[Tool] GD Defiler

Just returned to TQ after so many years because of the new expansion…

I just wanted to quickly zip through the older acts to bring myself up to scratch with the storyline and that’s when I remembered your awesome defiler. It’s so awesome that you’re still around :smiley:

I tried the GD defiler but I guess it’s not compatible with Ragnarok yet? Or am I doing something wrong? Because it won’t allow me to do any changes to my char: The buttons are greyed out, I can’t change the masteries etc.

Most of the options weren’t working even before Ragnarok. It would be amazing if the TQ part of the defiler could be updated! I’d really love to change character name, masteries, and get my skill/attribute points back.

I am. And I can’t do this, there isn’t even a single popup indicating to give it permission. I am the only user of the computer and Windows settings it correctly shows that I’m an admin.

Right-clivck the executable; and select Run as Administraor.

You may need to go into your security programme and exclude the GDDefiler file from being scanned for viruses.

Thanks for your awesome work on the GD and TQ Defilers Soul. I’m having some issues with changing a character’s name using the defiler:

It appears there’s a bug in GDDefiler.EncryptedCharFormat.SaveAs, with System.IO.Directory.InternalMove being called with an invalid path.

Because it might be related:

• I have Grim Dawn installed through Steam on a secondary hard drive
  • My Grim Dawn characters do not appear in the Grim Dawn tab in the Defiler, I open the *.gdc file manually through the File -> Open menu item.

I have a feeling this must be related to a missing registry key causing the defiler to not have a directory for the Grim Dawn character save data to be initialized. I wasn’t able to find a registry key for Steam App 219990 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall, which would be where steam usually puts a key with the InstallLocation. Is there something I have to run with GD to get these keys created?

I could also be totally off base here, I’m totally just guessing how your code works. :stuck_out_tongue:

is there a way to keep/modify the level of the devotion skills?
All the devotion skills seem to be fixed at level 1.

So first off…thank you for updating this. Your a GOD among men. However…when I go to Masteries Tab…the remove button is greyed out and I cant use it. I loved being able to have more than two masteries…I am sure I am just a retard and its a simple thing…but if anyone could help me I would be very thankful.

Asked the same thing at the top of the page :wink: apparently, we have to wait for an update as it hasn’t worked even before Ragnarök

Is there any way to edit the devotion skill levels?

Soul, just to say the same problem is on the Titan Quest part as well. Only the GD one shows up properly, the other two are only half visible.

Nevermind, all is working. Thanks!

I converted a Hardcore character to Softcore in order to play with a friend. However, it seems that you are unable to convert Softcore characters to Hardcore?

Thankfully, I have a backup of the character thanks to the recently implemented backup function.

Edit: I should note this is a level 87 character, and when you change between Hardcore and Softcore, you lose access to the same shared stash, as well as all of your crafting recipes :frowning:

0.2.2.0 (1/2/2018)
-Updated to include new Titan Quest: Ragnarok waypoints.
-Check All checkboxes are now functional for waypoints.
-Saving of waypoints is now functional (and is not a separate save unlike TQ Defiler).
-Character backups limit has been increased from 10 to 20.
-Character backups are now stored in a “Defiler Backups” subfolder within the character’s folder.
-TQ characters are only saved if the backup was successful.

Please note, for Titan Quest characters, please backup your saves before editing! Editing of the TQ toons is very much in beta stages at this point as I’ve been rewriting that piece in my spare time to get it functional enough to use (at least until I can do it proper the way GD toons load and save).

Please use this download and avoid the publish, though it is updated as well (for now):
http://www.soulseekkor.com/apps/gddefiler/GDDefiler.zip

Soul

P.S. Please note that I have a LOT of emails, posts, and messages to catch up on, it may take me quite a while to get through them all, but I’ll be doing my best to do so as time permits!

for some reason the program has become very aggravating to my virus protection.

Not sure if this is already known, but I’ve noticed an interesting (and funny) bug! Apparently changing your gender works MOSTLY as intended, but the head texture of the original gender remains. Here’s an example of a female character of mine, once male, sporting some lovely beard stubble:

Nothing gamebreaking obviously, but felt it was at least worth mentioning when I encountered it!

Thanks for this lovely tool; it’s quite fun to poke around with. =)

Reminds me of the old screenshot claiming Crate invented a third gender: Veteran.

Hey I just had a question regarding HC/SC characters. Is it not technically possible to change an SC character to HC? Or do you just not have it enabled in GD Defiler?

I know you can resurrect HC characters, but I changed a HC character to SC and it seems you cannot change them back :frowning:

No rush on time mate, hope you had a good Holiday Season.

it is possible, so if the Defiler does not allow it, it is because he did not want this

Soul, I’m getting an error message about rebirth fountain data when I click on a toon that’s been in the TQAE expansion. It’s a fairly old toon that’s almost through Epic difficulty, but I bought back into Normal to play the expansion with when it came out. GDDefiler is updated so it’s not that it’s an old version of that.