Too much micro management needed

Literally what it says. Either you want to milk the cows or you don’t. Milking causes them to be inside longer and eat more root veggies or grain. Not milking has them outside longer.

But the milking is automatic once you make the choice, just as you suggest you want.

3 Likes

I don’t see it that way. What happens to me is while I’m paying attention to the micromanagement of, say, my fields, I’m missing taking care of other things that need to be taken care of.

I would recommend you to deal a little with the fields. There are 3 strips for each year by the field, and if you alternate wheat in the first year, beans in the second, and field care in the third (digging and clover for example), then you will never need to visit the fields again. Minus one problem

I wish there were a way to make a map of my city, for reference, because as it becomes more dense in the center and more spread out in the hinterlands with mines and hunters and fisherfolk and foragers, I keep forgetting where I built what!

it is very convenient to select, for example, the building of the fisherman, all the buildings of the fishermen are immediately highlighted. And I would recommend to collect them all in a corner and assign them areas for fishing and also forget about them

like no notifications about buildings needing repair until “building abandoned” pops up. That’s happened to me twice in the couple of (real-world) days)

I highly recommend putting 20-30 or more people on the right list of builders. You will be able to force them all to build something with great difficulty, but this is not necessary. The main reason is that they fix it. With my city of 300-400 people, 30 builders almost never allowed a strip with a damaged building. Minus one problem :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I say if they can fix the interface lag they can add even more micro management.

This is supposed to be a HARD CORE city builder survival style game not hello kitty lol. It’s also still in early access so things will be worked on but I don’t want them to make it a fully automatic running game. I want more control and the OP wants less. Give me MORE control please let me select people to work in what building so I control their travel time and I am able to choose people that live closer. Let me have more control over the fields and crops and hunters. Give me more options not remove them or worse make them automatic. Some things do need work, but lets not turn this into a city watcher game.

9 Likes

[quote=“Diecy, post:24, topic:120364, full:true”]
Give me MORE control please let me select people to work in what building so I control their travel time and I am able to choose people that live closer. [/quote]

We have a winner!!!

1 Like

Ah, I see. Thank you.

I have 50 builders and still have a problem getting them to do the repairs that need to be done. Your builders sound conscientious. Mine are apparently a bunch of lazy louts! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Diecy, complely agree with you. Give us more management options so we can micro-manage to our hearts content. If possible have an auto setting for people that don’t want that level of micromanagement.

2 Likes

every map I’ve gotten has water scattered across it. not in one place. plus, the population of fish changes so ignoring fishermen is just an invitation to having them do nothing when their population runs out.

here is my fish chart, I haven’t changed the zone for 70 years. As you can see, the fishermen complain that there are no fish, and indeed there are no fish, but for the year they catch about 80-150 fish

if a hunter or fisherman complains that there is no fish for a long time or there is no deer for a long time, etc., then in my opinion, if this fisherman or hunter made some catch last year, then these fishermen and hunters can be ignored for about 10-15 years , especially when there are no problems with food

I don’t know how many decades these hunters have been complaining that there are no animals, but somehow they manage to find 150 meat for the last year all these decades. If they continue to bring meat, I will never interfere in their work, there are a lot of other things in the game

2 Likes

I’ve seen the same thing with fishers and hunters BUT I’m not convinced that this is a feature and not a bug. Why would the game say no more meat or no more fish but in fact there is more meat and more fish? Sounds like a bug, not a feature. We’ll see, In the meantime, I don’t want to learn the game based on what are probably bugs.

1 Like

perhaps the game is divided not only into years, but also into seasons, and when a fisherman or hunter of seasons 1-2 does not see his goal, he starts to panic with an icon, annoying the player. But then the season he needs comes, and they start to act. Unfortunately, yes, the game is riddled with bugs, but I have already spent so many hours in it that for me these bugs have become gameplay:-(

2 Likes

We do see seasons also used in Fruit trees and farms. maybe the icon popping up is the bug

I don’t think game is micro heavy.

I played a lot of strategic and city builder games, and they all had the same or more input needed.
With FF, I think, that some micromanagment is needed, because it is a kind of survival game, especially on higher difficulties.

Still, game gets easier to manage proportionally with technological progress your city makes.
Food gets mostly automated, with farms, barns and aborists requiring little to no managment when designed correctly.

Fishes and animal meat have their max limit to how much you can exploit them(fishes especially, check fish count when trying to put new fishing shack down), same with trees and stone. That is the main force moving your city to grow.

As of now, there is work being done to make endgame more sustainable, and maybe something like eel farms will come along too.

As for micromanagment, well, maybe some button for auto poop distribution, but still, either play slower or pause when needed. There isn’t that much to do. Imo, at least :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Agree, Agree, Agree.

I don’t want to say Im bored, as I still haven’t made it to that 1000k mark (and its early access and the game isn’t finished lol). But honestly my game play right now consists of Trade, compost, Trade, Compost, prepare for raid on the 4th years, trade, compost, work on my city plan for 0.7.6 :smiley:

I haven’t look at my barns or farms for much more than “let me see the numbers” in probably 75 years

2 Likes

I love how detailed it is. I hope this does not change much. So many survival games nerf the difficulty to make the game easy.

3 Likes

Thanks for that, I’ve never tried with such a large number of builders, I always thought it was the delivering that caused my bottlenexks so I’ve had plenty labourers but rarely assigned more than a dozen as builders. I have one topped-out city that’s growing manor houses (gorgeous things) and plenty to work with, I’ll try that out. I agree with the fields thing, I think people expect too much too quickly with farming, we are usually talking many years before things settle down to a good rotation which doesn’t attract pests and doesn’t leech the soil, that’s the complex reality which is putting this game way out there for me, it’s a real challenge. I’m old enough to remember seeing plate-spinners on tv, you never see them now, spining loads of plates on top of poles simultaneously, while dancing around attending to them all to a musical accompaniment, it sometimes feels like that, there’s always something needing built, or tidied up, or secured, and so many mechanics (like your fields) to consider… I’m still thoroughly enjoying it after 500 hours, because it makes my head spin like a plate on a pole.

3 Likes

Most of the time I don’t even care about crops lost to disease, cause with 97%+ fertility and appropriate ground conditions they still bring in a lot more than estimated with the crops lost to disease.

3 Likes