… Then you have phantom strike from dream mastery similar to shadow strike… then you have the blitz like shield charge from defense and take down from hunting…

Thanks a lot, PrinceXavieR. Glad to hear that there is a Night’s Chill, and Shadow Strike type skills. I’ll give them a try.

TQ doesn’t really favor elemental melee, because in TQ damage bonuses from stats stack multiplicatively with damage bonuses from gear and skills.

Heart of the Frost doesn’t work like night’s chill IIRC. It’s just a retaliation slow.

Earth got a few buffs in phys damage so I suggest Battlemage instead. You would still get the elemental feel from it and with Dream nerfs it’s pretty close to Harbringer in power.

thanks for pointing that out… I realized that too that most of tq skills are watered down versions of GD’s… and then to mention hybrid builds require lot more effort too… but should still be viable but more catered for those advanced players…

edit : I would still recommend thane because it sounds cooler :rolleyes:

Thanks for the input. I’m going to put off Thane for a bit given the feedback.

I’m kind of getting off track now, but I couldn’t help trying out a caster Storm build to try out Ice Shard. I haven’t really planned anything around the skill yet, I’m just trying to get a feel for different skills right now, which leads me to my next question.

I currently have a Storm mastery class and I’m noticing that some armors require Strength to use. Do INT focused casters need to put points into Strength in order to wear armor in TQ?

Pure casters wear caster armor which requires int and dex. You need just enough dex and everything else goes into int. Casters in general suffer from the lack of single target damage, so they typically try to push int as high as possible.

The problem with playing hybrid toons in TQIT or AE is that pure melee gives you strength and dex, pure caster gives you intel and dex while Dream is on its own in giving you str and intel but no dex. So getting enough strength to equip end game melee weapons/gear plus trying to have enough intel to deal good elemental damage is difficult as you have to spread your attribute points more than you would for the pure classes. That’s why it’s recommended to either go elemental or physical rather than trying to mix the two.

Irma2 gives some good examples of various types of builds in his compendium.

http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/41939-Mainstream-TitanCalc-class-compendium

You can look for Hardy/Robust/Hale items to boost strength or Diogenes/Plato/Arsistotle/Socrates items to boost intel. These often have things like dex or DA as well.

Also bear in mind that on a straight playthrough of TQIT/AE you’ll be finishing the game around level 60-62 usually if you don’t farm. You’ll never come close to the L75 level cap in the game so tailor your build accordingly using www.titancalc.com for the disc version, this https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-anniversary-edition-calculator/ for the AE version.

Squall/Obscured Visibility is a great early game skill. Maxing both will wipe out foes with no problems all on its own. It loses some power later in the game though, but still helps a melee toon by putting pesky archers like the Machae off their shots. I prefer Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning over Thunderball, but give both a try and see which one suits your style of play. You can always buy the points back at the Mystic at various cities in the game. :slight_smile:

If going pure caster and planning to stay out of fight range then you just need intel and dex, with only enough dex to equip the highest mage gear - around 180. The rest can go into intel if you want. Caster gear doesn’t need str. Melee gear doesn’t need intel.

Another nice tip from Poinas is for those bonus attribute points you get from 3 quests in the game: the Chiron’s bow side quest, when you give Imhotep the Hand of Balance and the Eye of Chaos as part of the main quest and when you complete the Terracota Soldiers side quest. Use these 6 points (18 in all over 3 diffculties) to boost your health or energy or split them half and half between the 2.

Thanks for all your input medea. I am actually trying out Squall right now. I’ll have more to say about it after I get used to it. Right now at character level 8, it doesn’t seem like it’s doing much. But I have crap gear, and barely any points into it. I am doing ok with Ice Shard (Ice Spike!?) though.

Anyway, quick question: Is there no loot filter in TQ:AE? I’d really like to NOT SEE WHITE ITEMS!

*edit

Also is there a good place to farm INT items in Act 1?

there is a loot filter, did you check your hotkeys ?

I just know that all loot can be toggled on if you press ALT. What I’m looking for is a way to toggle OFF whites, and eventually yellows. In other words, a similar loot filter like in Grim Dawn…

theres only a option you can toogle off whites only

Ah, found it. Thanks!

Don’t worry, it will do once you max it. :slight_smile:

Use the “X” key on your keyboard to filter out whites.

Can’t think of anywhere particular to farm for intel items. Most of the foes you meet are melee toons so not always a lot of drops for mages. Keep an eye out for Satyr mage items though - Staff, Charm and Hood of the Magi MIs drop from them and they’re very good items for early game. The Staff is fire based, but you might be lucky and get one with Chilling or Electrified as a prefix.

i just bought this and started playing, i want to roll a ranged char so i went with hunting, i guess phys/pierce will be my thing, what’s a good 2nd mastery to go for a build like that? (bow user)

Also : i’m spending stat 1 dex+1 health/1str+ 1 health.

Point me in the right direction pls :slight_smile:

Well, you could go with Rogue which would give you some poison and traps to use as well for a Brigand or Warfare for a Slayer. Poison does scale better in the AE version of the game. If you want to be a bit more tanky for any close combat fighting then choose Defense for a Warden. Another option and one of the best classes for the disc version, though not quite so overpowered in AE, would be a Haruspex (Hunting/Dream). You might need to go 2:1 dex:str for that as Dream doesn’t give you any dex, only str and intel, and bows need a lot of dex.

No need to put points into health, 1:1 str:dex is fine. If you want you can use the bonus attribute points as I suggested in my earlier post to boost health and/or energy.

thx a lot medea, i think i will go for brigand. If TQ get me as GD did i’m lost.

edit : playing a lil bit with the calculator you posted i noticed rogue synergizes well with beed dmg

Yes, that’s something that’s been added to the AE version. The disc version didn’t really have much bleed damage.

TQ isn’t as deep or complicated as GD. Some crafting with the Artifacts, but that’s it, no other items, no factions of course. But it is brighter in general as far as locations go (not grim at all) and there’s a wealth of Greek, Egyptian and Chinese lore in there if you take the time to listen to all the storytellers.

If you’re a packrat there is an out of game storage program and also one that keeps track of your MIs/Uniques, etc. Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll post the links for you. :slight_smile: