[Tool] Fonts Switcher

Fonts Switcher

Download:

What it do?:

1. It automates the process of trying out different fonts in GD. This tool is meant to be used in conjunction with @stargater 's (and his alt account: @shaice) fonts he has made available here:
    [English font] GD clear fonts + london gothic fonts OR normal clean fonts versions

I highly recommend taking a browse thru his thread so you more fully understand what is what and to download his fonts. There are a whole lot of 'em!

2. Read the How-to section below.

How-to:

Expand for Maximum Learning
  1. Download stargater’s fonts.

2. Download the Fonts Switcher zip file above. Extract the executable from the zip file, you can run it from anywhere. Fire it up! The first time you launch it might ask you to set your GD install path. It will also back up your default Fonts.arc file into a zip.

Now you should have something like this:

3. Upon launch it will create a folder at:
    C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME HERE\Documents\My Games\_gdswitcher\fonts

Place stargater’s fonts zips in this location. Note: you will need to restart the tool for it to scan and load in your font zips.

4. In the combobox you select which fonts file you want to use. How about some Bloody Bacon?

5. Now just press the Set button:

This area will always show which font is active and the tool remembers it from session to session so you never forget plus it will automatically extract the current active font every time you start the program. This is especially handy after game updates where it resets it back to defaults.

6. You can also press the big ol’ Choose Random button just in case you’re in the mood to mix it up a little and don’t care which font it chooses. The only one it won’t choose is the default_gd_font_bkp.zip which is created the first time you run the tool.

7. Small buttons were added, one to the left and one to the right of the dropdown combo…

1. Opens your GD installs resources folder, which contains the Fonts.arc file, at:
      Y:\our\Installation\Path\To\Grim Dawn\resources

2. Opens the tools own operating location folder:

Enjoy! :scorv:

5 Likes

Update 1

Tweaked Fonts Switcher with a new look, much like the Loadscreen Switcher.

• It now checks for default GD install paths and retrieves them from you if other than defaults.

• It now has a default folder location where it performs all its operations:
    It will create the location on first launch. You will want to place all your fonts .zips here.

This means that the tools executable can now be ran from anywhere you wish to place it. I also wanted this location for future tie-in/compatibility with my main GD Switcher tool… eventually.

• Small buttons were added, one to the left and one to the right of the dropdown combo…

1. Opens your GD installs resources folder, which contains the Fonts.arc file, at:
      Y:\our\Installation\Path\To\Grim Dawn\resources

2. Opens the tools own operating location folder:

• Added a big ol’ Choose Random button just in case you’re in the mood to mix it up a little and don’t care which font it chooses. The only one it won’t choose is the default_gd_font_bkp.zip which is created the first time you run the tool.

• Speaking of the default_gd_font_bkp.zip, it’s worth mentioning that IF your current Fonts.arc happens to NOT be the true original Fonts.arc perhaps you should verify the game files so that the game replaces it with the original so the tool CAN make a ‘true’ backup of it. Jus’ saying.

• That’s mostly it for now. Get it in the OP above.

Enjoy! :scorv:

2 Likes