[Tool] GD Defiler

Just what the fuck do I do now? I just want to restore my character. I only wanted to edit the masteries. But TQVault fucked up the attributes and skills and now I can’t load the character or do anything?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sadly I don’t think there’s much you can do. The tool is several years out of date with both games and simply won’t recognise some characters that have reached a certain point in the Ragnarok expansion or been into the new Eternal Embers expansion at all.

Can you not edit the character again in TQVault?

Hey guys !

First of all, thank you for gdStash amazing tool ! However i having a hard time cuz Necromancer Mastery doesn’t show up. On the Mastery Info panel the list doesn’ even have the necromancer skill tree. On my character it’s says necromancer lv 36 but there is no mastery panel for necromancer at all. Am i doing something wrong? or it’s just bugged? I tried redownloading, re install, re import etc etc. Also i only using Enchanted Catalclysm mod!

thank you guys anyways!

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you in the right thread? You mention GDStash, but this thread is about GDDefiler which is a different programme and sadly hasn’t been updated for several years now. I don’t even know that mod you mention either.

hello there, thanks for the application, however when i select modifications for grim dawn it only lists one which is infinite potion stacking, is there a way to add more, like ti change drop rate or other things in grim dawn?

This program hasn’t been updated for years. For such features check out

Droprates are typically changed in mods.

ok many thanks. i will try that, much appreciated

Hello everyone! Sorry for the vanishing act, I hope to get some more progress done on this editor again if time permits. This update does NOT add support for the latest Titan Quest expansion yet, that I hope to progress on after this update.

0.2.4.1 (4/2/2023)
-Improved auto-update support.
-Confirmation is required to save a character while the game is running to try to avoid adverse effects such as character resets.
-GD Defiler no longer requires administrative rights to run, going forward it will request elevation if needed.
-Updated to target .NET Framework 4.8.
-Updated GD loot filter tab to match actual in-game screen again.
-GD loot filter tab is now fully functional.
-Fixed logic for GD save character if game is running being backwards.

Here is the download link for the GD Defiler:
https://www.soulseekkor.com/apps/gddefiler/setup.exe

9 Likes

This update does NOT add support for the latest Titan Quest expansion yet, that I hope to progress on after this update

Nice to see you back :+1:
That would be great.

hi Im new here so how can use this’'??

Fantastic news, and thanks for all the work you put into this - my HC characters owe their lives to you :wink:

Seeing you back makes my month… Thanks so much for everything!

You can yes, for Grim Dawn characters, the latest Titan Quest is not yet supported.

Glad my tool was able to help you out!! :slight_smile:

Happy to be back! Going to try to get things back to a usable state again and clean things up, it’s been too long… Too much life in the way lol, hopefully things will quiet down one of these days!

2 Likes

Ok, so it’ll be supported in the future buuuut… will TQ mods return to your Defiler?
Or can I forget about them?

So good you’re back man. :slightly_smiling_face:

As Soul said earlier

In Titan Quest Anniversary Edition (and the original one too), you can set the level of skills to 4 more than the max, for example, the Onslaught skill from Warfare Mastery, the max level was 8, but through special items, or through the defiler (I used HxD), you could set it to a max of 12, and it would show and work in-game.

In Grim Dawn, you can set the level of skills to 10 more than the max. But the problem is with Grim Dawn, it does not work. For example, the Oleron’s Rage skill from Soldier Mastery has a max level of 12, but it could go up till 22, but whenever I set it to 22 in GD Defiler, it goes back to it’s original level when I load/play the game. Same for all other skills from any masteries. I can not even use a Hex editor with Grim Dawn’s save file because it becomes practically unreadable after loading the game, the entire decoded text in the hex editor goes from readable to making no sense. Did anyone manage to get the increased skill levels working, if so, I could use a little help. Thanks in advance!

Feature request: The ability to modify the number of Tribute points for a character.

Thank you for the consideration.

Hey SoulSeekkor! First I would like to say thank you for maintaining this for an entire decade, it’s an excellent tool for an excellent game and your tool makes things much easier to manage. So thank you!

Second, I was wondering if it might be possible to edit masteries and skills directly. As in just giving the abilities through the same in game interface. So like, if I were giving my character Arcanist abilities, I could just edit it via the same interface Grim Dawn uses, just in your tool instead. This way we could still have “orphaned” skills without having to go through the process of giving the mastery in game, building it up, getting the skills, removing it with the tool, etc.

I hope I’m making sense with what I’m asking. I mean I know what I am asking for but sometimes articulating things is difficult for me.

Thank you!

edit: I saw a post from like, 2016, that asked if it was possible to implement the extra inventory bags and you said something about how it was a good idea, should be easy and included in the next update. Was that ever added, and if so where can I find that option?