[Tool] GD Defiler

I use Steam Cloud saves and can confirm that the GD Defiler has never located any of my Cloud Characters. The program is pointed to the correct folder but, for whatever reason, refuses to load a list of GD characters.

It does, however, work brilliantly if you manually load characters into the program and save any changes. I’ve done this many times in order to reset Iron/Aether Crystal costs for 2-year old characters that have been through quite a few patches and respecs.

TL;DR Manually load the character into the Defiler and it works fine.

great thanks ! it worked

Adjusted a character’s stats, nothing crazy, just to level 50.
Went into game and equipped some gear, blues and legendaries.
Realized I messed something up and needed to fix some stats.
Go back in Defiler, and correct it, hit save.
Go back into game, and stats were corrected, but characters inven, and equipped items were reset back to what they were prior to any adjustments. And the new items I had equipped disappeared, not in stash, or inven. :undecided:

Not sure what I did wrong, pretty unlucky I lost those items.

I have faced a very weird problem, GD 0.2.2.0 usually stuck at “Initialization Complete” without showing anything. Just sometimes, it launches successfully.
I’m using the newest patch of Grim Dawn.
Have you guys meet this problem before?
Best regards.

hi, tq:ae (without ragnarok) steam version player here

i didnt notice it so im asking. am i allowed to change the names of my characters in game using the latest gd defiler (0.2.2.0)? or the old tq defiler should work? i’ve never used these programs and i dont know if there’s an option to do this with the new tq:ae version. im just interested only in changing names.

thanks from any further answers :slight_smile:

can this work with grimarillion?

I noticed that increasing the level doesn’t automatically grant attribute and skill points. Manually adding attribute points worked just fine, but skill points…I tried adding in 114 skill points (the test character I leveled to L2 just to make sure I had tabs to work with, and I elevated her to L40 with the Defiler), but only 12 appeared, and I haven’t been able to get any more in there. Any suggestions?

same problem
who knows how fix it?

[Grim dawn with all DLCs]

Hello,

I wanted to reset my skills points to change them, everything went well except that I do not win more XP (the bar XP does not rise at all).

Any idea for resolve this?

EDIT : It’s ok, i just needed to lvl up gain .

having the same problem, any solutions or workarounds to respec these masteries?

Nope because it hasn’t been updated to cover any mods yet as far as I know.

Hello,

I recently level a character to level 58 in the vanilla version of GD.
Now , I wanted to try out the Expansion due to more content and new classes. I thus resetted the masteries and such of my level 58 character. However, as soon as I start the game with the expansion , the character is gone. In other words, the character does only show, when the expansion is disabled.

Any way to fix that ?

Why did you reset your masteries? Not needed to play the expansion.

Soul, a question for someone over on the TQF site. Do you need to own/install GD to be able to use GDDefiler? Because they’re having problems getting it to install and they don’t own the game. This is what they said the problem is.

"I downloaded GD Defiler about a week ago, and have tried a few times to get it to install. The problem is that after I get the “this installation version is for evaulation purposes only” and try to proceed with the installation of GD Defiler, it tells me there is already an installation that is ongoing and I have to complete that one before this one will install. I click ‘Retry’ but it doesn’t help.

Is this due to me having the old Defiler installed on my computer? If so, will deleting that program allow me to get this version to work? I really would like to be able to socket my Epic and Legendary items with relics and charms again!"

Typically you see messages like that when another install was done and requires a restart.

Even windows updates can cause a hold up like. Try restarting?

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if GD Defiler works with the new save format introduced with patch 1.0.6.0? I haven’t seen an update from Soul yet about it…

Thanks!

He asked me about a week ago what changes to the format there were. Whether a change is needed depends on the actual implementation, ie whether he hard coded the number of factions or sized it dynamically based on the file data.

Since the change would be easy, if needed at all, and there has not been an update, it seems safe to assume that none was needed, same as for my tool.

Great, thanks for the help!

I cannot use the tool with Ragnarok Characters. Whenever I do, I have an error.

The Error is “Rebirth data version is not 1”

Help?

Yeah, I get the same.

If I don’t send a report and close the report window I then get this message.

The sticky post notes that there are versions that are more current than the version posted in the sticky. Any updates?