[Tool] GD Defiler

You’ve hit the right place! I just confirmed and you are correct, when removing the mastery and NOT the skills it isn’t working (but the remove mastery AND the skills correctly does). This should be a quick fix that I can sneak in tonight yet. Thanks for reporting it!

Soul

Sorry Download …
I just got low here and went to execute and not give. It seems I do not have a connection!

Gotcha! Can you post (or PM) me the country you live in? I have to adjust the security profiles. Just to confirm you cannot access www.soulsforums.com either correct? That would confirm it is a location issue.

Soul

Awesome, thank you very much!

Send PM you.

This should be fixed now. :slight_smile:

Soul

I downloaded the .application file but I can’t run it due to the following error:

ERROR DETAILS
	Following errors were detected during this operation.
	* [10/16/2017 7:49:35 AM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (Zone)
		- Deployment and application do not have matching security zones.
		- Source: System.Deployment
		- Stack trace:
			at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
			at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

Is this a location issue as well?

Thanks for making this tool by the way!

Make sure to use this link:
http://www.soulseekkor.com/apps/gddefiler/publicpublish/publish.htm

Click the install button, it’ll download a setup.exe that you run. Then you should be good to go. :slight_smile:

Soul

That worked, thanks a lot! But the application cannot save (this error happens whenever I click the save button). It only happens if I try to save an existing player.gdc file, “Save As” works (but then the game doesn’t recognize my new character and I don’t get an option to select it in the main menu).

I’m using Steam cloud saves if that’s relevant.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalMove(String sourceDirName, String destDirName, Boolean checkHost)
   at GDDefiler.EncryptedCharFormat.SaveAs(String sCharFileToSave)
   at GDDefiler.frmGDCharacter.mnuCharacterSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

An error occurred trying to download ‘http: //www .soulseekkor. com/apps/gddefiler/publicpublish/GDDefiler.application’.

See the setup log file located at ‘C:\Users\Zippo\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD934A.tmp\install.log’ for more information

Any fix for this?

Same, even with exception through Firewall.

I can’t get the skill points modifier to save anymore.

EDIT: Apparently you have to hit “enter” after you put in the number of skills you want added or something. Not sure, weird UI thing going on there.

Can’t open the link from OP. I am from Romania, using Chrome, but i’ve tried IE too, don’t think it is browser problem. :frowning:

Can someone just upload an already installed version of this? Or OP.

For everyone having problems downloading…

You can try this link, hopefully it works for you.

https://uploadfiles.io/y4l9h

Just as a general warning, be wary of files uploaded by people you don’t know.

This !

…and to Soul:

when running the application I’am getting this one:
“[16.10.2017 18:11:45] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (Zone)”

If it is a country issue , I’am from Germany

best regards
Arb

Edit: nevermind, using the Install button from your website worked !
but I’am still curious what causes the exeption when using the other method ?

Didn’t mean to scare people.

I literally found the first website to upload at that might help others out. That is the direct setup.exe you get from the OP’s website.

Well I have no idea who you are, so I was just re-iterating what should be best practices for keeping one’s computer safe. Downloading software from an unknown site from an unknown person is dangerous at best. :slight_smile:

No offense to you, just a general safety practice.

Hmm, that is very relevant…it’s due to it trying to make a backup of the character in the folder as the save, which fails due to the save being a cloud save. I’ll have to think on this one, will probably have to create an entirely separate location for save backups under documents to avoid that situation.

You are receiving this error after clicking the install button to install the GD Defiler correct?

This should be resolved now, please let me know if it isn’t.

I’ll take a look at this once I’m home from work.

In all likelihood, I may go away from the publish method here very soon, it was mainly to keep everyone on the same version to push fixes faster and for ease of keeping things up to date…and it’s been a headache lately! I’ll post about that more once it happens (it’ll be obvious as the last version to get published will redirect users to get the installer instead once that happens).

Soul