[Tool] GD Defiler

It works just fine now, thank you so much for looking into this, it updated my old install in 2 seconds. Much appreciated.

How can I reset all skill points, so that I can reskill? Do I have to delete every skill and than I have to set the available skill points to (what??!) Thanks for awnsering

I am sure this will rank very high on the stupid question list, but I donā€™t see any characters Iā€™ve created in the expansion, nor are any of my old characters correct, they show lowers levels than they are now that Iā€™ve played the expansion, etc.?

In the screenshot below there are two ā€˜Removeā€™ buttons, when clicked youā€™ll be given the option to remove all associated skills for that mastery effectively allowing you to choose another mastery and skills.

Are you still having trouble? Please let me know!

You mean when updating the skill level for a particular skill? Iā€™ve done away with the ā€˜Updateā€™ button that was there, it now tracks it as itā€™s changed.

Iā€™d need a log to tell for sure, I havenā€™t seen the deployment zone exception that seems to be occurring before, Iā€™ll most likely do away with the publish very soon anyway so this will no longer be an issue. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately Iā€™m not getting an exception when testing with a cloud save myself. :frowning: Can you let me know what the path is out of curiousity for the save you are editing? The location can be found in the attached screenshot. If you can, could you test a non-cloud save and see if it happens as well? Thank you!!

Note that the first numbered folder, after userdata, will be different for each person. I suspect that number is the userā€™s Steam ID.

I just downloaded GD Defiler for the first time. It initially started, but I tried adding the Grim Dawn file location(I have it on steam) in the settings. I closed the app accidentally, now it wonā€™t load. I keep getting the cannot start application error.

Is there any fix for this? I looked to try and uninstall/reinstall, but it isnā€™t in the list of uninstallable apps

update

Apparently AVG wasnā€™t allowing me to open it again. Fixed.

Thanks for the update, glad you were able to get it worked out! :slight_smile:

Soul

@SoulSeekkor Well the website works now but while trying to run setup.exe generates the known error

An error occurred trying to download ā€˜http://www.soulseekkor.com/apps/gddefiler/publicpublish/GDDefiler.applicationā€™.

See the setup log file located at ā€˜C:\Users\sn00p\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD61C2.tmp\install.logā€™ for more information.

Hmm, can you disable any Antivirus you have installed before running the setup? It looks like itā€™s getting blocked.

Soul

i can also confirm this soul. for some reason your newest up date to the program seems to be getting it flagged and moved to my virus chest by Avast.

hopefully you can get this patched soon.

Hey Soulseekkor, so my character got wiped using GD Defiler but I managed to get him back from one of the gddbak extensions.

But the quest line has completely reset now. Is there a way to get the quest line back to normal?

Unfortunately there isnā€™t really anything I can do, AV detects applications such as mine as a false positive sometimes (has going back to the early TQ Defiler days). This may be due to the portion of the GD Defiler that is the ā€œmodification engineā€ for applying mods, after all changing a DLL file would normally be suspicious. :slight_smile:

Really about the only thing that can be done is switch to an AV with fewer false positives (debatable) or if possible submit the file that gets flagged as a false positive (better if it can be done).

Wish I had a better answer. :frowning: On the bright side, when I update next it very well may not flag it.

Soul

Is there any problem using this? Do I get cheat flagged in steam or anything Else negative?

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI CAN-L11 mit Tapatalk

No. Grim Dawn was made explicitly for modding and third party tools.

Hmm, weird Windows Defender is disabled and I donā€™t use any AV softwares, common sense works best, and I let the setup.exe through the firewall tho.

It works now, thanks a bunch.

An additional note to this, Iā€™ll be looking into testing an avenue that may help alleviate the issue with AV and false positives. Once I get a chance to try this in an update, Iā€™ll also note it in that release here and the forums and ask for feedback!

Soul

Iā€™ve created an installer using Advanced Installer:
http://www.soulseekkor.com/apps/gddefiler/GDDefiler.msi

Please let me know how this works for you guys! This is a test, if things work okay with the MSI Iā€™d like to switch to using this going forward, eventually Iā€™ll need to get the Professional version which supports automatic updating, but I donā€™t have $400 to blow right now lol.

Please let me know, thank you!!

Soul