[Tool] GD Defiler

Well, apparently I’m devoted to stupid. I just didn’t click the Save icon after making the changes… thanks!

Does Defiler have an option to modify resistances (fire, col, lightning, etc). If not does anyone know of a tool that does ?

1 Like

Don’t know but maybe craft yourself some sick greens with GDStash or add more devotions points with Defiler and use them on nodes with resistances?

I already told you in the save file editor thread that this is not possible as that data is not stored in the savefile. So another tool cannot do it either…

I’m happy to start a new thread on this elsewhere, but there is another thread with a tool that states it has the option to changes resistances (see the original GDTH). Don’t want to clog up the defiler thread with this conversation any longer.

Yes, a tool that changes your char in memory could do that, any kind of save file editor (such as the GD Defiler) cannot, as that data is not stored.

So if GDTH says it can, then you will have to go with that one.

Except that tool doesn’t work any more as far as I know. Not been updated for a while now.

Can someone tell me the latest version number please?

No need since it auto-updates itself so you should always have the newest version which is 0.2.4.0 at the moment. Well, it hasn’t been updated for many months but still works perfectly fine.

1 Like

I am new to grim dawn and was wondering if there is a link for gd defiler anywhere that works i have tried old links but all are broken ,my thanks in advance.

His website appears to be down/gone. Searching Google I found this…

I can’t speak for the legitness of downloading it from there tho but that’s up to you.

I don’t have setup.exe but maybe it works without installing (I’m afraid to delete it to check :wink: )
Try this
GD Defiler.zip (838.1 KB)

You can’t upload exe files here (a good thing) but attached is the setup.exe file in zipped format. It is the latest version 0.2.4.0 and still works (for me at least). This is from the original author prior to his site becoming offline.

setup.zip (1.1 MB)

2 Likes

Well thanks guys,no clue how to use it but hours of fun trying,cheers guys

Remember to click the ‘save’ button.

Hi guys, sorry for the disappearance…life’s little surprises have kinda gotten in the way the past couple years and I don’t have much free time anymore unfortunately. The website is back up again now (sorry, my fault). I was doing some maintenance recently and had it shut down. I do plan to work on GD Defiler going forward when I get the time, first thing is re-writing the TQ loading to properly support the new file formats and then move on to improving the editor overall.

Hope everyone is doing okay through all this craziness these days!

Soul

8 Likes

I’m trying to use this mod with dawn of masteries, but it doesn’t undo the second mastery, anyone knows why? is the tool not working properly, or is something else?

Did you click the ‘save’ button (sorry for stupid question)?
The program has always worked perfectly for me with unmodded Grim Dawn.

yeah i click save and even made another save to override the old save with copy paste, unless there is a save button i’m missing.

For some reason second mastery doesn’t show up there. I always had to manually remove all skills (and count how many points I would free up) in the skill-tab instead. Since you remove all skills, the mastery gets removed as well.

1 Like